Author Topic: [Tutorial] Easy installing mods to FFVII with Bootleg  (Read 161514 times)

brisssou

Re: [Tutorial] Easy installing mods to FFVII with Bootleg
« Reply #100 on: 2012-05-26 16:31:25 »
The avatar and music issues are fixed for the 0039 release.
To work around these problems, make sure CUSTOM is selected for avatars after you've chosen the desired ones and before running Bootleg.
Manually extract OSTRe.7z into .\FF7Music\OSTRe\ to restore the music.

When you create the FF7 image, make sure the files are in the root of the zip.  Don't include the FFVII folder.
When you open the zip, you should see everything inside the game folder and not FFVII.

seriously, you are awesome.

I'm testing that right away

Kelios

« Reply #101 on: 2012-06-01 01:56:22 »
One problem, my saved games aren't showing up. They're still on my computer in the same place as before but I do not get the option to Continue once in-game. I'm not using a difficulty mod either.

EDIT: Hurr, I should have been more thorough. I found out what to do. For anyone in the future who has this problem just go to your installation folder and a new Save folder has been created. Simply copy and paste your save from the original location to it.

P.S. Thanks so much for this. These past few days have been a nightmare regarding FF7.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-01 02:58:02 by Kelios »

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2012-06-09 16:22:41 »
Hi, I have a question in regards to the bootleg configuration. I have already downloaded the "ff7_enhanced_movies_1.zip"(Enhanced FMVs part 1 of 2) and "ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip" (Enhanced FMVs part 2 0f 2), but the alternate downloads are still in red, do I just ignored that? To be more specific, the first part of the file of the alternate download is yellow, but the following parts are red. For example, part 1 is yellow, but part 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 are still red. Okay, that's all for now, thanks.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012-06-09 16:30:28 »
No, you only need one version of the mod.
I'll look into why it still shows as red.
Probably just a bug with the mod list.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #104 on: 2012-06-09 20:28:55 »
Hi, I have a question in regards to the bootleg configuration. I have already downloaded the "ff7_enhanced_movies_1.zip"(Enhanced FMVs part 1 of 2) and "ff7_enhanced_movies_2.zip" (Enhanced FMVs part 2 0f 2), but the alternate downloads are still in red, do I just ignored that? To be more specific, the first part of the file of the alternate download is yellow, but the following parts are red. For example, part 1 is yellow, but part 2 of 3 and 3 of 3 are still red. Okay, that's all for now, thanks.

I have the same thing happen when I choose Rumbah 1280 smooth. Part 1 of ff7_ehanced_movies_1 and ff7_enhanced_movies_2 is yellow, while the other parts are red. I assumed a bug in the mod list and that all the parts should be yellow because when choosing any of the Bootleg+***** options, all the ff7_enhanced_movies parts turn red.

I personally use Rumbah 1280 Smooth, and Rumbah 640 Smooth is good for playing in smaller resolutions. If you choose either option, you don't need the ff7_enhanced_movies.

Naitguolf

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012-07-10 18:03:56 »
Hi.

I've just installed bootleg with a fresh copy of Final Fantasy VII. Everything is great!!! but Cloud... doest have a sword in combat!! Looking at logs seems something is missing. Please, any help is welcome.

Code: [Select]
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAE (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T02 RTAE
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T02
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T02
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T03 RTAF
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T03
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T03
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T04 RTAG
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T04
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T04
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAI (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T06 RTAI
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T06
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T06
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAJ (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T07 RTAJ
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T07
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T07
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAK (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T08 RTAK
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T08
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T08
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAL (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T09 RTAL
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T09
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE CLOUD.T09
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAE (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T04 RTAG
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T04
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAI (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T06 RTAI
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T06
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAJ (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T07 RTAJ
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T07
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAK (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T08 RTAK
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T08
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RTAL (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: CLOUD.T09 RTAL
ERROR: could not open file CLOUD.T09

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012-07-10 18:07:50 »
What Cloud model did you install?
What sword option did you select?

Naitguolf

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2012-07-10 18:28:10 »
Hi PitBrat

Cloud Battle Model: Remix APZ
Cloud's Swords: Millenia

ricowtje

« Reply #108 on: 2012-07-14 11:29:11 »
Hey there,

The bootleg has installed the files like it supposed to, but when I start up the game, the menubackground hasn't changed and I can't seem to do anything because my keyboard doesn't work.

How can I fix this?

