Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2421481 times)

PcGamingRig

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2750 on: 2015-08-21 19:31:50 »
Got it working. I think it was the cut scenes failing that were causing the in game graphics to fail.

kidalot

• View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: 2015-08-21 21:44:55 »
Tried following the guide word for word

Install Menu Overhaul with "Re-Translation Project [R04]" checked. - Yes did this. Even tried deselecting everything apart from Re-Translation [R04]

Go to [gamedir]\mods\DK and copy all its contents to [gamedir]\mods\Bootleg. Overwrite everything when asked. - All Folders were copied from within the DK Folder to the mod folder the the game install file and were replaced.

Open up Bootloader Configure and change the Mod Path back to "Bootleg" OR open ff7_opengl.cfg with Notepad and edit mod_path = Bootleg. Be sure to save the file.
Play the game passed the counter and save right after. - Changed Mod = Bootleg within Bootloader Configure.

lay the game passed the counter and save right after. This part isn't actually possible, yes I was able to see the safe combination but as soon as you open the safe you don't have control a text box 'success' appears all you can press is the OK button and this triggers the fight and the crash. So not sure how to get around this, unless there was a way to save without going into in game menu?

I've already used this method for the Shinra Parade thing but there wasn't any fights in that section.

Since there was No help given for this issue the only way I did this was by inputting the combination using the top edge of the digits - not easy when you have a timer....no one else have this issue?

Akari_Tsukino

• View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: 2015-08-22 19:37:35 »
I'm trying to run the ff7 game converter since I have a steam installation, and it keeps saying "FATAL ERROR, COULD NOT FIND ANY LANGUAGES"
How do I fix this?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: 2015-08-23 13:57:57 »
I'm trying to run the ff7 game converter since I have a steam installation, and it keeps saying "FATAL ERROR, COULD NOT FIND ANY LANGUAGES"
How do I fix this?

Japanese Language?  ??? ???

Akari_Tsukino

• View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: 2015-08-23 15:28:42 »
I don't know, it just says that, and doesn't give me any more information than that.

ulrich_stern20

• View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: 2015-08-24 11:56:28 »
i have question. how to change the controller setting (keyboard)? when i play the game the key was disordered. how to fix this?

popkorn62

• View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: 2015-08-26 00:36:23 »
Can you kindly show me how to reverse the whole process of installing?...I tried running the bootleg again and still had the same error (bjfv.yos)...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2757 on: 2015-08-26 06:48:13 »
Check the FAQ section: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.msg183582#msg183582

First and second questions will guide you on that.

Akari_Tsukino

• View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: 2015-08-26 15:04:01 »
does anyone have any help for my problem?  The "no language able to be found" one?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: 2015-08-27 13:25:06 »
What language is your Steam version?

Akari_Tsukino

• View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: 2015-08-28 17:59:29 »
What language is your Steam version?
I don't know, English?  how do I check?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: 2015-08-28 20:34:00 »
Go to your Steam library and right-click the game, select Properties at the bottom, then select the Language tab. Set the game to English.

Akari_Tsukino

• View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: 2015-08-29 01:01:15 »
Go to your Steam library and right-click the game, select Properties at the bottom, then select the Language tab. Set the game to English.
It is set to English.

... I just noticed where the patcher is looking.  It's looking in my old install location, not the new one.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-29 01:04:11 by Akari_Tsukino »

jordanbtucker

• View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: 2015-08-29 05:12:49 »
Hey everyone. I started creating my own music mixes for FF7Music. But I realized that songs don't play during FMVs. Instead, the FMVs have their own audio. For example, the Opening FMV has its own music instead of playing the Opening and Bombing Mission music configured in FF7Music.

Is there any way to replace the FMV audio with your own, without of course replacing the actual audio on the AVI file?

Akari_Tsukino

• View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: 2015-08-29 18:02:58 »
I'm getting weird graphical artifacts now,  like weird static(tv static in the effect) with bolt, and numbers and text in the limit break.

Biko5689

• View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: 2015-09-03 14:58:14 »
I Followed all the instructions in the video and the game refuses to even launch ( from both Bootloader and normal steam EN edition).

It launches to a black screen, I get a few artifacts ( like when you're display driver crashes) and no error message. Not sure what the deal is, little disappointed as this took some time but I would like to give this another go. I'm running a Nvidia 750ti, I5, 8gb Ram if that helps at all.

Would appreciate some help, would supply any additional info if need be.

I also couldn't get the 7th Heaven DLs to work with all that Megasync stuff, anyone else have any issues?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: 2015-09-03 16:52:43 »
I'm getting weird graphical artifacts now,  like weird static(tv static in the effect) with bolt, and numbers and text in the limit break.

Post a screen shot to show me what you mean.

I Followed all the instructions in the video and the game refuses to even launch ( from both Bootloader and normal steam EN edition).

