Author Topic: The Next Xbox console  (Read 5660 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: The Next Xbox console
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-21 17:21:23 »
I will not click that link... Becau$e thi$ i$ Micro$hit. They of cour$e want to make everything better and better, or $o they $ay...

"Who need$ Window$ and Gate$ when we got no wall?"

Becau$e yeah, they've got no wall$ a$ to what they $hould and can do. Feel free to buy their next $hit, I $ure a$ hell won't.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-21 17:30:27 »
vgr, you hate Microsoft like i hate Apple haha

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-11-21 17:45:55 »
words
Good for you? If you don't want it, don't buy it. No need to go into a difficult-to-read rant filled with a decade$-old cliché.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-11-21 17:50:15 »
My point was more that they want to make profit by making ridiculous stuff like this one. I didn't want to start an argument :P

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-11-21 17:54:11 »
Of course they want to make a profit. That's what businesses do. I'd rather judge the product by the product itself once it comes out than by the motives behind it. It may suck, but I'm not going to assume so this early.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-11-21 18:37:36 »
soo the ps4 and xbox is coming soon.....well from recent rumours apparently it's not going to be called ps4 it might be called Playstation Origin O.o

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-11-21 18:50:36 »
Playstation Origin

Sounds like a marketing trick to me.

I mean, yeah, "it's not just another PlayStation, it's the PlayStation Origins! It'll be better!"

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2012-11-21 19:08:36 »
Ok it was just a Philip de franco link and yes he's taking advantage of adfly. He's a youtuber.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2012-11-21 20:42:09 »
My point was more that they want to make profit by making ridiculous stuff like this one. I didn't want to start an argument :P

Man, that's the dumbest post I have seen all week. Every console EVER MADE, 99% of all game software EVER MADE, and so ON, was only made to make a profit.
you realize you're in a forum that centers around GAMES that were MADE TO MAKE A PROFIT.

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-11-21 22:55:15 »
I have a PS3, Xbox 360, and a Wii and they are all collecting dust.

I am primarily on Steam and have always wanted to be able to play my same Steam games on my TV.

Thanks to Steam Big Picture Mode, WHDI, and USB Sharing, I stream my games from my office to my living room and play using a 360 controller. Or even multiplayer using two controllers with a friend.

And for games like Counter-Strike Global Offensive, I just stay in the office.

No need to have two computers, synched save files, or consoles.

To sum it up: I hope that Steam does away with consoles.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-11-21 23:17:31 »
Consoles serve somewhat of a purpose.
PC Developers create innovative new ideas.
Console developers, through endless iterations, refine those ideas for mass appeal.
The PC crowd uses those refined ideas as the basis for further innovations.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-11-21 23:41:34 »
Consoles serve somewhat of a purpose.
PC Developers create innovative new ideas.
Console developers, through endless iterations, refine those ideas for mass appeal.
The PC crowd uses those refined ideas as the basis for further innovations.
Consoles also keep hardware requirements in check. Were it not for consoles, many AAA games would probably only run on the very latest hardware, but as it is they need to hold themselves back to run on machines that were only even medium-high-end from 2005 and 2006... in other words, it means I can still play new PC games on my GTS 250...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-11-22 08:45:12 »
I don't detest MS because they are big business.  Big business can and does lead to successful products.  My problem with MS is that it's got such a monopoly it isn't being held to account.  Bloat, crap and lazy programming, slow ass operating system or otherwise.  All the extra hardware power seems to go down the big black hole that is Windows.

But back on topic...  I don't own a newer console and will skip next generation too (already that article is going on about power like it is the be all and end all of games).  I am waiting for the bottle neck in time v graphics, and then we will start seeing games like we used to... where effort is made to make it good.  tbh I am more than happy with all the old games, many of which I haven't played or finished for consoles even as old as the NES.  Plus I am happy these days working on FF7 and my own game.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-22 08:49:26 by DLPB »

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-11-23 20:18:55 »
I like the Wii U because it is different from a crippled PC(Xbox 1) and using 2GB RAM(N$ hardware scare on RAM) it would made a nice PowerMac replacement, but it has DRM..
$ony Vita is like Apple's products, looks nice but an overpriced smartphone inside.