Author Topic: [FFX/X-2 PC] Farplane - FFX/X-2 Memory Editor  (Read 38456 times)

Topher

• View Profile
[FFX/X-2 PC] Farplane - FFX/X-2 Memory Editor
« on: 2016-05-28 19:14:12 »
Hey guys,

I am working on a memory editor for FFX/X-2 to change things such as items, accessories, stats, and so on. It originally started out of a desire for a tool to easily edit creature abilities in Final Fantasy X-2, but I have decided to expand the scope of the app to include a number of other features, editors and cheats.

Version 0.2.2 is the current release, and it supports:

Final Fantasy X
  • Party stat and ability modification
  • Basic equipment customization
  • Debug options (control monsters, max damage, invincible, perma-sensor, etc.)
  • Shared AP booster (all characters gain AP after battle)
Final Fantasy X-2
  • Change current Gil
  • Character EXP and stat modification
  • Character dressphere completion modification (Only Gunner to Songstress implemented)
  • Creature stat modification and ability modification
  • Creature creator trapping editor
  • Item editor and item cheat
  • Accessory editor and accessory cheat
  • Dressphere editor (change count)
  • Garment Grid editor (learn/unlearn)
  • Toggle debug options such as controlling monsters, invincible party, etc.

If you're interested in trying it out, download it here.

If you like the app and can help translate the creature or command names, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Screenshots
Spoiler: show

« Last Edit: 2016-05-31 13:53:30 by Topher »

Zara9

• View Profile
Re: [FFX/X-2 PC] Farplane - FFX/X-2 Memory Editor
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-28 19:28:06 »
hey

you have a greata editor there

i like it alot

will the final fantasy X editor have the same options as well

Topher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-28 19:35:56 »
Planned features for the FFX editor include:

- Party stats editor
- Sphere grid node editor
- Items editor
- Key items editor
- Full weapon/armor customization
- Blitzball editor

No doubt some other features will come up as more is revealed about how the game works. That goes for FFX-2 as well. I still need to complete the dressphere ability editor, add support for Key Items and Blue Bullet abilities, Gunner's Gauntlet and several other things I can think of as well.

I have no plans for controlling creatures in FFX at this stage. I haven't looked at it and have no idea if it will even be possible.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-28 19:37:14 »
hey

will the final fantasy X editor have the debug option as well, with the party members hitting 9999 damage each time and much more

Husbjörn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-30 09:58:57 »
I have no plans for controlling creatures in FFX at this stage. I haven't looked at it and have no idea if it will even be possible.
I haven't looked too deply into it but it would appear that monster data is loaded from disk at the start of each battle and not held in a static memory area. It might be possible to find a static pointer and alter it as it is being loaded however, but it seems unfortunately tricky.

Topher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-30 14:55:24 »
Hey guys,

Version 0.2.1 adds some debug options for Final Fantasy X such as true invincibility, max damage, permanent sensor and more. Also it adds an ability editor to the party editor.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-30 15:06:53 by Topher »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-30 14:57:45 »
hey Topher

will those debug options be for the final fantasy X editor

and when will that version come out for download

Topher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-30 15:06:02 »
Yes, those features I mentioned for 0.2.1 are for Final Fantasy X, and it's your lucky day, 'cause it's out right now!

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-05-30 19:33:42 »
Hey Topher

the always deal 9999 damge debug option on the final fantasy X editor side makes the monsters deal 9999 damage as well

and when i pray or cure on my party, the cure magic deals 9999 attack damage insted of healing the party

and can you put in a always party member turn debug option as well please
« Last Edit: 2016-05-30 19:55:36 by Zara9 »

Topher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-05-30 20:54:07 »
I don't make the debug options, they're leftovers from the games development, therefore i have little ability to change what they actually do. All Farplane does is enable them. I will keep looking for more while i work on the app

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-05-31 22:21:37 »
Hey Topher

is there going to be any blitzball, items, weapons and much more stuff coming soon to this final fantasy X farplane editor

Fayrra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-06-01 19:41:59 »
Thank you for doing this. Pretty cool that I can edit enemies in FFX-2, but man do I want it for FFX so badly.

