Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390151 times)

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release)
« Reply #550 on: 2021-04-06 16:39:30 »
Good morning.

I'm trying to run this mod. I've the Steam game.
I can't seem to install the Field Texture mod of 7.3GB. I thought it took this long because of file size, but now it's been 5 hours that it's listed as "In queue..." after I downloaded it with the client.
Anyone knows how to solve this issue? I would love to use the Field Texture mod.

Additionally, what is that mod that allows to extend max playtime from 99 to 999 hours?

As a last question, I'm playing in 16:9 but this makes 2 black borders appear up and down on the screen. Is there a way to remove them?

Thanks for any help.

My mod ESUI will adjust the max hours that can be displayed, there is also other menu mods but I am not sure if they do it as well.

About the download problem for the field textures, you can try manually downloading from the 7th heaven website directly here.

https://7thheaven.rocks/  links are near the bottom.  After you download place the iro inside the same folder as the other iro folders which should be under the mods folder in your game directory by default.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2021-04-06 16:43:01 »
Alright that's fair. The way this game is coded, it shouldn't even have mods. I'm just upset that a lot of mods are like "use 7th heaven or JUST ours, that's it!" I hate the fact 7th heaven requires admin access to work. Like wasn't there a way around that? There must've been one. It totally messes up my game flow when I'm using steam and picture mode. I can't have that. So I just won't use it.

And the fact the disc checks are still active on an exe after all these decades. I thought someone would've just said "Yo, people can buy this game on steam, the disc version is ancient, I'm getting rid of the disc check. It's an inconvenience." I'm not the programmer though, that's on them. It's on me to figure out ways around that.

Frustrating is all.

You can extract the mods and implement them directly if you want to, the reason 7th heaven is used is it makes everything "much" easier in terms of activating the mods and supporting the mods.  It does not modify your game files so its easy to switch back to unmodded gameplay, not so easy when you manually applying mods.

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #552 on: 2021-04-07 01:51:45 »
Alright that's fair. The way this game is coded, it shouldn't even have mods. I'm just upset that a lot of mods are like "use 7th heaven or JUST ours, that's it!" I hate the fact 7th heaven requires admin access to work. Like wasn't there a way around that? There must've been one. It totally messes up my game flow when I'm using steam and picture mode. I can't have that. So I just won't use it.

And the fact the disc checks are still active on an exe after all these decades. I thought someone would've just said "Yo, people can buy this game on steam, the disc version is ancient, I'm getting rid of the disc check. It's an inconvenience." I'm not the programmer though, that's on them. It's on me to figure out ways around that.

Frustrating is all.

A lot of mods can be applied manually, but it would be up to you to educate yourself on how to do everything the long way without causing numerous crashes. Once devs figure out an easier/more convenient way to do something, they move on from the older, more complicated one. Keeping support for the most tedious way to do something seems backwards, imo. In this way, 7H has evolved to fit that need. That it requires a check for a legitimate version of the game has been (from what I've been told) a necessary measure in keeping this long-running community in the company's good (or at least indifferent) graces.
If any of us garnered enough attention with a mod that led to company scrutiny of the community, the very last thing this place would need is finding out that the software distributed here made it possible to disable legitimacy checks. We'd have no one to blame for over a decade of progress being flushed down the toilets just cause people don't want to pay $4-12 for a game. In the name of self preservation, touching that as little as possible is the LEAST we could do.

That being said, if someone had a specific setup for how they like to play their games, with very little flexibility/adaptation-to-change/circumstances on their part, having them getting uppity at a mod developer for not catering to their very specific quirk would seem a bit selfish, wouldn't you say? Don't know if that helps put it in perspective for you

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2021-04-08 01:45:57 »
A lot of mods can be applied manually, but it would be up to you to educate yourself on how to do everything the long way without causing numerous crashes. Once devs figure out an easier/more convenient way to do something, they move on from the older, more complicated one. Keeping support for the most tedious way to do something seems backwards, imo. In this way, 7H has evolved to fit that need. That it requires a check for a legitimate version of the game has been (from what I've been told) a necessary measure in keeping this long-running community in the company's good (or at least indifferent) graces.
If any of us garnered enough attention with a mod that led to company scrutiny of the community, the very last thing this place would need is finding out that the software distributed here made it possible to disable legitimacy checks. We'd have no one to blame for over a decade of progress being flushed down the toilets just cause people don't want to pay $4-12 for a game. In the name of self preservation, touching that as little as possible is the LEAST we could do.

That being said, if someone had a specific setup for how they like to play their games, with very little flexibility/adaptation-to-change/circumstances on their part, having them getting uppity at a mod developer for not catering to their very specific quirk would seem a bit selfish, wouldn't you say? Don't know if that helps put it in perspective for you

Nah I get it. Square Enix must be pretty anal if they would do something like that. I guess I'm used to mod communities like Half Life and Fallout. Valve and Bethesda/Obsidian/Black Isle must be pretty liberal in that I've never heard of any mods over there implementing disc checks, or hell leaving them in if the original game had it. But if that's how Square Enix wants to play, so be it. It'll be up to me figure out a way past that.

