Author Topic: Create FF9 Save points in FF7  (Read 7399 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Create FF9 Save points in FF7
« on: 2013-06-18 09:29:23 »
This is nothing big, but I think it would be nice to have the Moogels as save points instead of the original ones (looking like placeholders if you ask me). The basic idea is to have interactive save points as seen in FF9. However I have no time to replace all save points with Moogels and make them interactive.
So I have decided to share the basic script with you, in the hope some could make use of it.

It's a simple loop script, which is running if no other script is active.

This is the talk script.
Feature:
You can use a Tent and sleep.1
You can save.
PHS is not implemented but it's very easy to add it.

1    Line 11 - 15 checks if you have enough tents in your inventar.
      Line 16 - 26 restores HP and plays a dedicated music. You have to add the 'Good Nigth Until
                         Tomorrow...' -music with tools -->Tutorials/Sound. But first you need to dump the
                         music with the tool from a scene which has the music in its music/sound loader.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Create FF9 Save points in FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-18 15:57:29 »
I already did this in N7 ( save, tent, PHS, check hidden items ) except the good night music but didn't replace them with moogles.
if we had a tent model, we could even imittae the blue overlay and showing the tent while the rest

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-18 16:23:32 »
I already did this in N7 ( save, tent, PHS, check hidden items ) except the good night music but didn't replace them with moogles.
if we had a tent model, we could even imittae the blue overlay and showing the tent while the rest

I knew. I had shown you the code once. But your aim was to prevent the player for using a tent on some scenes, if I remember right.
My actually plan was creating a quest similar to the FF9 letter quest. But I have no time for this. :'(
I used the blackscreen as placeholder until I find a suited model for a tent, but it shouldn't be a problem for me to make one.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2013-06-18 17:34:27 »
well, my savepoints have, depending on where they are, some functionality disabled. all-preleaving Midgar savepoints have PHS disabled for obvious reasons, for example
The letter quest wouldn't be too terribly difficult to re-create. ( unless you wanna include the moogle HQ part.. )
maybe something for the planning board

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-06-18 18:03:34 »
well, my savepoints have, depending on where they are, some functionality disabled. all-preleaving Midgar savepoints have PHS disabled for obvious reasons, for example
The letter quest wouldn't be too terribly difficult to re-create. ( unless you wanna include the moogle HQ part.. )
Is PHS disabled on these save points even after you come back to midgar?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #5 on: 2013-06-18 19:03:09 »

you could add a check of game progress (main progression ) and if its under ~500 your still in midgar earily on . use that as a check to see if you have come back . you only need to check on some midgar maps. walmarket and shinra building mostly maybe aeriths house as well .

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-06-18 19:24:04 »

No, no HQ. The plan was a quest which would restore there bobbles. Gathering some items (like Dio's diary), trading with some Moogles, fighting against Quina-the-bobble-eater-Quen. Something like that...

If Makou Reactor finally gets a Mass Export\Import function like the single Export\Import feature, then it would be easy creating some quests. I also need it to patch the English flevel.lgp with the model loader from my German flevel. It would be good to have an up to date basic flevel.lgp, which contains every fix and improvement. I guess it would be better to merge some mods together, rather then having different nice mods, which only works for its own. Your N7 (reminds me on Mass Effect...) mod project is a good example of a nice merge from different mods.
Anyway a new Makou Reactor isn't released yet and the Reunion isn't ready too. But if I got, what I needed, I will open a new topic in the hope to bring some ideas together. 

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-06-18 21:46:16 »
If you leave the Red Wizards of Thay, then you could make a FF9 in FF7PC mod.Just find a serf that rewrites every rooms field script.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-06-18 22:53:35 »
If you leave the Red Wizards of Thay, then you could make a FF9 in FF7PC mod.Just find a serf that rewrites every rooms field script.
I guess the 'No ripped content' rule makes immediately an end to this project. :-P
Except you want to repaint/rebuild every field. :?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 2013-06-19 06:11:02 »

I haven't gotten to the point where that would be relevant, so right now, yes, disabled.
It's just a matter of adding a gamemoment check though.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 2013-06-19 06:12:47 »

pretty sure FF9 has more fields total than FF7, making FF9-in-FF7 impossible without cutting or merging fields.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 2013-06-19 19:14:53 »
and the fieldscript engine got rewritten in 8 (I think merged from Xenogears, and FF7 used a psudo FF6 event system)