Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390147 times)

kruczi

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #125 on: 2020-03-05 19:04:48 »
Hi :).
I'm interested to use your great app.
I currently installed Mod Manager on my Windows 7 and Final Fantasy 7 from Steam and I got an error.

```
### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at D:\steam_folder\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
Creating missing required directories ...
Verifying additional files for 'battle' & 'kernel' folders exist ...
Verifying all movie files exist ...
Verifying music files exist ...
Verifying latest game driver is installed ...
   7H_GameDriver.dll file is up to date.
Verifying game driver shaders folders exist ...
Verifying ff7 exe ...
Checking a profile is active ...
Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
Checking mod load order requirements ...
Looking for game disc ...
Failed to find game disc ...
OS does not support auto mounting virtual disc. You must mount a virtual disc named FF7DISC1.ISO, insert a USB flash drive named FF7DISC1, or rename a Hard Drive to FF7DISC1 ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.
```
Maybe some config has set up wrong drive letter, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for any help.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #126 on: 2020-03-05 21:45:55 »
Looking for game disc ...
Failed to find game disc ...
OS does not support auto mounting virtual disc. You must mount a virtual disc named FF7DISC1.ISO, insert a USB flash drive named FF7DISC1, or rename a Hard Drive to FF7DISC1 ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.
You're on Windows 7, which does not support built-in ISO tools. You will need to manually mount the ISO (it is included under your 7th Heaven\Resources\ folder) or insert a USB key that has the label named "FF7DISC1" as the error is telling you to do. Or, upgrade to Windows 8 or newer.

BlueWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2020-03-06 02:53:15 »
So i'm trying to run ninostyle field models and New Threat and the nino style models are not working. I've run these 2 mods previously on 1.0 with no issues and the 7th heaven application is not telling me anything is wrong with compatibility between these mods. I have switched on "ignore compatibility" but that isn't working either. Also when I previously played this I used DS4 windows to use my dualshock 4 with FF7 but now the controller won't work in game at all. I'm wondering that the new controller settings in the 7th heaven 2.0 app are the problem? any help would be appreciated.

Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2020-03-06 03:10:57 »
Also when I previously played this I used DS4 windows to use my dualshock 4 with FF7 but now the controller won't work in game at all. I'm wondering that the new controller settings in the 7th heaven 2.0 app are the problem? any help would be appreciated.
go to SETTINGS / GAME LAUNCHER / Options / Controls => choose : Steam KB+Std GamePad

BlueWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2020-03-06 03:29:08 »
So i'm trying to run ninostyle field models and New Threat and the nino style models are not working. I've run these 2 mods previously on 1.0 with no issues and the 7th heaven application is not telling me anything is wrong with compatibility between these mods. I have switched on "ignore compatibility" but that isn't working either. Also when I previously played this I used DS4 windows to use my dualshock 4 with FF7 but now the controller won't work in game at all. I'm wondering that the new controller settings in the 7th heaven 2.0 app are the problem? any help would be appreciated.

Never mind I figured out part 1 of this issue. some of my mod categories were "unknown" so when I auto sorted they were not sorted properly. So my only question is how do I use my dualshock 4 controller to play the game with? thanks again for any help on this and a huge thanks for all the hard work on super simplifying this process with this update.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #130 on: 2020-03-06 04:11:05 »
Never mind I figured out part 1 of this issue. some of my mod categories were "unknown" so when I auto sorted they were not sorted properly. So my only question is how do I use my dualshock 4 controller to play the game with? thanks again for any help on this and a huge thanks for all the hard work on super simplifying this process with this update.
I don't have a ds4 controller so I can only relay to you what I hear from everyone else. The controllers do work fine, but if you choose to use them, you have quite a bit of setup to do.
  • Install and set up DS4Windows. Looks like this allows your DS4 to be emulated like an Xbox controller. http://ds4windows.com/
  • Click your start button and type "Set up USB Game Controllers" in the search box. Click it.
  • Select your controller from the list, click "Advanced" then make sure the correct controller is set as your preferred device in the drop down box. Click OK twice.
  • Since FF7 has limited controller support, if you want full support, you need to trick the game by mapping keyboard keys to your controller using a 3rd party tool.
  • I'm told AntiMicro works well. Download and install that from here https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro
  • Run AntiMicro (or whatever your preferred controller mapping tool is) ***AS ADMIN***. Configure AntiMicro/your preferred tool to map the keyboard keys you want to your controller.
  • 7th Heaven 2.0 includes controller button "presets". These simply change your keys and buttons inside of FF7 as if you opened the game and went to Menu>Config>Controller. 7H is not a mapping tool.
  • If you don't want to use a preset, configure your own controls inside of the game, go to 7H>Settings>Game Launcher>Controls and click the Save (floppy disk) icon.
  • Make sure those same controls are set up in your AntiMicro.
  • Ensure your controller is fully on/plugged in/connected first. Then launch FF7.
If you're getting double-input in the game, this little piece is from the DS4Windows site:
  • I'm getting double input/ Weird input in some games, how do I fix it?
That's because the game tries to (though usually badly) support the DS4 on it's own. You can solve this by enabling Hide DS4 Controller in DS4Windows' settings, then connect the controller BEFORE you launch the game.