Reminds me of Nintendo and and taking down AM2R. Maybe it's a Japanese company thing. Eh.

Edit: Now that I think about it. I don't think Reunion implements any disc checks. I'll have to test that out. Been a while since I used it. Maybe you guys are a bit more strict/careful.

Onizuka

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2021-04-08 15:26:01 »

My mod ESUI will adjust the max hours that can be displayed, there is also other menu mods but I am not sure if they do it as well.

I see, thanks! But which option does activate this? I downloaded "Enhanced Stock UI-rel2" but I can't find an option for the clock. Also, I cannot activate all those UI mods as they're creating a conflict with the translation mod.
Which option exactly is for rising the max playtime hours of the clock?

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #555 on: 2021-04-08 20:29:04 »
Now that I think about it. I don't think Reunion implements any disc checks. I'll have to test that out.

Go for it, try it out if you think you'll like it. Letting you know in advance though that it doesn't play well with nearly any other mod due to the way its implemented. Hilariously, sometimes it doesn't even play well with itself.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #556 on: 2021-04-09 04:24:08 »
Go for it, try it out if you think you'll like it. Letting you know in advance though that it doesn't play well with nearly any other mod due to the way its implemented. Hilariously, sometimes it doesn't even play well with itself.

that's really not true on either account, i make it my business to install every mod out there that i can find for FF7, i've got dual setups with reunion and ffnx+7h on 3 different PCs

the reunion installations boot up successfully the first time, every time - and i cant say the same about 7h

as far as mods go, complex UIs + gameplay mods are about all that cant be used in reunion... (because reunion comes with a UI mod, menu enhancement - and the translation interferes with gameplay mods... but you can turn that off and still use the gameplay mods that way) which ends up being a very small percentage of mods out there - i'm also in the process of bridging the UI gap as well, but i wont go into a reunion feature list since this isnt the place

the point is... if we're doing a 7h vs reunion stability competition, reunion wins easily and its not even close

and your claim of reunion not playing well with "nearly any other mod" is also almost the complete opposite of the truth - i can think of 4, and those 4 actually work just not with 100% functionality

i have the right to criticize 7h or FFNx if i feel like it because i actually use them and know what i'm talking about, i criticize reunion a lot too but then those things get fixed  :wink:

Luigi

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2021-04-09 05:40:51 »
I have been getting this error message every time i tr to launch the game with mods activated, i have already tried to reinstall both the game and 7th heaven but it did not work

"System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
parameter name: ptr
in
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFun
ctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
in EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.GetDelegate[T](String
name)
in
EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.RtIGetlastErrorStringCopy0
in SeventhHeaven.Classes.Gamelauncher.LaunchGame
(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug, Boolean
launchWithNoMods, Boolean LaunchWithNoValidation)"

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2021-04-09 09:34:07 »
I see, thanks! But which option does activate this? I downloaded "Enhanced Stock UI-rel2" but I can't find an option for the clock. Also, I cannot activate all those UI mods as they're creating a conflict with the translation mod.
Which option exactly is for rising the max playtime hours of the clock?

There is no specific option its just automatically enabled when the mod is on.

Which translation mod are you using?

Hot Coldman

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2021-04-10 17:11:33 »
I can use 2.0 just fine, except field textures won't load on 2.0. BUT whenever I launch ff7 with 2.2, I get

23:23:11|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr;  ...
23:23:11|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
23:23:11|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.GetDelegate[T](String name)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.RtlGetLastErrorStringCopy()
   at SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher.LaunchGame(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug, Boolean launchWithNoMods, Boolean LaunchWithNoValidation)

Ive tried running as admin etc. Ive also tried deleting the settings.xml as I know it say theres a nul value somewhere.... Kinda frustrated, Im hoping its something.... simple. Yes I have also reinstalled both 7th heaven and FFVII in different places on my hard drive. Even used the registry cleaning tool for ffvii and I am dumbfounded...

Asfar as I can tell there's some null error or easyhook error? No idea. On windows 10.

Hot Coldman

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2021-04-11 11:39:56 »
Holy cow. I worked on fixing this for 4 days and tinkered with so many .extensions and file properties that I had
never even heard of before and I finally got it working with all the textures loading and no injection errors ever.
I can finally play the game for the 1st time without Popeye characters and pixelated low res backgrounds. Nice!!

I hope I will never have to deal with .toml files and easyhook dll's again. Haha. I had to do that to get it working.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-11 11:43:13 by Hot Coldman »

Onizuka

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2021-04-11 13:24:29 »

There is no specific option its just automatically enabled when the mod is on.

Which translation mod are you using?

It's Caledor Italian translation mod.

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2021-04-11 19:52:54 »
It's Caledor Italian translation mod.

Caledor's Italian Translation mod natively supports its own interface mod, you can find it in his thread under "High Res Italian Textures' IRO" (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18903.0).

