Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425551 times)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #700 on: 2005-12-22 12:09:14 »
The patch is great, but it doesnt change any things oín the world map or in the menu!
Can u tell me hpw to do that pls?
(Ive got the german version)

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2006-01-06 02:45:46 »
Hi. First post :) But i've been here for awhile...

Well, my problem, everytime i install this i get error saying something like this: fail to load bvjf.yos <- or something similar(too lazy to install it again,it would be like 14th time) Without this patch game works fine, works fine with resolution patch and music patch, i wonder what's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

*NOTE* I have read the newbies guide AND i'm SURE that i have installed it correctly..

System specs:

Pentium IV 2.53 GHZ
1024DDR Ram
Radeon9600XT 128MB

Latest drivers and 1.02 game patch installed.

vidhath

Yuffie
« Reply #702 on: 2006-01-07 14:20:23 »
Hey I'm having a problem with getting Yuffie.
Everytime I beat her in the fight and the screen is supposed to switch to the one with her lying on the ground, the game freezes up. Anyone else have a similarproblem and is there a fix?

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2006-01-07 23:02:21 »
Omg, i registerd (cus I've been here for 1 year just reading) and i just registeras I mentioned before to tell you this IS NOT a fucking FAQ topic, is it?

Well, back to reading, os: ty for making this wonderfull ff additions

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2006-01-14 12:34:30 »
ok, I don't want to bug you, but I have request. I don't know if this is good place for this but ... ok
Could someone do a AC Cloud model? I know you can't do the same model...but from scratch....like Reunion's model and change the left arm with  Hojo's arm...hair the same[maybe little lower?] step by step... what do you think? Is that possible?
I am asking you because i can't work with those tools  :(  And i really would like to play FF7 with that model...
Thank you all for answers.

ESPerion

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2006-01-15 01:29:25 »
to Method:

AC Cloud has the fluttering cape thingie.. which won't be animated in FF7 as there's no bone for his cape. if i can figure out how to use all these tools, i reckon i can do an AC Cloud since my major is 3D Anim.

but the 1st thing is to figure out how to do all this... anyone cares to tell me how to import those .p model files into maya 'n export them back? ^^;;

Findecano

« Reply #706 on: 2006-01-15 07:17:49 »
Reunion, the Patch is really great, but i have one Question.
The Patch should change things on the worldmap too, but on my System there is stille the SD Model on the World Map. Do you know, how to fix this? I have a German Version of FF7 with the English ff7.exe and ff7konfig.exe

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2006-01-15 08:17:25 »
ESPerion, sorry to tell you that there is no way (yet) to convert a model to P format. Alhexx is working on it, but there seems to be a long way to go yet.
Findecano, the world-map models should be updated too. The problem is that you can't install it in the German version. You should have the US version of worldmap.lgp in order to use the patch perfectly.

Findecano

« Reply #708 on: 2006-01-15 17:46:20 »
Thanks for the info. Well i think I'll have to wait for an GErman Version of the Patch, or buy the US VErsion of the Game

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2006-01-15 18:06:56 »
And without that cape? You know. As much as you can do to him... ?

ESPerion

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2006-01-15 20:36:57 »
unfortunately as Borde pointed out, we can use biturn to convert .p to 3ds and go from there but we can't convert it back to .p ... so maybe not yet. 'side, one should learn to do with the current hi-poly reunion patch ^o^.

that, and i'm also not sure about the poly limit of the ff7 engine... among other stuff. so 'til then, AC Cloud's gotta wait in the corner. or like others are trying to do, u can swap parts in and out (yuffie's leftie in with some changes) to fashion ur own AC Cloud :p

thenandoman

« Reply #711 on: 2006-01-16 06:01:29 »
my bad i was trying to download the lighting fix that reunion released and the link on pg 3 doesn't work... is there a way to get this??

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2006-01-16 06:47:06 »
thenandoman, that lighting fix is actually an early version of the Reunion Patch that only covered Cloud. It says lighting fix because the older version had no lighing at all (the normals of the polygons where set to 0).

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2006-01-16 13:16:22 »
Quote from: ESPerion
u can swap parts in and out (yuffie's leftie in with some changes) to fashion ur own AC Cloud :p

Yeah, but i told you. I can't. These programs don't work for me  :(
That is why I'm asking you guys..

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2006-01-16 16:50:03 »
What problems do you have with those programs exactly? Maybe we can help.