Also, is editing enemies in FFX really that hard? I know that in the FFX punishment mod for the ps2, the stats of the enemies were edited and even the boss's status immunities were changed. It's been driving me crazy because I have no idea how the creator of the mod did it, and unless I'm massively retarded, FFXED didn't seem to have any option to do it, despite pretty much being the definitive editor for FFX on the ps2. My google searching skills are lacking, I'll admit, but I did try to see if there were any guides on how to hack the enemies of FFX manually, regardless of editiors and all that, that I was missing, couldn't find any. So alas, I was stuck playing the game with all the enemies having the same status and elemental defenses as usual. It's got to be possible, though, at least for the ps2, since it was done in the punishment mod.

Life is sorrow.

IzzacSturnburg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-06-01 23:00:34 »

Final Fantasy X-2
    • Character EXP and stat modification
    /li]
    [/list]

Hey Topher I can't seem to edit a status at all on Yuna. I even remained out of menu, and phased in and out of battle, but no change to LUCK on status, have not tested it on any other character nor stat.
    « Last Edit: 2016-06-01 23:02:12 by IzzacSturnburg »

Topher

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: 2016-06-02 07:41:29 »
    OK, I'll check the offsets and stuff are all correct before I release the next version. I might have broken something without realizing. Keep in mind that the game auto-recalculates all stats based on level at the start of battle so any changes won't be reflected until then. Base stats should get updated at that time.

EDIT: I should mention you need to press ENTER to send changes to the game, it doesn't update the values until you do that.
    EDIT #2: It was my fault, I messed up the offsets when I moved from the recalculated values to the base values - the app will show the CURRENT value on the left, and allow you to modify the base. You still need to enter battle for the changes to take effect.
    « Last Edit: 2016-06-02 07:59:36 by Topher »

Topher

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: 2016-06-02 07:43:46 »
    Thank you for doing this. Pretty cool that I can edit enemies in FFX-2, but man do I want it for FFX so badly.

Also, is editing enemies in FFX really that hard? I know that in the FFX punishment mod for the ps2, the stats of the enemies were edited and even the boss's status immunities were changed. It's been driving me crazy because I have no idea how the creator of the mod did it, and unless I'm massively retarded, FFXED didn't seem to have any option to do it, despite pretty much being the definitive editor for FFX on the ps2. My google searching skills are lacking, I'll admit, but I did try to see if there were any guides on how to hack the enemies of FFX manually, regardless of editiors and all that, that I was missing, couldn't find any. So alas, I was stuck playing the game with all the enemies having the same status and elemental defenses as usual. It's got to be possible, though, at least for the ps2, since it was done in the punishment mod.

Life is sorrow.

The data is no doubt loaded and stored at the start of battle. Finding where it is stored and how it is laid out however is a different story. The PS2 mod must have changed some data files and repacked them, that's the only way I can think of since monster data is stored on disc, not in the save (except FFX-2 cause of the creature creator)

Zara9

• View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: 2016-06-02 10:57:07 »
    hey

on Final fantasy X-2

this is what it saids about the status on final fantasy X-2

With these codes, thats stats are NOT saveable. The stats are generated auto by the level of your character & your dressphere

Zara9

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: 2016-06-04 07:21:20 »
    Hey

when is this Farplane going to be updated again with new stuff

Zara9

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: 2016-06-04 10:05:03 »
    where can i find blitzball cheats for the FFX pc version

IzzacSturnburg

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: 2016-06-07 16:55:37 »
    I use Farplane ,Final Fantasy x-2 21+ trainer, and cheat engine to have all the features, they work hand in hand. Blitzball cheats are in cheat engine forums, and just about every mini game is in it.

resinate

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: 2016-08-28 09:28:07 »
    sorry to bump such an old post, any chance of a monster editor on this tool? i wanna make super bosses like crazy LOL

brucy

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: 2018-07-04 22:50:43 »
    thanks for creating this , now whoever want to be invulnerable and super strong in those two games can finally do it :D