Author Topic: FF7Music problem - i can't edit anything  (Read 1818 times)

Cicatriz Esp

FF7Music problem - i can't edit anything
« on: 2005-11-01 22:59:55 »
Okay, first off all, hi!

I wanted to replay my favorite game of all time, FFVII. Since i know the ost very well it was important for me to get proper music for it. After hours of searching i finaly found FF7Music. Looks all great, but without a propper up-to-date guide its rather hard to install for a tech-newbie like me. i found a guide in the forum and got it nearly.

But i ve a problem, and i m scared, that its very noobish.
I set up the in dll and the out dll. After that i go to "files" and set up a profil name. But what then? i cant edit anything in this field beneath the profil? What am i doing wrong?

I'm using FF7music 151. Could it be that i need some additional files? (i read that i dont need ficelib...)

I hope i m not asking something that hundrets have asked befor. Thx4aud.

:)

edit: i took an old music.ini and edited it for my purpose (the right path names etc.) still, i dont hear any music in the game (disabled midi). strange, any idea?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-02 05:20:28 »

Well, uh, are you playing ff7 through ff7music?  Cuz, it has to be ON in order to play the mp3s =P

Cicatriz Esp

« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-02 09:41:25 »
Sure i am, mate.

I click on ff7music, do the config and hit the "run ff7" button IN ff7music. Still, i don't hear anything. I guess i missed some basic stuff, but I m too dumb to find it ;)

Cicatriz Esp

« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-02 16:22:23 »
I m playing around, running ffvii and i get a crash and this error-msg:
Error setting DirectSound cooperative level, please shutdown other programms using your soundcard
Errorcode: 80070057

1) ist that an error by the output dll? out_ds.dll ?
2) what other programs are using it? i tried to deactivate everything like winamp etc, but still it doesn't work  :-?