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2006-01-17 14:55:26 »
1. I don't have now FF7  :wink:  
2. Ok but when I had it, I,ve downloaded the program [name? :o ] and there was an error :z  message says that there was no xyz.dll - whatsoever - on my PC. I've downloaded that dll but still error was there. So I got mad and gave back FF7 to my cousin..... argh...
could someone just try to rip hojo's..left arm, colour it black and glue with cloud model? :wink: If this is pointless than I'm off this Idea.. Thank you for your help :)

Myonosken

« Reply #716 on: 2006-01-21 10:41:43 »
Hey.

I love this project and what you are doing, and have just three questions.

1)I keep seeing 'SD' and 'NSD', what the heck does that mean?

2)Is the link on the front page the newest version? Just wondering as all my char's arms are messed up.

3) Can you repost the full NPC link? Your site appears to have been taken down.

Thanks a lot!

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2006-01-21 12:26:10 »
SD means "Super Deform". It basically means big head, hand and feet. Like original FF7 field models or FF9 models. Non-SD y simply normal-proportined models (like those used in battles). I like SD models because they look better in-game. They fit better with the original animations and have less clipping problems. But most people seems to prefer the Non-SD ones, so that's why we do 2 versions of the models.
Mmmm... yeah, I should post a new link.

Myonosken

« Reply #718 on: 2006-02-09 14:12:09 »
I know there is now the NPC reconstruction project, so I was wondering- did you ever fix the incorrectly placed hands and feet on the animations or is that never going to happen?

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #719 on: 2006-02-24 10:02:58 »
Could anyone tell me please how to make the patch change the models in menu_us and world_us because it just changes the char.lgp file.
Ive got the german game.

Enya

• View Profile
Damnit
« Reply #720 on: 2006-02-25 13:34:05 »
Its not evryday you get stumbled across a mod this great, which also makes it frustrating when you dont get how to even install it at all. Call me stupid if you want, but i´m having trouble understanding the readme  :roll:

Really. Makes me feel real dumb when writing this message but i dont get a clue on wat you should do at all from step number 1 to 4. I have modyfied FF7 a couple of times and have the programs neccesary like the LGP tools, but if someone could give me a real super detailed faq on how to apply this mod, even how long it would become i would become greatly appreciated. Dont be afraid to write it like you were talking to a 3 year old child  :wink:

Thankyou //the dumb one

kasumimi

Re: Damnit
« Reply #721 on: 2006-03-24 05:05:03 »
Quote from: Enya
Its not evryday you get stumbled across a mod this great, which also makes it frustrating when you dont get how to even install it at all. Call me stupid if you want, but i´m having trouble understanding the readme  :roll:

Really. Makes me feel real dumb when writing this message but i dont get a clue on wat you should do at all from step number 1 to 4. I have modyfied FF7 a couple of times and have the programs neccesary like the LGP tools, but if someone could give me a real super detailed faq on how to apply this mod, even how long it would become i would become greatly appreciated. Dont be afraid to write it like you were talking to a 3 year old child  :wink:

Thankyou //the dumb one

I had trouble installing and took me about 2 hours even while browsing for helpfull posts/replies in this amazing thread.

All u need is: http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4451

A simply incredible player made patch...I'm extremely impressed.

ssuutb

« Reply #722 on: 2006-03-25 12:57:48 »
I just reverted to SD mode after applying the Reunion patch--very nice work, I just found the scene with Cloud (as a Reunionized character) and his mother a little jarring.

Anyway, since reverting, the game is running at a higher speed than it did before. Is there anything I can do besides a reinstall?

FantasyClover

« Reply #723 on: 2006-04-10 03:59:07 »
hi i really need help and hope someone can help me out.

i know someone JUST asked about the blocky deformed cloud on the world map.  the proportional one works in towns and in battle fields, but in the world map its just huge and blocky.  i have the english version, but its still like that.  any suggestions?  please help me  :isee:

sanjiyan

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2006-04-10 07:20:51 »
maybe it's the type and amount of lighting? I'm guessing the amount of diffuse and ambient lighting is different (which has no direction, just a scalar amount).

This is just what I've learned in class about graphics; me thinks at this point the graphics weren't powerful enough to consider specular and emmisive lighting at this point.

I'm not sure how d3d implements its tho; all of my experience is in ogl.