Author Topic: A Perfect AC Cloud Model  (Read 66514 times)

. : A eo n : .

• "One day I woke up to find... I was still sleepin"
    • View Profile
A Perfect AC Cloud Model
« on: 2011-10-09 01:04:30 »
Heya!
I've been recently modding up my US original FFVII for pc game :)
The best Advent Children Model for Cloud I found so far is Kula Wende's model (includes Cloud's harness)
But the harness itself hasn't got his Tsurgi model sword in it (field character)!
I simply ask if anyone can combine the Tsurgi or base sword model to be strapped into Cloud's harness?
Unfortunately I have no idea which specific part of the sword is in Highwind-extracted .lgp file name, otherwise I'd do it myself xD

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: A Perfect AC Cloud Model
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-09 01:05:31 »
AC Cloud is illegal. Period.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-09 01:13:24 »
Umm, here is the youtube video I got my inspiration from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKigQspgvxQ
at 6:00 you see cloud has the base sword on his lower back but there is no AC harness there! Also the AC Cloud model used there isn't as good as Kula Wende's model. http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/knight1120/highfield.jpg
and
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/knight1120/cloudscreen3.jpg
In addition the video here interests me; the standard soldiers are updated from the Crisis Core game, does that mod belong to anyone on here?
If anyone recognizes this or the music mod being played, please show me a link to the developer! :3

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-09 01:14:39 »
This is illegal. Final Period.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-09 03:10:39 »
Vgr, please try and give useful information beyond "it's illegal".

We do not support models ripped from other games, as they are copyrighted content by Square-Enix. The only models we support are ones that are already in FF7, and ones that are entirely fan-made with NO portion of them, no matter how small, ripped from any game. This includes content from Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core, or any other game you can think of other than FF7 itself.

Sadly, Kula Wende's AC models do contain copyrighted content, and thus are not used or supported here, in whole or in part.

jinkazama2k7

• Philippine Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-10-09 04:31:18 »
I have that kind of cloud model :-)
« Last Edit: 2011-10-09 15:27:24 by jinkazama2k7 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-10-09 12:49:05 »
I have that kind of cloud model, since its illegal you can't have it :-P

That kind of comment is exactly what is not needed here. If you wish to taunt people do it somewhere else.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-10-09 14:50:08 »
Vgr, please try and give useful information beyond "it's illegal".

We do not support models ripped from other games, as they are copyrighted content by Square-Enix. The only models we support are ones that are already in FF7, and ones that are entirely fan-made with NO portion of them, no matter how small, ripped from any game. This includes content from Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core, or any other game you can think of other than FF7 itself.

Sadly, Kula Wende's AC models do contain copyrighted content, and thus are not used or supported here, in whole or in part.

Thanks Covarr for properly explaining :3
May I ask why a forum run on the whole for FFVII fan-made modifications cannot tolerate the use of themes & content that encompass the compilation of the game? Surely these mods can only belong here & nowhere else; when you consider they had all been developed by SquareSoft themselves (including AC/CC). To allow modification to the original game, including enhanced visual & even added content, is already breaking the copyright set by the company. Not including the rest of the game compilation, specifically preludes & continuations of the project that are genuinely linked to the original game, is a contradiction of the reason why fans create these mods to enhance the game for those who have gotten bored with relaying the base game.
What would be "illegal" is modders putting FF content into totally inappropriate games like Jedi Knight II, GTA and Oblivion (which we all know has been done...). With respect, if there is anywhere that these FF associated mods belong it should be here!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-10-09 14:52:16 »
It's because Square did not give their approval for the ripped models to be put in game.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-10-09 15:06:31 »
Heya!
I've been recently modding up my US original FFVII for pc game :?:
The best Advent Children Model for Cloud I found so far is Kula Wende's model (includes Cloud's harness)
But the harness itself hasn't got his Tsurgi model sword in it (field character)!
I simply ask if anyone can combine the Tsurgi or base sword model to be strapped into Cloud's harness?
Unfortunately I have no idea which specific part of the sword is in Highwind-extracted .lgp file name, otherwise I'd do it myself xD
First off, don't use Highwind, use Aali's LGP/UnLGP
Secondly, who told you to use Highwind?
Third, Cloud's model starts at RTAA and his sword models start at RTCK