Here are my settings.

http://imageshack.us/f/254/settingsbootleg.png/

I hope someone can help me

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012-07-14 17:19:33 »
Hey there,

The bootleg has installed the files like it supposed to, but when I start up the game, the menubackground hasn't changed and I can't seem to do anything because my keyboard doesn't work.

How can I fix this?

Here are my settings.

http://imageshack.us/f/254/settingsbootleg.png/

I hope someone can help me
Hello @ricowtje,
To change your menu background manually to the one you wanted, simply go to this link:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5604/bustersword1024x1024.jpg

After you go to that link, save that image as "buster_00" in the folder called "C:/Games/FF7/mods/Bootleg/Menu/" and it will appear in Final Fantasy VII. Your directory may be different than mine, but this should help you.

As for your keyboard, you need to find out if you installed the Laptop Keypad patch. This may help you if you are using a laptop.

Laptop_Keypad_patch.zip                                         Configure FF7 Controls for Laptop             FILE

Good Luck, mate.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 19:26:28 by ajthedj747 »

ricowtje

« Reply #110 on: 2012-07-15 21:07:28 »
Thanks for the reply!

I found the keyboard patch aswell through Google.

Though I have one morge question, when I start the game and start a new game, I don't get the feeling the graphics are better as they should be.
I played around with different packages and settings but nothing seems to work.

The only change in graphics, are battles and fonts. The font in the game is MUCH sharper and the battle characters of Cloud and Barret are improved, like I wanted.

The field character, movies, battlefield and playfield aren't better at all. Also the music isn't different.

Do I have to do this manually as well?
So bootleg only changed my battle character and the font then?

I'm sorry I'm asking all of this while I'm only new. Thank in advance though!

*Edit*

Okay I have put the wallpaper file in the mods/menu folder but it hasn't changed.
I have watched the opening video through the folder and it's the PS3 remake movie of the startmovie. Yet what I get to see is the old PS1 movie.

My guess is, that the game is getting most of the files, of the disc files. How can I change this? Bootleg won't do anything else for me though...

This is the directory.

C:/ProgramFilesx86/square inc/Final Fantasy VII
The Mods folder is in there aswell.
Though I have selected the C:/Games/Final Fantasy VII folder, So do I need to Re-install the game to that folder aswell?
« Last Edit: 2012-07-15 21:26:30 by ricowtje »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-07-15 21:37:23 »
Thanks for the reply!

I found the keyboard patch aswell through Google.

Though I have one morge question, when I start the game and start a new game, I don't get the feeling the graphics are better as they should be.
I played around with different packages and settings but nothing seems to work.

The only change in graphics, are battles and fonts. The font in the game is MUCH sharper and the battle characters of Cloud and Barret are improved, like I wanted.

The field character, movies, battlefield and playfield aren't better at all. Also the music isn't different.

Do I have to do this manually as well?
So bootleg only changed my battle character and the font then?

I'm sorry I'm asking all of this while I'm only new. Thank in advance though!

*Edit*

Okay I have put the wallpaper file in the mods/menu folder but it hasn't changed.
I have watched the opening video through the folder and it's the PS3 remake movie of the startmovie. Yet what I get to see is the old PS1 movie.

My guess is, that the game is getting most of the files, of the disc files. How can I change this? Bootleg won't do anything else for me though...

This is the directory.

C:/ProgramFilesx86/square inc/Final Fantasy VII
The Mods folder is in there aswell.
Though I have selected the C:/Games/Final Fantasy VII folder, So do I need to Re-install the game to that folder aswell?
Alrighty...

First off. Please re-install everything to a new folder.

Step One - Create a folder on the C: Drive called, "Games" then inside "Games" make a folder called "Final Fantasy VII."

Step Two - Put everything (.exe files and .zips and .rars and .7zs, ec cetera) into a folder called "bootleg." This folder should be inside the  "Final Fantasy VII" folder.

Step Three - Please Read this tutiorial:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

If you have further questions, feel free to ask the almighty patient one. :-)

ricowtje

« Reply #112 on: 2012-07-16 15:02:30 »
Awesome! It finally works all together now!

Thanks!

I seem to get one last error though. When I start the game through Bootloader I get the message 'failed to set the requested fullscreen mode, reverting to original window mode.'

After that I get a window about 1/4 of my original screen size. (I also changed the settings to the ones in the tutorial and get the same error.)
How do I fix this?

I haven't got any other errors explained in the tutorial.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #113 on: 2012-07-16 17:04:47 »
Awesome! It finally works all together now!

Thanks!

