Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001463 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.9.83)
« Reply #1175 on: 2015-12-12 20:01:00 »
There is a huge bug. The Limit Gauge no longer moves after editing a save in latest version!
I just used black chocobo to drop my level to around 15 then ran around just outside midgar for a while got in to one fight and was able to full most of my characters limit gauges by just waiting for the enemy to attack.

Do you have any mods installed or something that could cause your limit issues?

Sackables

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 2015-12-12 20:32:47 »
It has been a long time since i have played with the world map section so its possible there are things that need to be fixed . I did a quick test and moving around the world map seams to be working correctly. I had a save ran to the world map , saved, then moved the location to near kalm on the world map in black chocobo , and loaded my save.The world map can be kinda funny about showing some models but i dont recall any problems with placements.

I started a fresh game, got outside of Midgar and saved part way to Kalm so I was on the world map.

I load up BlackChocobo and under the location tab everything was still 0,0,0 like the program doesn't know I'm even on the world map. I right click by the Chocobo Farm and select "Place Leader" save and then exit. I load up the save in-game and I'm in the middle of the ocean stuck.

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: 2015-12-13 05:58:05 »
I just used black chocobo to drop my level to around 15 then ran around just outside midgar for a while got in to one fight and was able to full most of my characters limit gauges by just waiting for the enemy to attack.

Do you have any mods installed or something that could cause your limit issues?

No mods. Vanilla FFVII. I did use the Character Booster first.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1178 on: 2015-12-13 17:59:28 »
I did use the Character Booster first.
you are more then likley way to powerful for the mobs you are fighting . try using black chocobo to lower the level of your characters and see if you have an easier time getting limit breaks.

@sackables: there is no reason that should happen can you send me both your pre and post edit saves?

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 2015-12-13 19:20:19 »
you are more then likley way to powerful for the mobs you are fighting . try using black chocobo to lower the level of your characters and see if you have an easier time getting limit breaks.

@sackables: there is no reason that should happen can you send me both your pre and post edit saves?

Character Booster only boosts HP MP and Gil. It doesn't modify level.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1180 on: 2015-12-14 13:13:52 »
There is no way to break the limit gauge from the save game. If you look here at the limit gauge section you can see how the math works for rasing your limit gauge.

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 2015-12-14 18:00:13 »
So if it's not Black Chocobo then what is it? Because I got all Limits and unlocked the Lv. 4 limits. When set to Lv. 4 the gauge does not move at all. Even when I set it to Lv. 1 it won't move. I even started a new game plus save and nada. Bupkus. Cloud Save is enabled due to using Character Booster. So what is wrong? Seeing as this has removed my ability to use Limits. If you like I can email my save file.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1182 on: 2015-12-14 19:28:29 »
With over 32k downloads for the version your using and not a single person has ever said anything about limits being broken before so i suspect its something like what i said above, first lower your max HP to be more inline with where you should be.. then lower your limit level to 1 and see if you can get a limit break.If you want you can send me your save and i can do the same to varifiy its working or not.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-14 19:31:14 by sithlord48 »

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: 2015-12-14 21:03:54 »
I would like that. I am experimenting with it and would like to send over my save.

I tried starting a new game and it works fine unmodified. But the second I modify the save in any way with Black Chocobo the limit gauge "freezes". WhetherI set it to Limit 4, Limit 1, whatever.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-14 21:05:59 by KusanagiShiro »

Sackables

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: 2015-12-16 13:36:10 »
I was using the portable version, but after installing the version using the actual installer it seems to work..

One quick question. On your User Guide, your inventory manager has a "Key Items" list but the current release 1.9.83.1211 doesn't show that list.

Is that a old version or do I have a old version?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1185 on: 2015-12-16 16:38:33 »
One quick question. On your User Guide, your inventory manager has a "Key Items" list but the current release 1.9.83.1211 doesn't show that list.

Is that a old version or do I have a old version?

the key item list is from an older version the In the newer versions keyitems will show in the location Tab under the field  as FieldItems you can filter locations with keyitems by filtering by "KeyItem" . you can also click the button on the item tab to have that done for you automaticly . The user guide needs to be updated for that and a few other things.

xNinja83x

• View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2015-12-17 23:54:57 »
After using Black Chocobo I can't equip ANY magic or summon materia except the master versions without my MP dropping to 10/10. My game is completely broken now.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1187 on: 2015-12-18 06:04:31 »
After using Black Chocobo I can't equip ANY magic or summon materia except the master versions without my MP dropping to 10/10. My game is completely broken now.

your base MP is way to high and when you add the materias MP bonus you have caused the game to overflow back to a low number. If you lower your base MP you should no longer have that problem

edit: im guessing you have used the max char button . i should maybe lower the base hp/mp given. 10k is more then you will see without mods to uncap hp/mp so that should be good
« Last Edit: 2015-12-18 06:07:06 by sithlord48 »

xNinja83x

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 2015-12-18 18:32:19 »
your base MP is way to high and when you add the materias MP bonus you have caused the game to overflow back to a low number. If you lower your base MP you should no longer have that problem

edit: im guessing you have used the max char button . i should maybe lower the base hp/mp given. 10k is more then you will see without mods to uncap hp/mp so that should be good
Thank you I will try it tonight. And I'm sorry, I just reread my post and it was meant to be a cry for help but it comes off as 100% complaining.