jinkazama2k7

• Philippine Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-10-09 15:32:20 »
May I ask why do ripping is illegal although those model are from square enix? Its quite logical to think. Ripping from other games... Final Fantasy Crisis Core, Dissidia are related why do some people consider it Illegal to ripped?.. Those are both Final Fantasy Game Series.
« Last Edit: 2011-10-09 15:35:06 by jinkazama2k7 »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2011-10-09 15:40:44 »
May I ask why do ripping is illegal although those model are from square enix? Its quite logical to think. Ripping from other games... Final Fantasy Crisis Core, Dissidia are related why do some people consider it Illegal to ripped?.. Those are both Final Fantasy Game Series.

as said, square has not allowed it, and the forums don't need them coming crashing down around them like sector 7.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-10-09 15:41:40 »
Because releasing models from other games for use in Final Fantasy 7 is distributing copyrighted property.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-10-09 15:45:40 »
It supplying content from a retail game someone may not own, when you buy a game, you don't technically own the game so the content is not yours to give out.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-10-09 15:46:36 »
Haha, love the FF reference there :DD
So does this mean that Square allows fans to edit their FFVII game solely & they specifically said so? Meaning Square does not want fans to bring anything else from the compilation into the main game, even though the compilation is effectively the game? That sounds weird lol

jinkazama2k7

• Philippine Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-10-09 15:52:44 »
Haha, love the FF reference there :DD
So does this mean that Square allows fans to edit their FFVII game solely & they specifically said so? Meaning Square does not want fans to bring anything else from the compilation into the main game, even though the compilation is effectively the game? That sounds weird lol

This is a logical issue on modding.. I guess you must change the Thread's title to "Logical Issue on Modding FF7PC" :-)

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-10-09 15:53:33 »
There are tons of released "illegal" mods out there. Google is your friend. I will not give link to anyone. But just so you guys know, they've been out there for months/years yet square enix has done nothing. I don't think they care that much. Just my opinion. Like apz cloud, it was released for such a long time, then someone figured out the textures or whatever was copied from Dissidia or KH. So you guys removed it. Don't you think square enix would have done something if they cared in all that time?

They are to busy making games / earning cash to worry about such little things :D

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-10-09 16:06:13 »
A Counter Strike customisation site got a letter a few years ago for having a few custom Skins with a beer manufacturers logo on it, politely asking for the skin to be removed.

Now, it's better to be safe than sorry, so why risk it and end up with a Cease and Desist letter or even a straight up lawsuit, for all we know Squeenix already knows about this place.

Roody

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-10-09 16:11:18 »
So just to be clear you can add anything aslong as you made it?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-10-09 16:11:50 »
Yes.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-10-09 16:29:26 »
First off, don't use Highwind, use Aali's LGP/UnLGP
Secondly, who told you to use Highwind?
Third, Cloud's model starts at RTAA and his sword models start at RTCK

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/
This is the modding site I stumbled upon initially to seek out great FFVII mods & everything they done is credited to this site :3
Thanks, I'll use your recommendation!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-10-09 16:30:22 »
This site is way outdated and must not be refered.

Roody

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011-10-09 16:52:39 »
Yes.

Even if its based on someones models but you made it from scratch?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-10-09 16:53:14 »
If it made from scratch, then yes.

jinkazama2k7

• Philippine Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011-10-09 17:43:03 »
@Roody you can create a project as long as you made it personally or you can create model based on a picture or In general made from a scratch just like my vincent project :http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12441.0 its a quickest way to create a model :-)
« Last Edit: 2011-10-09 17:44:59 by jinkazama2k7 »