Of course you can use Caledor's translation with Enhanced Stock UI: you just have to install it but keep "High Res Italian Textures' IRO" deactivated because it would create a conflict.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-11 20:00:29 by Khrone »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2021-04-13 09:26:15 »
Holy cow. I worked on fixing this for 4 days and tinkered with so many .extensions and file properties that I had
never even heard of before and I finally got it working with all the textures loading and no injection errors ever.
I can finally play the game for the 1st time without Popeye characters and pixelated low res backgrounds. Nice!!

I hope I will never have to deal with .toml files and easyhook dll's again. Haha. I had to do that to get it working.

Glad to see, I need to make a post about 7h 2.0 now as the qhimm mod files were converted to use DDS which is a problem for the 7h 2.0 package.

I made a sticky on a way to get round the easyhook startup problem, the null error I am not sure off hand for the fix for that.

einhander

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2021-05-10 16:21:54 »
The 2.2 version broke linux (wine) support of run FF7, with or without mods :'(
The 2.0 version runs FF7 without mods OK.

Jonesin4Rock

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2021-05-15 18:47:04 »
Sorry if this has been posted before,   turning my Xbox One wireless controller on and off seems to be crashing me fairly often,   anyone else have this issue or know a fix for it?

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2021-05-24 00:48:23 »
The game runs fine when I load it from 7H, but the texture mods won't load - the files are already in the Textures folder, and I've got 7H looking at the right place in settings. So I don't know what's going on. Even when I run it straight from the .exe it doesn't load the textures even though it did before.

EDIT: I figured it out, somewhat. i hadn't realized that the path for loading hext files had changed with the newer version of 7H. Most of them work, and the textures load properly along with them. But the cheats (like save anywhere) still won't. Do I need to find a new version for those? Oh and also, 7H keeps overwriting my modified ff7.exe file. Is there way to tell it not to do this?
« Last Edit: 2021-05-24 02:50:25 by Jairus »

rootpath

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2021-06-08 18:47:11 »
How do I solve "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel"? It only happens for select mods, specifically Satsuki.

Edit: Had to update to the canary build of 7th.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-08 19:45:53 by rootpath »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2021-06-29 11:32:14 »
The game runs fine when I load it from 7H, but the texture mods won't load - the files are already in the Textures folder, and I've got 7H looking at the right place in settings. So I don't know what's going on. Even when I run it straight from the .exe it doesn't load the textures even though it did before.

EDIT: I figured it out, somewhat. i hadn't realized that the path for loading hext files had changed with the newer version of 7H. Most of them work, and the textures load properly along with them. But the cheats (like save anywhere) still won't. Do I need to find a new version for those? Oh and also, 7H keeps overwriting my modified ff7.exe file. Is there way to tell it not to do this?

Inside 7h mods, the path for hext is the same as it was way back in 7h 1.5, although ffnx has its own direct hext path for injecting hext files that are not loaded via mods.

Regarding customised executables they were deprecated, so are more difficult to use now, but it can still be done, rename the executable then in 7h general settings, point to the exe in the top box.  However bear in mind any mod may break if not using the standard executable, that is the reason it is overwritten.  Especially the case as the exe is now patched for PAE which allows larger mods to work within 7h and ffnx.

gigadeth

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2021-08-04 15:50:00 »
its work on steam version?

Dahlderan

• View Profile

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Hello I would like to try some of the mods packed as IRO only but am unable to use 7th Heaven is there a tool (for linux) to extract the iro files? If not can you point me to how the iro's are made so i can make such a tool .

Corman2008

• View Profile
i installed the mods and when i try to Launch the game through 7th Heaven with mods i get this
"### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying English game files exist ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
Creating missing required directories ...
Verifying additional files for 'battle' and 'kernel' folders exist ...
Verifying all movie files exist ...
Verifying music files exist ...
Verifying latest game driver is installed ...
   Copying C:\7th Heaven\Resources\Game Driver\GameDriver.cfg -> D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FFNx.cfg ...
   FFNx.dll file is up to date.
Verifying game driver shaders folders exist ...
Verifying ff7 exe ...
Checking a profile is active ...
Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
Checking mod load order requirements ...
Looking for game disc ...
Found game disc at E:\ ...
Applying changed values to registry ...
Copying ff7input.cfg to FF7 path ...
   using control configuration file 1998 KB+PlayStation (Stock).cfg ...
   Copying C:\7th Heaven\Resources\Controls\1998 KB+PlayStation (Stock).cfg -> D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg ...
Creating Runtime Profile ...
   adding paths to monitor ...
Copying EasyHook.dll to FF7 path (if not found or older version detected) ...
   skipped copying EasyHook.dll ...
   skipped copying EasyHook32.dll ...
Checking if Reunion mod is installed ...
   found: False
Launching additional programs to run (if any) ...
Writing temporary runtime profile file to C:\Users\light\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9E70.tmp ...
Attempting to inject with EasyHook ...
Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
Exception occurred while trying to start FF7 ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details."

https://i.imgur.com/51tDFQT.png
so im not sure what to do with it to get it working with Mods