Author Topic: [SteamDeck] Game recently started hitching on music changes (song -or- volume)  (Read 467 times)

polyphonyrequiem

• View Profile
As of about a week ago, my game started hitching, and I'm not sure why.

It seems to occur when music changes (get on a chocobo/change scenes/etc.) or when music volume changes (go to menu, constantly in cave of gi descent.)

The hitch lasts 1-3 seconds, and is very annoying, but in the cave of gi descent it is virtually game breaking.

I -am- playing on a steam deck, and I did recently get an OS update (they happen a lot) but I don't believe it was correlated.  I also assume others would be having this issue if so. 

As for my setup, I can't remember everything I did to get it working on the steamdeck, but I do know that I'm using 7th heaven, and I'm playing with a handful of mods, including using new threat 2.0.  I've tried disabling mods and there isn't any one clear offender.  Leaving just New Threat enabled the issue still manifests, but turning on other mods, and disabling new threat seems to still cause the issue, so it's not as simple as just being new threat.

I'm very open to ideas here.

polyphonyrequiem

• View Profile
I found my answer, it's a known steamdeck issue.  I got help on the qhimm discord.  Thanks all!