Author Topic: Full scale character mods which work nice with The Reunion and Ninostyle mod.  (Read 3435 times)

junglized

• God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I moved to Linux sometime ago and using 7th heaven is not an option for me now since it just doesn't work either with Wine or Proton. The Reunion, on the other hand, works flawlessly. Unfortunately there are only a few mods ready to work out of the box with The Reunion. I have SYW 4 installed along with Ninostyle character mod (both dl'd from The Reunion website). The only thing is I don't want to use Nino's chibi models, although they're great, full sized ones look better IMHO. And here comes the problem. Model overhaul needs to be tunned off for Nino's models to work with Reunion and that creates discrepancy between Nino's mod and the rest of the game. Is there a way to retain full scale characters and add full scale NPCs with Reunion without having model overhaul turned on?

All help is highly appreciated, thank you!
« Last Edit: 2022-02-10 18:56:46 by junglized »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Someone around here may know, but the best place to ask about Reunion stuff would probably be their community/Discord.

Having said that, it is possible to use 7th Heaven mods and FFNx (which is required by a lot of 7th Heaven mods) on Linux. You just have to unpack the iro's and put things in the correct directories. Of course it won't be as easy as using the 7H GUI, but it'll be about the same process as installing mods on Reunion.

Also, love the Eva theme you got going on.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Hi all,

I moved to Linux sometime ago and using 7th heaven is not an option for me now since it just deoesn't work either with Wine or Proton. The Reunion, on the other hand, works flawlessly. Unfortunately there are only a few mods ready to work out of the box with The Reunion. I have SYW 4 installed along with Ninostyle character mod (both dl'd from The Reunion website). The only thing is I don't want to use Nino's chibi models, although they're great, full sized ones looks better IMHO. And here comes the problem. Model overhaul needs to be tunned off for Nino's models to work with Reunion and that creates discrepancy between Nnino's mod and the rest of the game. Is there a way to retain full scale characters and add full scale NPCs with Reunion without having model overhaul turned on?

All help is highly appreciated, thank you!

you can keep model overhaul on and use nino's models at the same time if you install nino's direct version of the mod in CUSTOM rather than GLOBAL, then Nino's models will just overwrite the full sized models

junglized

• View Profile
Someone around here may know, but the best place to ask about Reunion stuff would probably be their community/Discord.

Having said that, it is possible to use 7th Heaven mods and FFNx (which is required by a lot of 7th Heaven mods) on Linux. You just have to unpack the iro's and put things in the correct directories. Of course it won't be as easy as using the 7H GUI, but it'll be about the same process as installing mods on Reunion.

Also, love the Eva theme you got going on.

I followed -Ori's advice on using CUSTOM folder in The Reunion and it worked. I managed to run Ninostyle character mod with character overhaul option turned on and it looks great now. I saw some moves going on, on 7th Heaven's GitHub page, towards Proton compatibility. Maybe devs will manage to make it work with Steam on Linux eventually.

I love Evangelion, read manga and watched anime, including Rebuild of Evangelion, multiple times. Definitely my favs next to Mamoru Oshi's and Makoto Shinkai's work.

junglized

• View Profile
you can keep model overhaul on and use nino's models at the same time if you install nino's direct version of the mod in CUSTOM rather than GLOBAL, then Nino's models will just overwrite the full sized models

That worked like a charm, and after I finally learned how to use CUSTOM folder I started combining multiple mods together for ultimate FF VII experience.

Thank you, your advice is much appreciated.  :)

AbelGraves

• View Profile
First off, apologies of necroing a year old thread, but I have a pretty easy solution for anyone wanting to use 7th Heaven on a Linux based system.

I found this Youtube tutorial that solved the problem for me on my Steam Deck.

https://youtu.be/6c2e6H1pzhg