Author Topic: [WIP/REL] Millenia's custom models - CLOUD SWORDS RELEASED 30/4  (Read 375867 times)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Cloud:

All weapons - click on the pic to enlarge!

MANUAL INSTALL
INSTALLER MADE BY SL1982

Barret:

The man himself (click for bigger pic) - awaiting conversion

Gatling gun - awaiting conversion

Assault gun - awaiting conversion

Vincent:

Quicksilver - awaiting conversion

Shotgun - awaiting conversion

Other stuff:

Sweeper

« Last Edit: 2010-05-01 09:41:36 by Millenia »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-21 17:29:52 »
 :-o

wow, you're a pretty damn good texturer to say the least! And wow, i'm Really liking that model :O impressive stuff :D

It's very easy to convert weapons to battle format, and if you want to do it for field too, its a little harder, but still pretty easy. for most serious FF7 model conversion, you're gonna need to get Pcreator, which is available from the qhimm wiki. once you have that, make sure the texture is at a resolution the game can take, else it will glitch up ingame. Convert the model to 3DS, and make sure there's only one piece of mesh data in each one, or else only one of them will load. and open it with pcreator. select the group you just added from the group selector up the top. now sometimes the .3ds already comes with a UV, so you wont need to import one. but if for some reason it doesn't come with a UV map, you gotta import one with the "import UV" button, which you can export with 3dsmax, and i'm guessing blender too. once that's done, choose the open bitmap option and find your texture. for battle models, go to options and tick battle model. then hit the "texture file(s)" button. you're almost ready to export now. if the textures look flipped, go into UV Coords and flip 'em back. then hit save as when you're done. The buster sword's battle model is named "rtck" with no filetype, and if you hit "texture file(s)", the Textures should convert to FF7 format along with the model. then all you gotta do is repack the battle archive with the new files, and you're away. when you download apz' buster sword (not sure about his custom cloud model), you get a pretty good tutorial on how to do this, so it shouldn't be a problem. hope that helps :D
any more questions, just PM me or another member of this forum who knows how  :lol:

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-21 17:43:53 »
Thanks for the advice! I'll try this out soon and hopefully post some ingame shots not long after  :-D

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-21 17:53:29 »
I would contact Vaishino, He is remaking all the characters in the game, I'm sure if you remade just the weapons or 3d field objects he'd be happy since he's got a lot ot do on his plate.

koral

Millenia's custom models
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-21 18:52:54 »
Wow, you are an amazing texture artist!
The buster-sword wouldnt have Cloud's name etched on it, but it's your own Buster Sword so, meh  :lol:

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-21 19:49:40 »
Ugh, I'm not getting anything ingame with my custom model :/

How do I get things like the scale and positioning right? What do I do with the .tex file? How do I know I'm even doing this whole process right, lol.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 19:54:32 by Millenia »

apz freak

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-21 20:19:38 »
Wow, another person with more experience than me! :-D How about that?

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-21 20:24:37 »
its easy to put a weapon into the game, since it is just a part file

are you using 3d max or blender, if blender i can help you here

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-21 20:47:40 »
Ugh, I'm not getting anything ingame with my custom model :/

How do I get things like the scale and positioning right? What do I do with the .tex file? How do I know I'm even doing this whole process right, lol.
oh, oh, oh, i forgot. get the program kimera, by borde. (also on the wiki) that way you can get scale an positioning perfect. just import the model over the old one, and when you line it up right, delete the old one. it should make sense once you mess with the program for a few minutes. oh, and the .tex just goes into the lgp without it's filetype and with a name similar to the other texures of that character. (maybe call it RTAE or something). from what i can remember it should work fine then.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-21 22:28:09 by NeoCloudstrife »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #9 on: 2009-06-21 22:04:51 »
damn thats a really NICE model u got there! welcome to the forums!  :wink:

Viashino

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #10 on: 2009-06-22 02:15:00 »
Very nice texture work and weapon graphic, i noticed you cant model characters but hey im already doing that ahaha but the weapon is very nicely done.  Nice work would love to see a redone ultima weapon or masamune.

moses7

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #11 on: 2009-06-22 14:04:37 »
It's very good, very very good. Except that it doesn't look like the buster sword in Advent Children and Crisis Core.

But on the artistic side, it's very good. It would be great if you model the other weapons.

I bet you'll be able to create a very beautiful Hard Edge.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 14:10:00 by moses7 »

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #12 on: 2009-06-22 14:41:12 »
Yeah, I didn't even try to recreate the AC/CC ones, we've seen enough of those already :P
I figured I'd rather try the plain old one, I happen to like it more as well.

