Author Topic: [Need help] To continue Cloud telling Sephiroth story @ Kalm  (Read 5062 times)

Starlith

• View Profile
Whenever I get into Kalm and start telling the story the first monster battles me and Sephiroth. My problem is with this battle not letting me progress because Sephiroth always misses his attacks on the Dragon which leaves him to repeatedly cast Life2 on me as I die continuously. The Dragon always does no damage to him so theres no way I can get out of this battle. Can anyone help me?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
[Need help] To continue Cloud telling Sephiroth story @ Kalm
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-08 09:42:24 »
Check this.

dziugo

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-08 11:14:27 »
Just restart froma previous save...

You DID save outside of kalm, right?

SupaShaD

« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-10 02:44:41 »
I ran into this problem too, unfortunately the only way around it is to cheat.  Use a save game editor to give Cloud 5 or 6 "Ice Crystals" [they do Ice3 damage on a target].  Once you're in the flash back every opportunity you get use one of the ice crystals on the dragon (it should only take like 5..  if it takes more feel free to add more and start again).

Once you get past that area you can sell or remove the items from your item list and be happy that you haven't cheated [well, not really anyways] in your game and proceed onward :)

Lazybones

• View Profile
Heh, before reading this thread, I ended up doing the same thing...  I used Jenova to put some Star Crystals (is that what they're called?  Comet2 on all opponents) into my inventory, then used them with Cloud.
Looking at young Cloud and Sephiroth's inventory, both of them had "t Vest" (as in, Protect Vest) listed as their weapons.
Btw, the link that was posted as a solution brings a 404 Not Found message.

Vehek

• View Profile
You revived an old thread, and the reason that link doesn't work is because of the forum change.

zero88

• View Profile
lmao oh boy...

There should be some kind of block that disables people from posting in topics that are like, six or more months old. Or if it was an absolute exception, you should be able to PM a moderator/administrator and be able to post in it, or something...

Lazybones

• View Profile
 :|  I don't see what the big deal is...  Didn't realise it was enough of an issue to warrant 2 responses. 

rmco2003

Well I got round the problem by changing Sephiroth and Cloud's weapons to one of the ones available in the list, this let them attack, and their actual weapon graphics didn't change.

Lazybones

• View Profile
Yeah, I figured I could have done that too, though I didn't check the equipment and see the "t Vest" until after I'd gone in and added the Star crystals (again, whatever they're called) to my inventory.

rmco2003

It's definately a weird problem, I guess it occurs when you edit your save file before that point?