That's the most comprehensive post I can possibly do. Anything beyond that, call a priest, a voodoo doctor, I don't know what. Or buy an Xbox controller for crying out loud.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 02:30:09 by unab0mb »

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2020-03-06 06:04:51 »
Thanks to everyone for their hard work and dedication. "It Just Works." great tag line. Keep the updates and mods coming!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #132 on: 2020-03-06 06:23:34 »
Thanks to everyone for their hard work and dedication. "It Just Works." great tag line. Keep the updates and mods coming!

lol thanks. I don't think anyone actually came up with that, it was literally just everyone's honest reactions. I thought it was kind of funny watching streams and YT videos repeat that so much.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2020-03-06 15:41:23 »
I don't know if this has happened with anyone else but: When I launch FF7 through 7th Heaven the first time after booting my PC and Steam, the game goes through 7 attempts to launch and fails. I have to start the game through the Steam launcher once, close the game, then the game will launch through 7th Heaven with the mods.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #134 on: 2020-03-06 17:18:20 »
I don't know if this has happened with anyone else but: When I launch FF7 through 7th Heaven the first time after booting my PC and Steam, the game goes through 7 attempts to launch and fails. I have to start the game through the Steam launcher once, close the game, then the game will launch through 7th Heaven with the mods.

Never heard that one before. What you're describing aren't even the same EXEs nor using the same game driver. It's like saying you ran calculator then notepad started working.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2020-03-06 17:46:09 »
Never heard that one before. What you're describing aren't even the same EXEs nor using the same game driver. It's like saying you ran calculator then notepad started working.

LOL Best analogy ive heard in a while

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2020-03-06 20:16:56 »
Awesome that worked perfectly just mapped the D-pad to the numpad on keyboard  Thanks for the info really appreciate it

How did you open it? There is no .exe in the download. I tried using XPadder but even though the digipad is mapped to the directional keys (i use the No Numpad + Std Gamepad option) and works in windows  it doens't work in the game.

kirinelf

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2020-03-06 22:26:48 »
How did you open it? There is no .exe in the download. I tried using XPadder but even though the digipad is mapped to the directional keys (i use the No Numpad + Std Gamepad option) and works in windows  it doens't work in the game.

Did you try running XPadder as admin? I had the same problem when trying AntiMicro, and had to run it as admin for the game to register the gamepad mappings.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2020-03-06 22:46:24 »

i downloaded an installer once it was installed there was an icon on the desktop to start it up

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2020-03-06 22:53:28 »

lol Nice analogy for sure! But yeah, it's happened twice to me now. I also realize that Steam and 7th Heaven use different EXEs, so I'm confused myself as to why this is happening. I'm at work, almost off. When I get home I'll boot up my PC, Steam and 7th Heaven and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Edit: Just got home. Turned on my PC, launched Steam, 7th Heaven and the game loaded up first try. May have been something on my end. I do have some awesome luck when it comes to technology. It's a love/hate relationship haha.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 00:36:29 by KaidenJames »

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2020-03-06 23:27:39 »
i downloaded an installer once it was installed there was an icon on the desktop to start it up

Thanks, I didn't realise GitHub link is not the installer, but it still does not work. It works for both arrows and numpad in windows but it does not respond in the game.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #141 on: 2020-03-07 02:04:23 »
Did you try running XPadder as admin? I had the same problem when trying AntiMicro, and had to run it as admin for the game to register the gamepad mappings.

