Author Topic: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC  (Read 93721 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC
« Reply #75 on: 2012-08-16 10:42:55 »
No.  At least not to my memory.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2012-08-16 11:54:39 »
Do the 24 bit textures rely on Aali's driver in anyway?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #77 on: 2012-08-16 13:40:13 »
edit
update for sith. if i copy paste rename save00 to save01. then copy the timestamps and signature  in the next block of the xml. neither file gets deleted by ff7. it also uploads them to the server and if i delete them it brings them back.   :D if someone wants to upload their saves and the metadata.xml ill try going cross user and post the results

can you please try that with this file. the signature is
Code: [Select]
4421dba04ae2821c8c040fce6f19562dlet me know if this works .can you also please tell me where is this file on your system? if this works i  might make a simple app to edit it , if i don't include this in black chocobo

also i noticed that there are signature for save01+ in your metadata.xml file do these files exsist?
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 13:59:28 by sithlord48 »

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #78 on: 2012-08-16 13:59:30 »
ill try it but i think a timestamp is also required.
also i found a window of oppurtunity where the saves arent checked or resynced. during this window you can edit the save or replace them with another save. then load and resave and itll sync your new save to your account.

edit
tried your save and replaced the signature in the xml with the one you posted and it gets deleted.
i guess i was wrong about the timestamp. if i change or delete the timestamp of a save it will stay
on that first xml i posted. there is only one save to save00 the rest of the signatures are for empty no save places. this signature is the same for all users with blank spots.

Code: [Select]
cc3eee5cb5b1c7a08a776ffdfb6618c9
i tried copying a save and signature from someone else and it gets deleted
this is where my new saves go to.
C:\Users\LUTZ\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_260359

here are my new save files and metadata along with another users saves and metadata
https://rapidshare.com/files/2415538029/savefiles.zip
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 15:05:46 by squall8cloud7 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #79 on: 2012-08-16 14:43:01 »
ill try it but i think a timestamp is also required.
also i found a window of oppurtunity where the saves arent checked or resynced. during this window you can edit the save or replace them with another save. then load and resave and itll sync your new save to your account.

oh yes just copy the timestamp from another file . i understand you found a time when it can be done but if its a simple md5 then we can do it indpendently of the FF7 qt already provides via its cryptographichash object a very simple md5sum ability(and i already have it working in the FF7tk, if this works i basicly would need ot code the Gui parts and the part that outputs the xml. i think i can just call a simple function for a file time info also. so it should be really easy..

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2012-08-16 15:06:40 »
check my post above.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #81 on: 2012-08-16 15:12:57 »
so with a vaild timestamp it works or not? i suspect your timestamp has to be valid, as in less them current time but more then last time, i have generation of them working.. but i can't test to see if its correct or not. i think with out both you can't correctly update the file.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2012-08-16 17:29:23 »
any idea if WM or PrC will be updated?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2012-08-16 17:32:55 »
if you mean to work with the rerelease. they already work. you just have to look in a different folder

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2012-08-16 17:43:27 »
if you mean to work with the rerelease. they already work. you just have to look in a different folder
so my money was well spent :) thanks!
any idea about the graphical formats used again in the re-release? are we still stuck with kimera?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2012-08-16 17:48:27 »
its still a battle lgp and char lgp and what not. so models and how you edit/change them are no different. youre stuck with kimera

edit
this is where youll find scene.bin and kernel .bin
C:\games\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\battle
C:\games\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\kernel

battle lgp is same as old
C:\games\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\battle
« Last Edit: 2012-08-16 17:51:15 by squall8cloud7 »

Shinrincole

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2012-08-16 21:12:53 »
It's nice to see that some of the mods work in the new PC version, even though some files have to be moved to the old locations to be patched.

Nice to see the FF7 Music program doesn't need to be used anymore. I found where someone did the PSX music in .ogg files that loop. Now It sounds like the PSX version. all i had to do was just over right music files.

Other than that, it's sucks that some mods won't work. Though I'm sure people will start mods on the new version and make them better. Only time will tell.

