Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 694815 times)

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #725 on: 2010-04-08 19:30:36 »
me too...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2010-04-08 23:44:40 »
Are you still having problems with NSIS titeguy? If so PM me with your script and i can take a look at it.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #727 on: 2010-04-12 04:50:54 »
I saw this today, I thought it might apply.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103618

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #728 on: 2010-04-12 05:03:34 »
I saw this today, I thought it might apply.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103618
You're still babbling about your arguments?

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2010-04-12 10:00:36 »
I'm not working on anything?  I thought I was.

Maybe your time would be spent more productively working on something that isn't already being done by the company.

Yeah i am sure it would be more productive. But much less enjoyable. I see no reason to stop working on my project, even if square remakes the game.

Kinda like what happened on other modding community where i "leech".
This community has been modding Fallout 1/2 for years, and even though Bethesda made Fallout 3, they continued to make Fallout 1/2 close to perfection, adding new locations (that were intended by the original devs but were never implemented), adding differet models (instead of having like 20 and use them for different chars), bugfixing the vanilla game, and the list goes on.

The difference was that Fallout 3 had different developers than FO 1/2 had. So FO3 was a bit off what the old fans wanted. The engine even changed from an 2d turn based rpg to a fps rpg.

Even though this wont probably happen to FFVII, since the devs might be the same, and japs are usually neat on this kind of things, a remake even if its the best thing ever, wont change the fact that we've played the original FF7 for about 13 years and it'll always have a special place in us. That's why dedicated people will continue to improve it, even if a remake comes out, because "we're" creating our own remake of FFVII here.

As a fan, i think Changeling should give a step at a time and try to focus on 1 project at a time, for example get his FF6 mod to perfection finished. I and others would appreciate that.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-12 10:02:53 by Nightmarish »

AngeBleu

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2010-04-12 15:05:34 »
The Add On Pack works or not ?  ???

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2010-04-12 18:52:10 »
The Add On Pack works or not ?  ???

Try it, but back up your world_us.lgp first.

Eldiablo

« Reply #732 on: 2010-04-13 09:36:52 »
Hello all, brand new to these forums, and I felt like going back to ff7 to enjoy the nostalgia with the upgraded models that you all were kind enough to create, but i'm having one very annoying (and unique?) problem that I haven't seen anyone else report. Once I simply run the installer for the PRP model replacement, I get an error window titled Feature Transfer Error

Window details are exactly as follows

Feature: DefaultFeature
Component:  (empty)
File: (empty)
Error:                    Catastrophic Failure

I have the 1.02 patch, and am using Alii's custom driver with my resolution enhanced to 1280x1024. I made sure the game ran perfectly before trying the model replacement patch as well. I am on WinXP SP3
Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: After a few hours of clean installing and screwing around with the files it works perfectly and i have no idea what happened.. Awesome job on the models, everything looks better ten fold!
« Last Edit: 2010-04-15 03:04:43 by Eldiablo »

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2010-04-14 17:07:22 »
What are you guys using as installer?  I understand these scripts but what are they being run in? Or are you making it from scratch?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Colonel Ramsay

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2010-04-14 17:51:57 »
cheers :)  looks straight forward enough, I will make my own installer soon too :)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2010-04-14 17:55:40 »
cheers :)  looks straight forward enough, I will make my own installer soon too :)

PM me if you need any help.

SpectroPro

« Reply #737 on: 2010-04-17 21:50:24 »
Howdy all...also new on here. Read this thread and trying to get the hi-res working..  Guess I'll spend a few more hours.  As for those that think there will be a remake of 7...I suggest you do a bit of homework. Square and everyone else involved has said numerous times there will NOT be a remake of 7.  While there have been little sneak peaks over the years of what it would be, or look like, they have stated over and over that they simply don't have the people or the time.  The original ff7 crew are all working on other projects.  So while I would be the first in line to buy it...I have come to live with the fact that it just isn't going to happen...

That said..  Can someone, now that it is years later...  please post an updated set of instructions to get the absolute best graphics working with ff7, including links to the files that will be required.  Oh...like that actually work.  :) 

Then, a step by step guide for those of us that don't have several hours just to play around trying to get it to work...would be great.   I have a newer system with dual monitors (ff7 stock runs just fine on here) os: XP w/sp3 (32bit), 3.2 gigs memory, ATI HD3850 512meg GDDR3, and running DirectX 10 (yes, there is a great DX10 project for XP...), 18.5TB drive space (yeah, you read that right)

I think it would help (the step by step with links) many people that are trying to again fall in love with this game and want it to run and look it's absolute best.

Thanks!  And glad to be here...

