Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Limit Breaks Mod  (Read 6237 times)

fithos

• View Profile
Final Fantasy VII Limit Breaks Mod
« on: 2019-04-18 05:28:09 »
Is it possible to mod the limit breaks so do not have to set them in order for them to be used in battle? Where all of the limit breaks that you've unlock will be available during battle. It is kinda annoying that when you are on the end game you only have one limit for level 4 and in order for you to use the other limits that you've unlock you need to set them manually in the menu.

arandomscrub

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Limit Breaks Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-27 03:58:24 »
Well yea you can with wall market under Character growth look at the limits and add a second limit to limit 4
and change the kill count to the number of times u want to use limit 4 to unlock limit 4-1
Look at the other legit  limit levels to understand how it works
(If it dosent work im sorry i havent actually tried this before but if you do it on other limits it works)
MAKE sure you use CDMAGE to extract the kernel in the disc its located in the folde init IIRC

Programs
CDMAGE
Wall Market

Hope this works im not on this site often so if you ask me for something i prob wont reply sorry

(There is a 3rd limit slot but i never used it you can try it if you want)

LMFAO im a PSX modder so hold on

IF you are on PC dont use CDMAGE at all you wont need it my bad i assumed you are psx but im dumb for that.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-27 04:02:29 by arandomscrub »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-27 16:05:53 »
None of what you said answers OP’s question. S\He wants to expand the in-battle limit menu to contain all unlocked limits for every level. WM cannot do that. Also, level 4 limits don’t work like the others. There can only be one and it has to be enabled via the appropriate manual.

To address what you want, OP, some changes would need to be made to the battle module to expand the limit menu and account for multiple levels worth of limits. But then Tifa would need to be excluded from this since her limit works differently. It’s possible, but probably more involved than you’d expect.

arandomscrub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-27 17:15:11 »
Ahh my fault i read that wrong you are right. sorry for the wrong info OP. and thanks didnt know limit level 4 was diffrent from the rest.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-27 17:22:27 by arandomscrub »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-04-28 00:11:47 »
you can use WM to add a third limit to levels 1-2 for everyone except tifa, cait, and vincent. So you could stay at level 3 and have their normal level 4 limit be learnable by either a certain number of uses or kills. But you cannot force it to be learned by the item so it would be entirely possible to obtain omnislash in the first reactor with this method.

The most fluent way to get what you want would be to just add the first limit of the next level to the bottom of the list.
so for cloud it would look like

braver
crossslash
blade beam

blade beam
climhazard
meteorrain

Meteorrain
finishing touch
omnislash

Omnislash.

You can also rearrage when the character obtains the limits and you can even adjust some things like base damage and effects caused by using a program called Libre, but its very finniky and the only time i tried I failed to make it work.

Level 4 only has 1 working limit slot and is hard coded to be learned by the characters specific item so its impossible to add with our current tool set (sister ray will probably change this) Vincent, cait, and tifas effects are pulled based on the limit level selected so you cant edit them around or give them extra limits ( you can give cait an extra limit in level 1 but its janky at best)

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2019-04-28 23:39:01 »
you can use WM to add a third limit to levels 1-2 for everyone except tifa, cait, and vincent. So you could stay at level 3 and have their normal level 4 limit be learnable by either a certain number of uses or kills.

Has anyone actually tried to set a third limit per level? I have no idea how that would look or even work.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-04-29 00:07:41 »
The old Nightmare 7 mod had a 3rd limit added per level. It all fits perfectly into game and just requires usage of previous limits to learn it. I think that its any limit in the level and not just the normal 2nd. so if you put blade be under cross slash for 20 uses and you used braver 20 times it would still unlock blade beam, but Im not 100% on that. Caits level 1 limit slots can have 3 put in, but level 2 will always slots, same with tifa. she always slots based on the normal limit attacks. I tried rearranging her limits and it just crashed when I tried to use them. and vincent will SOMETIMES perform a limit attack but then transform based on the limit level and his Ai will be broken. I put big shot as his level 1 limit and half the time it would deal damage and half it would not but always his AI breaks. the transform will move half way across the field and just stop and be a dummy AI for the rest of the fight

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2019-04-29 14:20:35 »
I'm not surprised that Vincent and Tifa don't accept additional limits. I actually knew about Tifa's limitations decades ago. The Cait Sith thing is interesting, though.

What I'm actually curious about is if it works in vanilla or not. I believe Nightmare has some exe editing and that might include some functionality for third limits.