At least i can play FF7 PC without the worries that it might not work next time I load it up. Old PC version didn't want to load anymore, and when it did decided to work, none of the textures would work. :(

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2012-08-16 21:41:46 »
It's nice to see that some of the mods work in the new PC version, even though some files have to be moved to the old locations to be patched.

Nice to see the FF7 Music program doesn't need to be used anymore. I found where someone did the PSX music in .ogg files that loop. Now It sounds like the PSX version. all i had to do was just over right music files.

Other than that, it's sucks that some mods won't work. Though I'm sure people will start mods on the new version and make them better. Only time will tell.

At least i can play FF7 PC without the worries that it might not work next time I load it up. Old PC version didn't want to load anymore, and when it did decided to work, none of the textures would work. :(

well, I hope they'll be redone in time!

hero9989

« Reply #88 on: 2012-08-17 22:20:21 »
Not sure if this has been posted or not, but one of the main mods I can't live without on the old PC version (not sure if this has been posted but hey), the magic renaming patch - so bolt becomes thunder, bolt2: thundara, ice: blizzard... ect... ect, like in the newer final fantasy games
I dug it out from an old disk I made since I couldn't find it online (if there's a better version of this, please let me know :P

put this file [ https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2q7gwffn9mht16t/rPkUGPKR2U/kernel2.bin ] in  this folder [ C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\kernel\ ]

Works a dream on the new 2012 version :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: 2012-08-17 22:29:05 »
Thats just an edited kernel
get wallmarket in the tools section and do your own edits, that's generally better than just using a pre-existing kernel

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2012-08-17 22:36:40 »
You will also need the scene.bin to go with that new kernel or you are likely to have serious issues with wrong battles.

So can anyone confirm that the tools I listed on first page work?  I mean I know it is 99.99999999999% likely but I need confirmation.

themateoflink

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2012-08-18 01:32:58 »
Wallmarket definitely works. The Kernels are now located in the language specific folders though, so /ff7_en/kernel etc

« Last Edit: 2012-08-18 01:34:39 by themateoflink »

hero9989

« Reply #92 on: 2012-08-18 02:29:39 »
Hmm... I haven't had an issue with the modified Kernel yet, but wallmarket, I got it from the tools section but every time I run it; "Wallmarket has stopped working" Blah Blah Blah... Windows 7 64bit, anyone have any ideas? I would like to try editing it myself, never knew you could until now 0.0

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2012-08-18 02:33:43 »
The first post of this tells you the chances of things working.

hero9989

« Reply #94 on: 2012-08-18 02:42:01 »
Ignore me, sorry, needed to install the visual basic power packs thing. Apologies for the pointless post 0.0 (and this one)

Zander

« Reply #95 on: 2012-08-18 15:17:31 »
Hi new here I looked over the forum but no one seemed to post how to get black chocobo working on the new FF7....... Well I got it working  :-D

1: load it up and edit the save ------->save gets deleted from My doc folder
2: Load up FF7
3: let them sync the file and download the back up from server
4: Click on "continue" and look at save but DNT open it
5: Go back to menu
6: Windows key and go back to Black Chocobo with all you file edited and save#
7: VERY QUICKLY! Go back to FF7 Hit continue and load saved file

BANG Lv 99 Cloud

Zander out :)

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2012-08-18 16:09:24 »
look through the thread. I actuallx made a video of this a few days ago. Id quote but i cant with my phone

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2012-08-19 12:14:18 »
Wallmarket definitely works. The Kernels are now located in the language specific folders though, so /ff7_en/kernel etc

PrC will possibly work as well?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2012-08-19 14:46:46 »
I'm waiting for people to tell me that.  So come on, chop chop!  I need confirmation on:

Proud Clod

Hojo

Hack7

Remix Patch

Loveless

Meteor

Sfxedit

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #99 on: 2012-08-19 14:53:36 »
I'm waiting for people to tell me that.  So come on, chop chop!  I need confirmation on:

Proud Clod

Hojo

Hack7

Remix Patch

Loveless

Meteor

Sfxedit

Loveless seems to work, and I see no reason why Meteor does not ;).