Greg

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2010-04-17 23:06:30 »
Howdy all...also new on here. Read this thread and trying to get the hi-res working..  Guess I'll spend a few more hours.  As for those that think there will be a remake of 7...I suggest you do a bit of homework. Square and everyone else involved has said numerous times there will NOT be a remake of 7.  While there have been little sneak peaks over the years of what it would be, or look like, they have stated over and over that they simply don't have the people or the time.  The original ff7 crew are all working on other projects.  So while I would be the first in line to buy it...I have come to live with the fact that it just isn't going to happen...

That said..  Can someone, now that it is years later...  please post an updated set of instructions to get the absolute best graphics working with ff7, including links to the files that will be required.  Oh...like that actually work.  :) 

Then, a step by step guide for those of us that don't have several hours just to play around trying to get it to work...would be great.   I have a newer system with dual monitors (ff7 stock runs just fine on here) os: XP w/sp3 (32bit), 3.2 gigs memory, ATI HD3850 512meg GDDR3, and running DirectX 10 (yes, there is a great DX10 project for XP...), 18.5TB drive space (yeah, you read that right)

I think it would help (the step by step with links) many people that are trying to again fall in love with this game and want it to run and look it's absolute best.

Thanks!  And glad to be here...

Greg
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8915.0
3 steps, install game, install patch, click on ff7 shortcut on desktop.

VampyreStuart

« Reply #739 on: 2010-04-19 17:51:06 »
Hey I was just wondering a few things:
1. What's the latest release of Phoenix Rejuvenation Project?

2. Should I just wait for the next release? (Is it soon?)

3. I've installed 1.02 patch, OpenGL Patch, YAMP and High Quality In Battle Cloud. Are any of them incompatible?

4. Does this just include field NPCs or in Battle ones too? (i.e. should I try and get the High Quality In Battle Tifa/Barrett etc.)

5. Where do I download the latest copy and how do I install it?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2010-05-03 15:53:25 »
Hey I was just wondering a few things:
1. What's the latest release of Phoenix Rejuvenation Project?

2. Should I just wait for the next release? (Is it soon?)

3. I've installed 1.02 patch, OpenGL Patch, YAMP and High Quality In Battle Cloud. Are any of them incompatible?

4. Does this just include field NPCs or in Battle ones too? (i.e. should I try and get the High Quality In Battle Tifa/Barrett etc.)

5. Where do I download the latest copy and how do I install it?
1.The projects been stopped. What a shame. :-[ what you can download on the 1st page is the latest I believe.
2.As what I've read and said I think it stopped.
3.Yeah that looks good OpenGL is the driver. YAMP touches only the .exe file and the high quality battle cloud affects the battle.lgp. they are compatible. Just a suggestion though, why don't you use Apz Cloud's battle model? I think it's the best model for cloud. :)
4.Only the NPCs.
5.You will need the game installed on the default folder. "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII." You install it by just running the installer and follow the steps and you should see two new icons in the desktop.
Now there are two ways to use PRP. One is by clicking the new blue desktop icon but they are incompatible with opengl I think. Or Two which is what I'm using. Go to "C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data" and you should see a new folder which is ffprp. Now make backups of your char.lgp and battle.lgp just in case. now rename 00.lgp as char.lgp and 01.lgp as battle.lgp. I'm not sure because i did this method a long time ago and I forgot if 00.lgp is the char.lgp or the battle.lgp but just in case also make a backup of it. after that replace your battle.lgp and field.lgp with the new ones and run the game using the .exe file or FF7Music if your using it.
Good Luck. :)

jessey92

« Reply #741 on: 2010-05-07 07:54:32 »

Did this ever get released? I installed the PRP patch but the minigame models are still the same  ???

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2010-05-12 22:52:37 »
I'm trying to do that for my own. Never thought someone had already done this. BTW the PRP Patch only changes the worldmap models and the field models so basically the minigames stay untouched by the patch.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2010-05-12 23:01:12 »
It only changes the models in the chocobo races I think.

whisperstorm

« Reply #744 on: 2010-05-20 19:33:28 »
Hey guys, is there still anybody working on the field models in another project? Just wondering if somebody picked up the work when RPR stopped.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2010-05-20 19:41:56 »
Well i've been meaning to fix the last one for some time and i'm close to it but stopped after seeing what Team Avalanche is doing

whisperstorm

« Reply #746 on: 2010-05-20 19:56:35 »
And what exactly are they doing? A field model overhaul as well?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2010-05-20 20:22:53 »
Go take a look at project bpmbing mission. Anything graphical in that section of the game will be redone.

jessey92

« Reply #748 on: 2010-05-20 21:39:26 »
Ice_cold513 can you upload all you have done until now please, especially the minigames ones? We can use them while we wait for team avalanche's work which won't be released soon.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2010-05-21 05:57:46 »
Well i've been meaning to fix the last one for some time and i'm close to it but stopped after seeing what Team Avalanche is doing
Why'd you stop?? This is one of the best mods out here and if it continues it will make FF7 gaming much better. :-\