Author Topic: How to launch modded FF7 from steam and not 7th Heaven  (Read 9103 times)

Barkley

• View Profile
I have the game modded which I launch through 7th heaven but I was wondering if it was possible for me to launch it through steam and have the hours played/achievements scored. Is there a specific path I enter in steam to have it launch the modded version?

Also where would I go to increase the resolution to full screen/windowed? Should I just install the windowed mod on 7th heaven?

Thanks.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: How to launch modded FF7 from steam and not 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-15 12:57:04 »
Achievements - No, those are Steam exclusive
Saves - You can pull Steam saves into FF7's ..\save folder and they'll Just Work(tm).  There's a process for doing it in reverse, but I've never bothered to learn since I own the original CD package
Graphics config - Do this in 7h's driver configuration drop-downs.  I believe the "windowed" mod you're referring to is actually the borderless mod, which isn't what you're looking for.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: How to launch modded FF7 from steam and not 7th Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-15 12:58:30 »
No, a modded FF7 is not run via Steam so there are no Steam features like achievements. You're welcome to manually run your ff7_en.exe from outside of 7th Heaven if you need/want that sort of thing but it will be vanilla. If you get your achievement, and save, you can bring the save over to the modded version and run via 7H again.

You can change your graphics settings under Settings>Game Driver.

Edit: Lord beat me to it.