It launches to a black screen, I get a few artifacts ( like when you're display driver crashes) and no error message. Not sure what the deal is, little disappointed as this took some time but I would like to give this another go. I'm running a Nvidia 750ti, I5, 8gb Ram if that helps at all.

Would appreciate some help, would supply any additional info if need be.

I also couldn't get the 7th Heaven DLs to work with all that Megasync stuff, anyone else have any issues?

First thing that should always be done (stated in the tutorial as well) is to check your APP.log. If you can't figure out anything from it, then post it here for us to look at.

dotabread

• View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: 2015-09-06 17:59:59 »
Been trying to get the mod working for a bit now, still a bit new to modding. I have the steam version installed and whenever I finish modding properly and run the game, it crashes as soon as I get into the first battle every time. Not sure what the issue is.
My Specs:
Processor: i7-3820
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

APP log:
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.30
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.605000, frames: 219
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: E:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 127.570000, frames: 1914
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
ERROR: unhandled exception
I have FacePalmer text mods, no game difficulty mods, and most of the graphic ones installed also tried to turn the Battle Swirl limiter off to no effect. Any advice on how to get past this would be great, thanks.
« Last Edit: 2015-09-06 18:05:24 by Covarr »

Akkashi

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: 2015-09-20 18:29:55 »
Hey Alyzya!

I have the Steam version and a have some questions:

1) If i instal bootleg, i'll lose all achievs and save games?

2) i'll have to start from the beginning?

3) Starting from the beginning, I will win the achievments or bootleg cancels the rewards?

Thank you!

NeuroticNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: 2015-09-23 15:38:29 »
I have a question. I played this game a while ago and seeing that it's going to get remade made me want to buy the steam version so I bought it and I'm just now getting back into playing it again but I was curious on what the difference is between "Tifa's Bootleg" and "Tifa's Final Heaven".  Yes, I have googled it and I can't seem to find any clear cut information. Can someone put into lamens terms what the difference is so I can make the best decision. I would surely appreciate it.

NeuroticNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: 2015-09-23 15:40:03 »
Hey Alyzya!

I have the Steam version and a have some questions:

1) If i instal bootleg, i'll lose all achievs and save games?

2) i'll have to start from the beginning?

3) Starting from the beginning, I will win the achievments or bootleg cancels the rewards?

Thank you!

If you read the tutorial it will state "You will lose Achievements, Cloud Saves, and the Trainer after installing Bootleg."

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: 2015-09-23 17:30:03 »
I have a question. I played this game a while ago and seeing that it's going to get remade made me want to buy the steam version so I bought it and I'm just now getting back into playing it again but I was curious on what the difference is between "Tifa's Bootleg" and "Tifa's Final Heaven".  Yes, I have googled it and I can't seem to find any clear cut information. Can someone put into lamens terms what the difference is so I can make the best decision. I would surely appreciate it.

Bootleg is one big installer that replaces games files with your options. What you change is permanent and everything will have to be wiped (including the game itself) to start over if you don't like an option you chose.

7H is a memory injector and doesn't make any permanent changes to the game files. You download, activate, configure, and launch the game with your options. If you don't like something you chose, you exit the game and either configure something else or deactivate it completely.

NeuroticNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: 2015-09-25 15:48:01 »
Ahhhh, that makes perfect sense. Do the mods that work with bootleg also work with final heaven?

Zzzzzzze

• View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: 2015-09-26 15:18:22 »
I unchecked the "hide command box" option in the overhaul section, but it still removed the battle command box anyway. :P
Why is this happening?
If it helps, I have the following checked:
- Style Switcher
- Autosize Action Box
- Coloured Items
- Coloured Interface
- Re Transtalion
- Canon Names
- Canon Items
- Sense Fix
- 3D Battler Fix
- Clock Fix
- Coaster Fix
- Snowboard Fix
- Scrip Fixes

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: 2015-09-26 16:42:07 »
Ahhhh, that makes perfect sense. Do the mods that work with bootleg also work with final heaven?

Yes, all mods on this site can work with Bootleg and 7H, but not how you're thinking. Bootleg has a slightly different file/folder structure and uses an older version of Aali's Custom Driver (0.7.11b). It is definitely not recommended to use 7H on top of a Bootleg installed game directory. Just about everything in Bootleg has now been incorporated into 7H for the Catalog 2.0 release, so I'd put Bootleg on hold until Vgr gets going on the new installer.

I unchecked the "hide command box" option in the overhaul section, but it still removed the battle command box anyway. :P
Why is this happening?
If it helps, I have the following checked:
- Style Switcher
- Autosize Action Box
- Coloured Items
- Coloured Interface
- Re Transtalion
- Canon Names
- Canon Items
- Sense Fix
- 3D Battler Fix
- Clock Fix
- Coaster Fix
- Snowboard Fix
- Scrip Fixes

Are you unchecking it after already having installed Bootleg at least once?

Also, go here and read the hotkeys listed for Style Switcher: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13981.0