Author Topic: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More  (Read 67447 times)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
Re: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More
« Reply #50 on: 2009-10-26 21:22:52 »
Hmmm I got pissed off at Square for creating all the rumors to this game. You know they're behind it all! Like "Zack" in the slums, with that tatoo on him who doesn't feel well. Actually all of the things concerning Zack, finding him, etc. Haha.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #51 on: 2009-10-26 21:49:23 »
Hmmm I got pissed off at Square for creating all the rumors to this game. You know they're behind it all! Like "Zack" in the slums, with that tatoo on him who doesn't feel well. Actually all of the things concerning Zack, finding him, etc. Haha.
Lol. I've never heard of that rumor. Nor would I have ever thought that to be true even if I heard. I wonder what other rumors have been made.  :roll:

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-10-27 02:04:55 »
Ya its said that when you go into the pipe in the slums, and there is a bed there with a guy mumbling Re...un....iom..... or something like that, its supposed to be Zack. And the guy outside the door says something like " Oh he hasn't been feeling well, he's been away for a long time, he's new, blah blah blah" some silly thing like that, and its "Zack." Whether they meant it to be him or for it to symbolize him or whatever, its just random stuff. Also I've heard the game originally decided you could bring back Aeris (Aeris  :-D) and Zack, but they took it out. Idk I haven't messed around too much with the Debug Room but I hear it has some interesting stuff haha.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #53 on: 2009-10-27 03:21:40 »
Well it couldn't have obviously been Zack because he never got Mako addiction. Lol. I also heard about the Aeris thing but that of course is obviously a failure!  :-D

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-10-27 07:44:35 »
Here's a great website if you want to see some FF7 rumors :-)

Under monsters, there's a rumor about fighting Bugenhagen, and even one about fighting Meteor.  There is also a rumor under misc. that says it is possible to view a hentai scene between Cloud and Tifa during the credits.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-10-27 15:44:34 »
Have any of you guys fought Cheese Weapon yet?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-10-27 16:26:14 »
Yeah, I fought him once! I even tried to take screenshots and a video, but fighting cheese weapon instantly fries your hard drives beyond any state of repair, so I lost my data.  :lol:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-10-28 02:14:35 »
Hell yeah, I've fought Cheese Weapon. Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRdT8tdgb7Q

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #58 on: 2009-10-28 03:40:14 »
Hell yeah, I've fought Cheese Weapon. Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRdT8tdgb7Q
Haha, having nostalgic Sonic moments.  :-D Nice.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-10-28 03:55:09 »
For those of you who've never seen Cheese Weapon...

This is it:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #60 on: 2009-10-28 03:58:32 »
For those of you who've never seen Cheese Weapon...

This is it:

Hahaha!  :lol:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009-10-28 03:59:14 »
no, this is it :P

and lets not forget the chocobo weapon!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #62 on: 2009-11-04 23:51:08 »
You know what's also messed up? Why are there 4 Enemy Skill materias out there? You can only have 3 to a party in battle...  :lol:

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-11-05 00:11:36 »
One of them is missable but you can always get 3.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #64 on: 2009-11-05 00:33:33 »
Missable? Which of the four? Must be... The elevator where the samples are held?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009-11-05 04:56:42 »
That's the one.

It's also possible to miss Trine on the fourth Enemy Skill materia if you fight Gogo before getting the airship, which is really annoying.  By the time you get the fourth Enemy Skill materia, Gogo is too easy.

But yeah, four Enemy Skill materias... I always thought that was strange as well.

Something else I just thought up... the "hidden" element.  It's weird enough that it exists, but what's even weirder is that there is only one hidden-elemental attack, and it is used exclusively by Ultimate Weapon (it was called Ultima Beam, if I recall correctly).  I'm thinking that was done unintentionally...

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #66 on: 2009-11-05 15:16:11 »
Actually, if you look on it from a technical perspective, it makes perfect sense. Element data takes up half of one byte, so it can have a range of 1 to 16 (0000 to 1111 in binary). The normal elements, plus the 'weapon' elements (shoot, punch, etc.) make up a grand total of 15. That leaves a single unassigned value, which is the hidden element. When something in-game isn't assigned an element, it by default takes element 16 (F in hex). If the 'non elemental' flag isn't turned on, that means it has the 'hidden' element. This is presumably why materia that don't have elemental properties set grant 'hidden' when used with the Elemental materia.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #67 on: 2009-11-05 17:10:01 »
Actually, if you look on it from a technical perspective, it makes perfect sense. Element data takes up half of one byte, so it can have a range of 1 to 16 (0000 to 1111 in binary). The normal elements, plus the 'weapon' elements (shoot, punch, etc.) make up a grand total of 15. That leaves a single unassigned value, which is the hidden element. When something in-game isn't assigned an element, it by default takes element 16 (F in hex). If the 'non elemental' flag isn't turned on, that means it has the 'hidden' element. This is presumably why materia that don't have elemental properties set grant 'hidden' when used with the Elemental materia.

But then there are FIVE physical attack elements. I can see some enemies being more vulnerable to certain types of hits (which is probably what the developers intended), but that seems like a waste of space to me. I think the "Hidden" element was never really meant to be used and is just an accident or a testing element that never got removed from all attacks. Maybe even a "stand-in" element for non-HP attacks that got dummied out.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #68 on: 2009-11-05 21:17:07 »
Perhaps early on in development, Square proposed that different weapons might be more effective against certain enemies, as you suggest. Hard to imagine how that would actually be implemented, though. After all, does a bullet hurt a cat more than a bird?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #69 on: 2009-11-05 21:24:41 »
Ok. I've no idea what you guys are talking about.  :lol:

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009-11-05 22:01:59 »
Very few foes are weak versus certain weapons.  I think there's a monster in the sewers (after the Aps battle) who has a "never miss" weakness against... the "Hit" element, I think it was (people who've used the Hojo and WM editors should be able to understand me here).  Apart from that one monster, there are more with weapon weaknesses, but like... two or three more.  It's a really minor detail that they just decided to throw into the game, apparently.

The element on Cid's weapons is "Punch".  Shouldn't that be on Tifa's weapons?  Tifa's weapons have got the "Hit" element.

Minor, minor, minor strange detail I thought I'd bring up.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #71 on: 2009-11-05 23:26:23 »
Oh, you mean, like in gjoerulv's hardcore mod; Jenova BIRTH is weak against "Cut." That would be Cloud's cue to attack. Right?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009-11-06 08:10:01 »
Yeah, exactly.  I think there are other Cut attacks...

Chocobo_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009-11-08 19:14:28 »
One thing that I really don't get is that conversation you can listen to in the door to the right in the Honeybee Inn. The one where you can hear thunder bolts every once in a while. o_o It kinda creeped me out.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009-11-08 19:15:23 »
Wasn't it president Shinra being kinky or something?