Author Topic: How tu run FF7 with 7th heaven mods and steam link?  (Read 2181 times)

psaez

• View Profile
Hi

A lot of us like to play with steam link in the living room with the big tv instead of the pc. Steam link is perfect for that, the problem is that 7th heaven is not compatible with steam link.

I managed to add 7th heaven to steam link and launch automatically the game, it's easy, you simply need to add 7th heaven as an external game, and add /LAUNCH as launch parameter of the steam external game. It will launch the game. Well, first it will display a windows alert asking for permissions  >:( it only happens with 7th heaven, not with other applications and steam link.

Bug the big problem is that when you play with steam link, the controllers are linked with bluetooth to steam link, and not directly with the computer. That was not an issue for some emulators like CEMU or Citra, you can easily do the buttons mapping on the emulators when the controller is linked to steam link and you have steam link connected to the computer, but 7th heaven don't detect the controller buttons when you press them...  can this be solved please?

psaez

• View Profile
Re: How tu run FF7 with 7th heaven mods and steam link?
« Reply #1 on: 2024-01-14 15:45:28 »
Any info about this?

mahabo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2024-01-21 09:26:57 »
Hi, I'm playing FF7 modded via Steam Link, but I don't use 7th heaven (because I still haven't managed to have the language in German). Instead I use the installer ff7_syw_unified from satsuki.
None of the mentioned problems occurred.

see https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21616

psaez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2024-02-13 06:34:02 »
Hi, I'm playing FF7 modded via Steam Link, but I don't use 7th heaven (because I still haven't managed to have the language in German). Instead I use the installer ff7_syw_unified from satsuki.
None of the mentioned problems occurred.

see https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21616

The problem is that the FF7_SYW_Unified.V1.03.exe file has not one but 3 virus alerts on virustotal.com and the 1.04 update has too. It's impossible for me (and for sure for more people) to install content with virustotal.com alerts on my computer

if it were portable without exes and alerts whould be perfect... thank you
« Last Edit: 2024-02-13 06:35:34 by psaez »