Author Topic: Sephiroth replace cait sith  (Read 5114 times)

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
Sephiroth replace cait sith
« on: 2009-06-16 12:57:54 »
im trying to change the normal field appearance of caith sith to Sephiroth but it prove unsuccessful somebody can help me to do that(for now i dont care if the animations made "Sephiroth" Jumping all around like Cait Sith) i just want for him to be the apearance of Sephiroth

i have tried something like taking the Sephiroth Field model and saving it into Caith Sith field model, and its buggy, Sephiroth is kind of limbo position and whe he walks he jump staying in limbo:P

i hope someone can help me and if it works for me i will try to made a patch and post it, or if someone wants to do it himself its welcome

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Sephiroth replace cait sith
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-16 13:56:50 »
and whoever has knowledge of this can maybe help with my cait sith project too :)

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-16 16:36:43 »
i test other things that result as failing too, but i try to choose some limit i could give to Sephy,  i test to give him transform(one of caith sith slots result) and it work,  what is worse than Sephiroth, a Big giant Sephiroth  :evil:

Viashino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-17 00:14:45 »
its simple find all the files related to sephiroth and caith sith and just rename all the sephiroth files to the name of the cait sith files  such as animations and such along with hrc and do the same with cait sith so it will be reversed

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-17 02:49:17 »
Not that I've ever tried that, but it should easily work.  It won't prevent him from jumping, though.  I guess Sephiroth will just have to be a little high on sugar during those scenes :-P

When Seifer's "Get Rid of Cait Sith" Project is done, it should be easier to replace the new character with Sephiroth, since the new character will be human.  Hopefully, all of the hard things to deal with will be dealt with for you at that point.  The downside is that it'll involve some patience on your part; it isn't *quite* done yet :-)

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-22 20:25:11 »
iv got a new problem whenever i try to give him limits level 2 Sephiroth the Slot starts whatever limit i give him, i try giving him greased lightning

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-23 00:53:31 »
What method do you use to change his limit breaks?

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-23 14:13:28 »
i use wall market,  only the first limit of level one work i hope there is a way to solve this

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-24 02:24:04 »
I never tried it, but if you're using Wall Market, then there might not be... at least, not that anyone knows of.

If you want to get rid of Slots and changing limits doesn't do the trick, then maybe (and this may be a little complex) you could do the trick by changing around character IDs?  It seems to me that with Cait Sith's character ID, he always uses Slots at level 2.  Most likely, you'll get a similar problem with Tifa.  Any other character should not give you trouble therefore.