Author Topic: Why almost all the character moddeling projects are frozen?  (Read 7217 times)

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
I've researched a bit and i found Timu's post with almost all the characters ready just waiting for texturing, but the post's date is from 2009 and we're in 2011... I don't think it would take that much time to model a character completely... and I also know that the people that model have life as well, they don't model 24/7.

I just wanted to know if the projects are frozen or if there is someone actually working on it especially on the texturing issues...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
its due to texturing taking a bit longer than modeling in most cases, and good texture artists are hard to come by.

that and working on an engineering degree whilst also having  a job takes most of yer time :P

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
My project, as an example, is "frozed" like you say because I cannot convert the files or get Garden to work again. This is a pain all that work and I would like to play FF7 too :P

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
school, and serious home issues have halted pretty much any work i can do ATM...been nearly a year since i completed anything of actual weight...

lee

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
school, and serious home issues [...]

You said all ;D

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
I see... well i guess it's just like axl rose says, "All we need is patience"  8-)

I tried to do some modelling with blender but it turns out i suck really hard at it and it would take a lot of practice to do something, so i have a clue about the modelling but the texturing i don't know anything about i just know it's the hardest thing to do...

Wish i could help somehow... I know how the studying/working things are, I'm actually studing real hard to go to an university... And here in Brazil it's really tough...

Anyway I'll just wait then I'm sure that they will come out someday  :D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Be coming a boxer, getting a girlfriend, getting a job, moving 160 miles from home and laptop hating all modelling tool.
Anyone of these can slow some one down. In my case it was all of them

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
It's always the same.
Not that having a real life is a bad thing.
But for the people uninvolved with those doing the actual modding
Yeah
Those people just wish people would stop having a life
I know full well how people expect you to do everything.
Although not in the area of modding but other stuff.

Rider of Pyrn

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
definitely need an influx of some new talent around here, most of us old timers have had our lives change quite a bit from when we started. The ground work and plans are all in place, we just need folks willing to contribute!

lee

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Re: Why almost all the character moddeling projects are frozen?
« Reply #10 on: 2011-02-02 20:47:24 »
I was actually thinking about getting some money together and holding some sort of contest to speed along some of the work being done. Havent gotten around to it yet though.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-02-02 21:22:11 »
I was actually thinking about getting some money together and holding some sort of contest to speed along some of the work being done. Havent gotten around to it yet though.
PLEASE leave money out of this; we're not trying to get a C&D here.

Giullio

• Where is the love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-02-03 00:42:42 »
I agree, i don't think we should put money in this, until now all the modders have done a lot of things for free, and shared (that's the most important part), only at the raw will.

But times changes, people changes, and they have things to do i believe we should just wait. I believe much more in this community of modders than in the new square-enix-eidos-money seeking corporation... And i say more, the day that a final fantasy 7 remake appears it will be just a piece of sh!t just like the new ones... not arguing with the people that likes the new ones but they're just no match...

Just have hope and patience, one day they'll get there :D

jameskirk

« Reply #13 on: 2011-02-21 15:35:48 »
Hi, I'm fairly new here, and this is my first post, but I'm willing to try out some texturing, if anyone is willing to shoot their stuff to me.  I have dabbled in the past with 3D models (mostly with KOTOR), but that was a while ago.  Still, I'm willing to give it a try.