Final Fantasy 7 > FF7 Tools

[PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.1.0)

<< < (179/183) > >>

cloudiar:
First, congratulate you again for making the best utility of FF7, although being synchro I still long for the stability of versions 1.6.X, again I have delays and serious problems due to instabilities, I leave my conclusions after months of long work (in the last version 1.8.5):

- After using makou it can break randomly (I've tested it on two different computers), usually when moving code/editing modules/, but it can happen almost in any action when there is such a problem

- Even if you edit a single field (instead of flevel.lgp), the instability seems almost the same, it can crash in the same way, I don't think the instability is due to running full flevel

- Mathematics/binary operation/Mod putting it with assignment of two variables (example [5][0] = [5][0] mod [5][1] variable, it will crash directly when executed, this gives me important problems, preventing me from doing things as random assigned from a variable, without this flexibility is lost and the code will increase, in my current work it is a problem because I am running out of field space

- Finally, a crashed field was generated that has an unidentified ID in flevel.lgp, I don't know if it will cause more problems, but it is not the time to migrate to a new flevel yet

If you need any more information or files, let me know, otherwise you already know that your program is exceptional, the new buttons/functions are appreciated, but it is somewhat hampered by instability problems

Probably my time with Makou Reactor is nearing the end, so you should consider some improvements, not for me anymore, really for others, in the future many more people will use this, here are some suggestions:

- Individual text export/import (without code), in my case I can't publish my work in english because of this, and I don't know any alternatives

- Individualized variable manager, that you can save names in independent ID, again I repeat that it would not help me much anymore, but it will help others in the future, it is very easy to mix and lose data because the VAR is general for everyone, in my case is an odyssey because some fields use more than 50% of the variables for minigames or custom modules

Finder that allows to identify and eliminate "unlinked code" (by script), this can be complicated I suppose, but it would be very useful

Good luck with the work, if you need any file or additional information I will be there, I hope everything goes well for you and thanks again, especially for Makou Reactor

MarcP:
Hey everyone !
So maybe I'm missing something but once you've downloaded a background in .png for example, is it actually possible to then replace it with a new version of it I would have made in Photoshop ?
I see an "import to current map" option but I don't know anything about PS/PC field map files ^^

myst6re:
(answered to MarcP in PM)

After 16 months of work, a new major version for Makou Reactor is now available!
Download here

The biggest addition is the background editor, but lots of changes are hidden inside

markul:
Its very interesting the new background editor. Now i see why the background of the  "lastmap" field is broken .I cant wait to start to experiment with this  :P .

Thanks a lot for the update  ,this adds new possibilities  for the modders :D

sithlord48:
Makou Reactor is now also now on flathub

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version