I seem to get one last error though. When I start the game through Bootloader I get the message 'failed to set the requested fullscreen mode, reverting to original window mode.'

After that I get a window about 1/4 of my original screen size. (I also changed the settings to the ones in the tutorial and get the same error.)
How do I fix this?

I haven't got any other errors explained in the tutorial.

I think you are setting the Screen Resolution and Refresh Rate higher than what your monitor can handle. Check those settings for your monitor and use them in Bootloader.

ricowtje

« Reply #114 on: 2012-07-16 17:13:52 »
Yeah you were right, I changed it and it works fine now aswell, although the music stops playing after 2 seconds now.. So I guess it still takes too much to handle aswell.. I will play around with the settings some more. Thanks!

*Edit*

Well I played around and played around and played around... Yet the music keeps to quit after 2 seconds with every new song that comes allong.

How can I solve this problem?

Sorry for the trouble
« Last Edit: 2012-07-16 22:31:42 by ricowtje »

Galius

« Reply #115 on: 2012-07-17 08:43:14 »
Hi PitBrat

Cloud Battle Model: Remix APZ

Just got done installing this earlier and having the same problems as Nait, Cloud has no sword in Battle, but I used a different Cloud.

Cloud Battle Model: Hi-Res Classic

Edit: Well I got it working, I went ahead and downloaded cloudswords_installer.rar, ran the installer and it installed the weapons and now they show up fine.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-17 09:01:47 by Galius »

ricowtje

« Reply #116 on: 2012-07-17 09:40:33 »
Yeah you were right, I changed it and it works fine now aswell, although the music stops playing after 2 seconds now.. So I guess it still takes too much to handle aswell.. I will play around with the settings some more. Thanks!

*Edit*

Well I played around and played around and played around... Yet the music keeps to quit after 2 seconds with every new song that comes allong.

How can I solve this problem?

Sorry for the trouble

Okay So I fixed the problem with the music through a new bootleg installation. Though now with the same settings as I used to have, the characters won't change in the battle, I have the original cloud battle figure right now. I have selected the grimmy style character in bootleg. So how can this happen?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012-07-17 15:15:16 »
As of Bootleg 0039, Grimmy's AC Yuffie is broken.  Don't use this model.
Also, there's a bug that install Grimmy's AC Yuffie when Grimmy's AC Tifa is selected.
Don't install Grimmy's AC Yuffie nor Grimmy's AC Tifa.

This issue is fixed in the upcoming 040 release.

ricowtje

« Reply #118 on: 2012-07-18 13:33:06 »
Yet again did I install bootleg. This time without the AC Yuffie and AC Tifa mods.
Still the AC cloud Grimmy battle character is not shown in the battles.

Could anyone help with this?

*note* The AC cloud battle mod did work when the rest of the mods weren't installed, so is there a mod that's blocking this mod?

When is the 040 release coming out?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012-07-18 18:39:32 »
ricowtje,
Don't install the game to a system folder such as Program Files, Desktop or Users.
Instead install to a folder like C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\

ricowtje

« Reply #120 on: 2012-07-19 10:22:21 »
ricowtje,
Don't install the game to a system folder such as Program Files, Desktop or Users.
Instead install to a folder like C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\

Hello,
That's exactly the directory where it is installed right now. So what could be the problem then?

JobeStroud

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012-07-24 20:32:46 »
Are you running as admin? Antivirus turned off? What does the install say it is doing? Like when you click runbootleg what does the dos windows say they are doing? When "adding sprinkles" Does it unpack everything or do you get really bad errors?

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2012-07-24 20:47:58 »
Are you using an authentic 3 CD-ROM, North American, English language version of Final Fantasy VII?

ricowtje

« Reply #123 on: 2012-07-24 21:31:07 »
I have windows 7 and disabled every admin question and added all rights to my account.

Therefore I don't see any errors in bootleg.log
I have ripped the Iso's of the game discs. (A friend of mine bought the game a few years back in america, brought it back home, and I ripped it so I could play it aswell.) I live in Europe though. Is it possible that it jams only the Grimmy AC cloud battle character because of that?

I don't think so, because when I had the game installed in the wrong directory the battle character and field character were both like I wanted them to. I think it's something from another mod maybe?

blade7115

« Reply #124 on: 2012-09-03 04:13:57 »
I click "Run Bootleg" and it starts extracting all the stuff. When i open my ff7 game nothing has been modded/changed o.O. The mods are all green on Bootleg and the destination folder is correct. What am i doing wrong?