Author Topic: New project  (Read 11450 times)

Viashino

• View Profile
New project
« on: 2009-07-17 17:50:03 »
Well it seems my project wasnt welcome here so thats fine those who want my project can pm me i will send u link to my site and your free to get it there.

As far as this project ima do what every other non creative person does and just port from other games with my own modifications and maybe ill add some stuff on there myself like chocobos.  That way ill fit right in.

So any suggestions to what ppl would like to see in the game?  I have nothing to do now that my project was shut down on here.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: New project
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-17 18:06:05 »
As far as this project ima do what every other non creative person does and just port from other games with my own modifications and maybe ill add some stuff on there myself like chocobos.  That way ill fit right in.

Sigh...  :roll:

So are we starting with a clean slate here?

Now that you mention chocobos, there are nice, detailed chocobo models in a lot of games. Chocobos imported from any of the more recent FF games (with a colour change) would be nice to see.

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-17 18:19:53 »
Well ima try to make the chocobos myself unless theres a program for that too so i can be accused of stealing again.  Most part im just gonna try different models from other games,  i have like everything from ff games cept 9 taking the models out from ps1 game aint too bad with 3d ripper but they suck.

I dunno maybe ill just concintrate on doing something no one does.  Maybe ill justs tick with chocobos for now.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-17 19:39:39 »
hmm, sounds good to me... chocobos... i dont recall seeing any1 work on those so its all good!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-19 06:11:05 »
I don't think anyone's yet taken up working on remodeling the turks.... they were always less detailed than everyone else for some reason.... I'd personally like to see a new high res Reno.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-19 06:45:43 »
I'm interested, but I'll be watching this like a hawk too. If the thread gets stupid again, I'll lock it.

Just a warning.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-19 08:53:42 »
That come off as a little bit cross to me.

you dont dislike viashino do you halkun?

...no i think you just hate bikkering..(bikering?...bikkereng...^$^# it)

« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-19 10:22:04 »
Can't wait to see some stuff.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-19 10:49:37 »
That come off as a little bit cross to me.

you dont dislike viashino do you halkun?

...no i think you just hate bikkering..(bikering?...bikkereng...^$^# it)

I enjoy intelligent conversation, and growing a community though people with similar interests. I strongly dislike people who think they can take advantage of a community for their own selfish gains. This is not a slant at anyone, the other sub forum I moderate has a sticky about when we seem mean or cross. I'm just here to make sure things don't get childish and massively off topic.

I've taken a sabbatical for the last few years, but I seem to have recently found some free time. I like this place, and have been here for a while. I have lived though the "Joey years" of ancient history, and the dowfall of a Mr. [account deleted].

I hate drama, unless it's Japanese and star really attractive women.

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-21 01:09:23 »
well ima do chocobos and probubly the turks,  but i wont be working on it all the time,  ima do simple stuff, maybe ill do reno first and once i make the chocobo i only have to make one the rest can be recolor texture for.  so ill start there i guess,  im not gonna put as much effort into this one as the last one.    Think ill model it after cc reno.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-21 01:30:27 »
lets see lotsa wip shots

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-07-21 02:35:33 »
lets see lotsa wip shots

And wireframes! It's always good to post wireframes so we can see how you lay out the topology.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-07-21 03:38:27 »
Slightly off topic, Are wireframes the thing APZ had in his post with his cloud model?

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-07-21 18:16:32 »
Slightly off topic, Are wireframes the thing APZ had in his post with his cloud model?

Just like Hermoor's pic, it's basically a render mode (usually realtime) that draws an outline around ever single polygon, allowing you to clearly see the shape and density of the mesh. Some wireframe modes also allow you to see polygons that are usually obscured by making the polygons themselves invisible, leaving only the outline. Wireframe mode comes as standard in all 3D modelling software, including Wings3D.

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-07-23 03:26:30 »
ima post shots soon, ima keep the models very simple and i been learning a bit more about textures so ill be doing my own.  And this time ima post every damn angle i can find to post, wireframes and all that good stuff just so there is no miss conception this time.  I am not using any base models (cept for maybe the original from ff7 but as more of a guide) everything will be done myself using wings 3d.  So after much thought avhd is finished i took everything down and start anew. 

Yes i will admit i was using makehuman.  I didnt start out using it but after i saw how quick it made my job i lost control and didnt want to admit it to myself.  But this time it will be done myself (or with some ppl if they wish to join)  i am sory for my mistakes and would like to move forward to show what i can really do. 

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-07-23 03:48:32 »
It's all good. Let's put the past behind us. I look forward to seeing you make some progress, viashino!  :-)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-07-23 04:23:17 »
ima post shots soon, ima keep the models very simple and i been learning a bit more about textures so ill be doing my own.  And this time ima post every damn angle i can find to post, wireframes and all that good stuff just so there is no miss conception this time.  I am not using any base models (cept for maybe the original from ff7 but as more of a guide) everything will be done myself using wings 3d.  So after much thought avhd is finished i took everything down and start anew. 

Yes i will admit i was using makehuman.  I didnt start out using it but after i saw how quick it made my job i lost control and didnt want to admit it to myself.  But this time it will be done myself (or with some ppl if they wish to join)  i am sory for my mistakes and would like to move forward to show what i can really do. 
Sweet! :)  Well I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, I can't wait to see what you can do!  Also, I'm glad you decided to stay and admit your fault instead of tucking tail and leaving the forums.

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-07-23 04:41:49 »
no i made my mistake and i will except it, i got too caught up in making my job so easy i lost sight of why i was doing it.  I let an easy path ruin my work, and my reputation to myself.  So this time i will not make the same mistake twice.

I just ask for a second chance to correct my mistake.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 2009-07-23 05:26:21 »
YAY! :)

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-07-23 23:37:21 »
It's all good. Let's put the past behind us. I look forward to seeing you make some progress, viashino!  :-)

Seconded! Let this clean slate be a start to something great and promising! :3

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-07-24 01:55:02 »
no i made my mistake and i will except it, i got too caught up in making my job so easy i lost sight of why i was doing it.  I let an easy path ruin my work, and my reputation to myself.  So this time i will not make the same mistake twice.

I just ask for a second chance to correct my mistake.

I'm glad you came clean, I only caught on after your thread was shut down! :-P Sorry for not looking close enough...

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-07-24 04:16:15 »
as i said before im not a bad modeller and i didnt start out using it but someone brought it to my attention and i saw how quickly it made my work go and i just lost control of it.   But i have removed it from my computer just so ther is no tempations.  And am almost ready to post some shots.  Of what? youll juts have to wait and see.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #22 on: 2009-07-24 04:34:24 »
as i said before im not a bad modeller and i didnt start out using it but someone brought it to my attention and i saw how quickly it made my work go and i just lost control of it.   But i have removed it from my computer just so ther is no tempations.  And am almost ready to post some shots.  Of what? youll juts have to wait and see.

that sounds really nice! lookin forward to hearin from u  :-)