xNinja83x

• View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2015-12-18 18:46:33 »
It worked, Thank you again!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1190 on: 2015-12-18 20:46:08 »
Thank you I will try it tonight. And I'm sorry, I just reread my post and it was meant to be a cry for help but it comes off as 100% complaining.
its ok i figured you were just needing help anyway
It worked, Thank you again!
your welcome. So to be clear did you use the max this char button? Im gonna lower the values that sets to base HP/MP

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2015-12-20 00:18:56 »
OK why does my Black Chocobo char select display Sephiroth and Young Cloud? Shouldn't Vincent and Cait Sith be in there?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 2015-12-20 00:29:30 »
Before you recruit Cait Sith and Vincent, Young Cloud and Sephiroth respectively occupy those slots. It's due to how the game is done; you can't edit those two characters before you recruit them.

KusanagiShiro

• View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2015-12-20 00:30:39 »
ah that's good. Incidentally, Cait Sith shows up as a race in Sword Art Online. I was half expecting them all to be riding Moogles lol

toffty

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2015-12-26 23:22:43 »
Original PC version of the game loading the save in 'save01.ff7' slot 1 (the save file doesn't seem to matter as this same thing is happening in 'save00.ff7 slot 1). Using BlackChocobo 1.9.83 on Windows.

• I loaded a saved game into BlackChocobo after catching my first 2 chocobos which are named "Good M" and "GreatF".
  • In BlackChocobo the displayed names are "MGreat" (for 'Good M') and "tF" (for 'GreatF).
  • I corrected the names in BlackChocobo back to "Good M" and "GreatF".
  • I loaded the game in FF7 and the chocobos names are now "GoodGo" (for 'Good M') and "odM" (for "GreatF").

Reloading the save that was created in BlackChocobo has the chocobo names correct (making me think it's the parsing/writing side of things).

I wanted to do a little more playing around so I saved (from FF7) the loaded modified version (with the 'GoodGo' and 'odM' named chocobos) and loaded that into BlackChocobo. The names were correct as 'Good M' and 'GreatF' (in BlackChocobo but still 'GoodGo' and 'odM' in FF7). The chocobos' stats also seem to not have been changed (which is what was expected as I did not modify those).

Vegeta_Ss4

• Dark Wizard of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Black Chocobo
« Reply #1195 on: 2015-12-29 02:19:40 »
Original PC version of the game loading the save in 'save01.ff7' slot 1 (the save file doesn't seem to matter as this same thing is happening in 'save00.ff7 slot 1). Using BlackChocobo 1.9.83 on Windows.

• I loaded a saved game into BlackChocobo after catching my first 2 chocobos which are named "Good M" and "GreatF".
  • In BlackChocobo the displayed names are "MGreat" (for 'Good M') and "tF" (for 'GreatF).
  • I corrected the names in BlackChocobo back to "Good M" and "GreatF".
  • I loaded the game in FF7 and the chocobos names are now "GoodGo" (for 'Good M') and "odM" (for "GreatF").

Reloading the save that was created in BlackChocobo has the chocobo names correct (making me think it's the parsing/writing side of things).

I wanted to do a little more playing around so I saved (from FF7) the loaded modified version (with the 'GoodGo' and 'odM' named chocobos) and loaded that into BlackChocobo. The names were correct as 'Good M' and 'GreatF' (in BlackChocobo but still 'GoodGo' and 'odM' in FF7). The chocobos' stats also seem to not have been changed (which is what was expected as I did not modify those).

The portable version was bugged. Is fixed now. Please redownload from sf and post a feedback.

toffty

• View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2015-12-29 17:30:23 »
The portable version was bugged. Is fixed now. Please redownload from sf and post a feedback.

Yep that fixed it. Thank you!

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #1197 on: 2015-12-30 14:13:33 »
Nice to see you fixing stuff my young apprentice. :D . My non linux building is kinda broked untill i "fix" my desktop . well its less fix and more waiting for parts to show up. once my machine is set back up i should be able to build for linux,windows,android and mac os from that machine Vegetta is still the windows maintainer and as such he is the one who (usually) builds windows version. We have been doing some fixes and release prep hopefully we are done with out checks soon and can release the next version (1.10.0 or 1.9.84 idk yet)

Now is the time to get any feature requests in to us.

klavicegavin

• View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2015-12-31 07:57:09 »
I'm not sure if you've addressed this, but I searched around and got nothing. Basically, I transferred a save from my Vita to my PS3, then back to my Vita after I edited it with this program, but when I tried to copy it back to the pS3, it said it was corrupted. Did I do something wrong? I heard checksums might be an issue with some games, but I never had this issue with say, Final Fantasy 8 or 13.

Is there something I'm missing or does this not work with PSV files?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo