Author Topic: FF8 - Importing an FF8 Enemy Texture  (Read 4025 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
FF8 - Importing an FF8 Enemy Texture
« on: 2017-09-06 22:55:12 »
Hi all, I've been trying to alter an FF8 enemy texture as a test (palette swap); I was able to extract it as a PNG using Deling and have the omega tool for a TEX conversion, but not sure how to get it back into its comxxx.dat file.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Re: FF8 - Importing an FF8 Enemy Texture
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-07 10:07:48 »
No idea.  I think the closest person here to doing something like that was 5way...
Maki might be able to help you, also?  But they are the only two I think have gone that far.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-07 10:09:26 by Mcindus »

Xinlus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-09-07 16:03:04 »
The format of that textures are .TIM, the same as PSX version.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-09-08 00:27:29 »
I think the closest person here to doing something like that was 5way...

Hey, I've just changed my name 8) (surprisingly enough there's an option that let me do it). I did the same on Twitch years ago since people was getting confused by "five-way" instead of "Sway" -I'll change my avatar later so people can get familiar with the change-

Back to topic; I remember replacing Gerogero's censored blue blood by the original red texture so I used a great tool called Tim2View.

Choose "File" then "Scan file" and pick the desired comxxx.dat, the texture(s) will show up and you can extract them as *.png (or *tim) files. The tool also offers clut details and more details about the texture.

Once editing is done you can import the texture either as *.tim or directly *.png which is quite useful.

Good luck Sega!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-09-08 12:03:46 »
Hey, I've just changed my name 8) (surprisingly enough there's an option that let me do it). I did the same on Twitch years ago since people was getting confused by "five-way" instead of "Sway" -I'll change my avatar later so people can get familiar with the change-

Back to topic; I remember replacing Gerogero's censored blue blood by the original red texture so I used a great tool called Tim2View.

Choose "File" then "Scan file" and pick the desired comxxx.dat, the texture(s) will show up and you can extract them as *.png (or *tim) files. The tool also offers clut details and more details about the texture.

Once editing is done you can import the texture either as *.tim or directly *.png which is quite useful.

Good luck Sega!

Thanks a million, bud!