Author Topic: Porting FFX to PC  (Read 5399 times)

Eternally

• View Profile
Porting FFX to PC
« on: 2012-11-10 13:48:33 »
Square Enix is now planning on releasing FFX for the PSP vita, its about time they ported this game to pc. If SE want ever do it, I haven`t heard anything about that this has been done before would it be possible for a mod team to do it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Porting FFX to PC
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-10 15:24:42 »
You need the source code for a kick off.  We don't have it, and not sure Square do.  Unless square have it and decide to port it, it isn't going to happen.  I can't ever see it happening.

Best bet is to use ps2 emulator with the game.

Eternally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-10 16:07:21 »
You need the source code for a kick off.  We don't have it, and not sure Square do.  Unless square have it and decide to port it, it isn't going to happen.  I can't ever see it happening.

Best bet is to use ps2 emulator with the game.

I have used the pcsx2 emulator a little in the past, but its like this once you have one game configured good and you want to run another game usally that nees tweaking also. The ps1 emulator usally never has this problem but with allot of games on pcsx2 you need to change more things often.

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-11-10 17:08:18 »
A PS2 is more like an N64 with more RAM and a DVD-ROM drive than a PS1.
The PS1 features are packed into one chip on the PS2.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-11-10 17:58:17 »
You need the source code for a kick off.  We don't have it, and not sure Square do.
They definitely have the source code. You can't port a PS2 game to PS3 without it, as the platforms are vastly different. At the most, they're rewriting the engine, in which case they'd have that source code instead.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-11-10 22:16:18 »
Not really something to see, but, I never tried ff games in PS2, and I want to try it. What PS2 Final Fantasy do you prefer ? FFX, or FFXII ? And what about FFX-II ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-11-11 02:00:01 »
Not really something to see, but, I never tried ff games in PS2, and I want to try it. What PS2 Final Fantasy do you prefer ? FFX, or FFXII ? And what about FFX-II ?
FFX: Best story of the three; still not great, but the best. Good gameplay.
FFX-2: Best gameplay of the three, but easily the worst story not just on the PS2, but of the series as a whole.
FFXII: Story has plotholes, gameplay is okay but nothing special.

If I were only gonna recommend one, it'd be X. I like XII as well, but the combat is comparatively shallow. X-2 is a damn waste of time and brain cells.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2012-11-11 05:43:11 »
I have used the pcsx2 emulator a little in the past, but its like this once you have one game configured good and you want to run another game usally that nees tweaking also. The ps1 emulator usally never has this problem but with allot of games on pcsx2 you need to change more things often.

sounds just like a PC.
>game 1 >tweak your GPU settings
>game 2 >tweak them in another direction

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-11-11 09:11:29 »
And I second Covarr.  FFX for sure.

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-11-11 09:25:50 »
I would like FF IX on PC.It doesn't look that rushed as other titles or they had more developers.
But I can't change FFVII PC to include FF IX features because the code has changed a lot.