Author Topic: Swapping character models for battle.lgp? (PC Steam version)  (Read 901 times)

andimtheace

• View Profile
Hey friends, I'm a longtime user who once frequented this board literally 10 years ago - suddenly got inspired to do a basic swap of Barret for Sephiroth in battle so I rejoined the community again today.

I've used Aali's tools in the past and was successfully able to locate Sephiroth and Barret's files in battle.lgp, but I have no idea what to do from here. Do I literally manually rename all of Sephiroth's (starting from saaa) files to Barret's 152 files individually, or is there an easier way? Maybe there's an FF7 character editor program??

After excavating the archives I found this page that pointed me in the right direction (as well as other guys who found some success):

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15885.0

Should mention that I'm editing the Japanese FF7 PC version, but for the most part I found the file locations similar to Steam's.

Hoping to get some an advice from the pros who could help a novice out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!