Author Topic: FF7 - Cutscenes playing at the wrong time. - FIXED  (Read 2354 times)

thesirspence

• View Profile
Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere before

I need help, I modded my steam version of FF7 and had this issue then went back to a clean install and it continues.

I keep getting cut scenes out of order.

As an example, when the Sector 7 plate falls and I am about to swing out of danger, I get a FMV detailing the Shin-Ra bikes and cars. When I first arrive on floor 60 of the Shin-Ra HQ I get the final cutscene with Meteor and the Lifestream.

sometimes the cut scenes don't display at all. When I click to view the Shin-Ra bikes and cars the game crashes.

Someone on another forum suggested that I do this:

The only help I can give you is to (choose one or try several):
a) Try verifying the game cache.
b) Delete all videos and then verify the game cache.
c) Delete the entire folder and then verify the game cache, or uninstall, delete the whole folder and reinstall.
d) Give us further information on what kind of "clean install" you did.
e) Uninstall, delete every registry key with Final Fantasy VII or FFVII, delete the folder, move all savegames to a different location, install again. Note that you can seriously mess up your Windows if you don't know what you do, so do NOT do this if you are inexperienced with the Windows Registry.

I have tried all of them including point E and sadly nothing works. Also I am now at a point where the game crashes just before its about to play a cut scene, escaping Midgar on a bike.

The game is currently unplayable.

Can someone please help? I just want to play my favourite game and love this game.

Thanks,

Spence
« Last Edit: 2016-11-09 19:55:52 by thesirspence »

thesirspence

• View Profile
Re: FF7 - Cutscenes playing at the wrong time. - FIXED
« Reply #1 on: 2016-11-09 19:56:54 »
I played around with my save in Black Chocobo and noticed it had the disk set to 3. I changed this to 1 and loaded the save. It worked!

I hope this helps someone out in the future.