Author Topic: FF7 and Strange Colors  (Read 2350 times)

bernardofd

FF7 and Strange Colors
« on: 2005-11-02 04:49:56 »
Hi!

I've installed the PC version of FF7 and, after reading a lot of these posts and a lot of "Googling" in the net, and after installing some patches, it worked fine.

One day, a friend of mine said something about a XP Patch v1.4, that worked for him. I tried to get that for 2 reasons, althought the game was working:

1) Although I use and prefer Win 2000 Pro, I have to use the MS Windows Application Comaptibility Toolkit over FF7 to run it without problems. And he said that that patch works for the Win2K too...

2) When I go to the world map mode (outside the cities) it takes a lot of time to load all the scene, and to go to battle mode and return to the world mode again... (My HD works a lot at these times...)

So, I've downloaded and installed the Patch. FF7'd runned without need of the MS App Comp. Toolkit AND the world map has came out really fast, BUT (it always haves a BUT... :() the colors of the cursor, texts, gauges and menus were strange, a little gray (I can post later a screenshot, if you want). I've uninstalled the patch and everything became back to normal (the need of the MS App Adm Tool and the long long world map loading too...).

What I want to know is: There's any way that I can fix that issues?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - My system features:

PIII 750 MHz
256MB RAM
VGA Riva TNT2 32MB
MS Windows 2000 Professional

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
FF7 and Strange Colors
« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-02 05:18:55 »
The animevamp patch is crap.  All it is is:

the official 1.02

Jedwins chocobo patch

and a hack to fuck up one of your windows files to make music playback worse.

I'd say uninstall the game, and go with whatever you had working before.

bernardofd

FF7 and Strange Colors
« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-02 05:32:00 »
I'd say uninstall the game, and go with whatever you had working before.

I've uninstalled the patch... But I miss the quick loading in the world view mode...  :weep:

Zack

• View Profile
FF7 and Strange Colors
« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-02 11:23:22 »
To fix the world map problem under windows xp you can:

Set the ff7.exe to windows 98 compaibility mode by right clicking on the executable and then clicking on the compatibility tab.

However I'm not sure what you can do in windows 2000.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FF7 and Strange Colors
« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-02 14:07:46 »
bernardofd: Scale down your avatar - maximum size allowed is 100x100 pixels and 10 KB.

- Alhexx

bernardofd

FF7 and Strange Colors
« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-02 15:19:42 »
Ow! Sorry Alhexx! I'll do it right away. (That's because in other forum machines that I use, they scale the pic automatically.).

I'll resize it...

----

BTW, any solution for the world map loads faster?

Thanks in advance.

bernardofd

Just a update of the situation...
« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-03 16:35:45 »
I've decided to reinstall that AnimeVamp XP patch, to try to see what it does... Result?

1) The world's loading is REALLY fast

2) BUT, it always throws an error and exits (That Illegal operation... I wonder if they could be arrested... :lol: )

3) and, the strange color? It's all fault of that 8-bit pallette... I don't know why, but the test always fails, what don't happen with the 1.02 patch.

Well, I've gived up for good to try this XP patch of hell... But wait 2 minutes for each time that I enter in the world map, it's a total waste of time (and booooooring too... To not say other uglier words... ;) ) So, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance