Author Topic: Collaboration request for one person capable of working with the SCENE.BIN  (Read 2556 times)

Salk

• View Profile
Hello!

Some time ago, I prepared a series of changes to the single scenes of FF7 (SCENE REDUX) that affected items carried by monsters and introduced the chance to practically morph any monster into some item.

The goal was to rebalance the representation of items in the game, add more realism by setting a fixed chance (1%) of winning an item and by always being able to steal an item that is winnable plus more.

Unfortunately some bug present in the scene editor used makes it so that, upon recompressing the files into a SCENE.BIN, would lead to corrupting the encounters in the game.

I am asking if any of you is capable of safely decompress and recompress the scenes modified into a valid SCENE.BIN file.

I would either welcome being taught or a more direct collaboration. The modifications' list is already ready and what needs to be done is just to apply those changes to the single scenes and then recompress them into a valid SCENE.BIN file.

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: 2007-10-06 14:08:42 by Salk »

kruci

• View Profile
Scene.bin Lookup Table updater
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7063.0

it dont build new scene.bin, but only update third file in kernel.bin.
If this file is not updated, if is scene.bin changed(changed that monsters are shifted), then you see monster shifted.

Salk

• View Profile
Thank you very much for this, kruci!

As soon as I have time, I will certainly try this out!