You may be on to something here. FF7 runs as admin because 7H runs as admin (it has to in order to hook into the game). I tried making a small script the other day with keyboard hooking and it did not work and I was puzzled for a minute. Then I ran my script as admin and the keyboard hooking started working. So these 3rd party game controller tools I assume would have the same issue and must also be run as admin due to the elevated status of FF7.

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2020-03-07 02:19:26 »

That worked, thank you!

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2020-03-07 02:22:23 »
I also use XPadder and can confirm admin needs to be on. Once it is it works perfect.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2020-03-07 03:29:14 »
So out of the blue it is no longer allowing me to have incompatible mods on together.  I haven't changed the setting since it last worked.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2020-03-07 04:18:35 »
Has anyone got their Ps4 controller to work through steam's mapper/drivers with 7th heaven 2.0? A guy in another thread mentioned his is working just not the dpad, but nothing is working for me, don't care about the dpad.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #146 on: 2020-03-07 04:37:51 »
Has anyone got their Ps4 controller to work through steam's mapper/drivers with 7th heaven 2.0? A guy in another thread mentioned his is working just not the dpad, but nothing is working for me, don't care about the dpad.

Please don't double-post. This question has also already been answered further up this thread.

Also, Steam and the Steam launcher have nothing to do with 7H.

Ralgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2020-03-07 05:22:36 »
Thanks for all the hard work on the new version its Fantastic!

I have a question. When I try to use Field Models and New Threat Together it disables New Threat and I'm stuck with Vanilla Field models.

https://i.imgur.com/9Y6mKeS.png

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Aktulu

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2020-03-07 06:05:37 »
Shout out to all the developers who make this happen! Amazing job! Even though the Remake is around the corner I'm still going to be playing the original, over the remake, but with the mods of course!

BlueWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2020-03-07 08:14:21 »
I don't have a ds4 controller so I can only relay to you what I hear from everyone else. The controllers do work fine, but if you choose to use them, you have quite a bit of setup to do.
  • Install and set up DS4Windows. Looks like this allows your DS4 to be emulated like an Xbox controller. http://ds4windows.com/
  • Click your start button and type "Set up USB Game Controllers" in the search box. Click it.
  • Select your controller from the list, click "Advanced" then make sure the correct controller is set as your preferred device in the drop down box. Click OK twice.
  • Since FF7 has limited controller support, if you want full support, you need to trick the game by mapping keyboard keys to your controller using a 3rd party tool.
  • I'm told AntiMicro works well. Download and install that from here https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro
  • Run AntiMicro (or whatever your preferred controller mapping tool is) ***AS ADMIN***. Configure AntiMicro/your preferred tool to map the keyboard keys you want to your controller.
  • 7th Heaven 2.0 includes controller button "presets". These simply change your keys and buttons inside of FF7 as if you opened the game and went to Menu>Config>Controller. 7H is not a mapping tool.
  • If you don't want to use a preset, configure your own controls inside of the game, go to 7H>Settings>Game Launcher>Controls and click the Save (floppy disk) icon.
  • Make sure those same controls are set up in your AntiMicro.
  • Ensure your controller is fully on/plugged in/connected first. Then launch FF7.
If you're getting double-input in the game, this little piece is from the DS4Windows site:
  • I'm getting double input/ Weird input in some games, how do I fix it?
That's because the game tries to (though usually badly) support the DS4 on it's own. You can solve this by enabling Hide DS4 Controller in DS4Windows' settings, then connect the controller BEFORE you launch the game.

That's the most comprehensive post I can possibly do. Anything beyond that, call a priest, a voodoo doctor, I don't know what. Or buy an Xbox controller for crying out loud.

I really appreciate the effort here. I ran and installed antimicro and then went into the game and tried to customize my controls after mapping them with antimicro and the game just does not respond to inputs from the controller. I guess If anyone knows a way to play 7th heaven 2.0 with a DS4 by any means I would be very grateful for any help.