Author Topic: Is Zidane the most powerful protagonist in the entire Final Fantasy Series?  (Read 3640 times)

MarvinGomes

• View Profile
Zidane was created via a mix of magic and genetic engineering to surpass a character capable of destroying an entire planet. Through his Trance, Zidane's potential could rival those of Kefka, Zeromus, or Lavos (different series, I know).

What separates Zidane from his peers in other Final Fantasy games, is that at the finale, he has not yet reached his full potential. At the end of every other FF game, the main characters are super-charged and as powerful as they will ever be. Zidane is still probably a decade or two away from reaching that.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-30 05:12:43 by Covarr »

-Ric-

• View Profile
The Lightning at the end of Lightning Returns: FF13 stomps on the rest of the protagonists without any difficulty. It's not even close. Some guides have her at universal levels of power.
Noctis after the 10 years inside the Crystal would most likely get through Zidane effortlessly as well.

Besides, Zidane doesn't really have any great feats. All he has is potential. It was an absolutely enraged and out of control Kuja that destroyed a planet, there's no evidence Zidane would be able to do so or could be even pushed into into such a state of mind. Don't forget Beatrix beat the crap out of Zidane (and the rest of the party) multiple times without breaking a sweat.

Izban

• View Profile
As much as I like Zidane he doesn't even have the most potential in his continuity, from memory Vivi does being an artificial life created solely with magic no pesky meat puppet restrictions on his total potential.

Zidane is same tier as Terra, Rydia and Noctis(only op in his continuity)

As much as I dislike Tidus he has the highest potential of all as it potential is only limited by the imagination Vivi being a close second sentient mana kinda is broken.

Even Tella stomps Zidane and the statement damn you spoon bard,  Forbidden magic meteor which in his continuity can destroy planets.

I no nothing about what lightning is capable as her first game was not fun so I didn't finish it

-Ric-

• View Profile
I no nothing about what lightning is capable as her first game was not fun so I didn't finish it

Well she starts off somewhere around Cloud's level I'd say and ends up being beyond human and taking down actual gods. Not "god-like" beings, but actual gods. She's by far the most OP being in any Final Fantasy to date lol.

Izban

• View Profile
I suppose that depends on how you determine the strength of a god, I always refer back to Black and white when power scaling gods, as in a gods power is directly related to the number of people that believe in it.

Using that metric gods are easily killable however they are also immensely powerful, godlike beings are typically much harder to kill but not quite as powerful, then you have true gods which have absolute power over their universe and can't be killed without destroying their universe...so it's kinda a matter of what kind of God we are talking about to determine how broken lightning gets

-Ric-

• View Profile
can't be killed without destroying their universe...so it's kinda a matter of what kind of God we are talking about to determine how broken lightning gets

It's exactly that kind of God. The whole storyline is a complex and long thing to get into but basically the present "realm" (or universe, whatever we choose to call it) gets destroyed, a new one gets formed and Lightning (with some help from the souls of humanity) defeats and locks that God away from the new world so that it doesn't rule over it and shape humanity in its view.

Even per the FF13 continuity power scales, she's beyond broken.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
short and sweet of it is mate, no , no he is not , some way down the pecking order lol