Not sure what I'll do next, probably the Hardedge or Mythril Saber (or w/e the second weapon for Cloud was)

knight1120

Millenia's custom models
« Reply #13 on: 2009-06-22 15:19:08 »
:-o

wow, you're a pretty damn good texturer to say the least! And wow, i'm Really liking that model :O impressive stuff :D

It's very easy to convert weapons to battle format, and if you want to do it for field too, its a little harder, but still pretty easy. for most serious FF7 model conversion, you're gonna need to get Pcreator, which is available from the qhimm wiki. once you have that, make sure the texture is at a resolution the game can take, else it will glitch up ingame. Convert the model to 3DS, and make sure there's only one piece of mesh data in each one, or else only one of them will load. and open it with pcreator. select the group you just added from the group selector up the top. now sometimes the .3ds already comes with a UV, so you wont need to import one. but if for some reason it doesn't come with a UV map, you gotta import one with the "import UV" button, which you can export with 3dsmax, and i'm guessing blender too. once that's done, choose the open bitmap option and find your texture. for battle models, go to options and tick battle model. then hit the "texture file(s)" button. you're almost ready to export now. if the textures look flipped, go into UV Coords and flip 'em back. then hit save as when you're done. The buster sword's battle model is named "rtck" with no filetype, and if you hit "texture file(s)", the Textures should convert to FF7 format along with the model. then all you gotta do is repack the battle archive with the new files, and you're away. when you download apz' buster sword (not sure about his custom cloud model), you get a pretty good tutorial on how to do this, so it shouldn't be a problem. hope that helps :D
any more questions, just PM me or another member of this forum who knows how  :lol:

hey neo you forgot  :-) to convert into .3ds format use biturn  :wink:

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #14 on: 2009-06-22 15:36:02 »
Okay, whatever I do I can't seem to get my conversion to work D:

Can somebody walk me through the process over MSN/Xfire/Skype/Steam chat, or alternatively volunteer to convert models for me so I can focus on the artsy stuff? Any help is welcome  :-D

PS. I saw somebody post all the FF7 weapon concept images a while ago (perhaps from the bonus CD?), if somebody has them, they'd help a LOT.

squallff8

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #15 on: 2009-06-22 15:49:59 »
Here you go man 8-):
Cloud:

Tifa:

Aerith:

Barret:

Vincent:

Yuffi:

Cid

Have fun :-D

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #16 on: 2009-06-22 16:08:18 »
Okay, whatever I do I can't seem to get my conversion to work D:

Can somebody walk me through the process over MSN/Xfire/Skype/Steam chat, or alternatively volunteer to convert models for me so I can focus on the artsy stuff? Any help is welcome  :-D

PS. I saw somebody post all the FF7 weapon concept images a while ago (perhaps from the bonus CD?), if somebody has them, they'd help a LOT.

add my MSN, it should be on my profile. i'll be happy to explain anything you don't understand.

hey neo you forgot  :-) to convert into .3ds format use biturn  :wink:

Convert the model to 3DS

:P as you can see, i didn't forget it.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 16:09:54 by NeoCloudstrife »

obesebear

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #17 on: 2009-06-22 16:18:58 »
Cait Sith

RedXIII (includes masamune at end)

« Last Edit: 2009-06-22 16:21:13 by obesebear »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #18 on: 2009-06-22 21:14:25 »
Wow. All the weapons are so pretty!

knight1120

Millenia's custom models
« Reply #19 on: 2009-06-23 05:57:48 »
hey neo you forgot  :-) to convert into .3ds format use biturn  :wink:

Convert the model to 3DS

:P as you can see, i didn't forget it.
[/quote]

as i see you didnt forget it, but to convert it into the .3ds format you forgot to say use BITURN  :-D, its a little tool but it is one of the important tools to import model. anyway hey millenia here's the complete tools you nid  :wink:>>>>> http://www.ff7modhd.yolasite.com/resources/FF7Tools-COMPLETE.7z
« Last Edit: 2009-06-23 06:11:17 by kula_wende »

Viashino

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #20 on: 2009-06-24 12:26:07 »
well if mill wants to join with me in  my project would be interestng to see if his weapons will add that extra shine to my models.  Nice work once again.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #21 on: 2009-06-25 17:44:58 »

Barret model by Timu Sumisu, heavy work in progress.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #22 on: 2009-06-25 17:50:08 »

Holy shit. :-o :-o :-o

squallff8

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #23 on: 2009-06-25 18:42:32 »

It's REALLY COOL work! But i think you have to change his face a little!
I think his eyes need to be smaller and not so far from nose;
more beard;
lips not soo fat.
He looks like Samuel l Jackson i think :wink:
Try use this art as result

Thats my opinion.Sorry if it's too many critics.I just really Like Nomura Style,and want to see models as closer to his original design!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Millenia's custom models
« Reply #24 on: 2009-06-25 19:24:50 »
Might wanna tell Timu Sumisu cause it's his model haha.

Just wondering how progress is going on your weapons, As well as who's weapons you're doing first.