Author Topic: Favorite FF game  (Read 25692 times)

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
Favorite FF game
« Reply #50 on: 2004-03-19 21:14:30 »
Shytor: Chrono Cross was AWESOME!  Great game!  Good story!  Good graphics!  Good music!  Good battle system!  It was really complicated.  Not one of those games you play for a little while then leave it for more than like two weeks before playing it again.  You'll forget something.

Kendrilian :wicked:

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #51 on: 2004-03-31 17:59:06 »
FFVII for absolute damn sure.
My hottie is: Sephiroth!!!!

Nah, just kidding: TIFA!!!! Ow man!

Although, and I still have nightmares only thinkin of it, somehow, do not ask me how, got to date:.............Barret.  :o

*Pukes*  :wink:

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #52 on: 2004-04-01 14:46:01 »
I'm not even going to ask...

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Favorite FF game
« Reply #53 on: 2004-04-02 05:16:03 »
nah, i'd gotta go with rikku from ffx-2 )

Kendrilian

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #54 on: 2004-04-07 15:27:32 »
Tifa is better than Rikku.  But Aries is better than Tifa.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Favorite FF game
« Reply #55 on: 2004-04-08 01:13:46 »
meh i cant stand rikku's cute-ness ><

i havent really looked into aries, but hey, if any of the ff girls were my girlfriend i'd be happy )

fa_pa

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #56 on: 2004-04-08 08:11:10 »
Quote from: Lieron
meh i cant stand rikku's cute-ness ><

i havent really looked into aries, but hey, if any of the ff girls were my girlfriend i'd be happy )

me 2  :wink:

but yuna is the hottest  :wink:

delta

• View Profile
    • http://blogs.japanesestudies.org/
Favorite FF game
« Reply #57 on: 2004-04-08 16:53:03 »
Quote from: fa_pa
but yuna is the hottest  :wink:

i couldn't agree any better :love::love::love:. i personally like her in ffx2's Gunner and Songstress outfit, and also Lady Luck.

her wedding costume is really nice too (in ffx). she kinda looks different, but it's in a good way.

ffx's one of the best games i played, but imo, nothing beats ff8. especially the story. i guess second to that, i like ffx's and kingdom hearts'. ^_^

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Favorite FF game
« Reply #58 on: 2004-04-09 05:10:47 »
meh i still like r\ikku mro ethan yuna ) yuna's a bit too... strange heh

Cyberman

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #59 on: 2004-04-12 03:39:46 »
The one thing about the FF Series is the great stories (post 4 that is ;) ).
FF9 is the only version I've completely however I have all the version for the playstation (including Origins).

Believe it or not I played FF5 first LOL. FF8 then FF7 (in that order).

I'm still not sure what to think of FFX although I've got the ultimate weapons for 2 characters (Yuna and Auron) I think I'll just try to get the sisters summon and try and end the game.

How many have liked FFX-2?  I wonder if I should get it :)

As for which I think are best. FF7 and FF8 .. FF8 is a bit linear but still a good story. FF7 is classic because it created a huge world of adventure you could do things in.. and you weren't tied to doing them in a specific order.  It had a twisty story that could turn your mind into a pretzel.. and I suppose I should finish it too as I remember I'm in the crater now (defeated all the weapons though don't know what that did for me.)

Cyb

Messiah99

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #60 on: 2004-05-03 21:48:13 »
o0o0o0o, a thread I cna muck up by posting on the topic when everyone else is off it!  :D Haha, sorry, had to do it. But anyhow, in order of me own preference.....

FF7 and FF3 (6 Jap) are equal
FF2 (4 Jap) (the first one I ever played)
FF8
FF5 (Jap)

I haven't played 9 or any after, as they were never ported to PC, and I never had a PS or PS2, and as much as I love FF games, I ain't shellin out a shiny red penny for a console that I'm only going to have for FF games, haha. Also I haven't played any of the ones on the NES, though I have those 3 somewhere backed up on a CD with my other NES roms and emulator. Maybe I'll get around to those at some point, who knows. But anyhow, thought I'd drop in my two cents for all to be annoyed by, muahahahaha!!!  :evil:

trickstar66

• View Profile
    • http://radicalgarbage.250free.com
Favorite FF game
« Reply #61 on: 2004-05-14 00:31:02 »
mine would definitely have to be Final Fantasy VIII!  :D
i can relate to the character's feelings depending on mood and you never get tired of the game. the sidequests are fun. and the characters are more down to earth. Garden=school relation. storyline was great. musical score was great. ending was amazing. high replay value. i could go on forever. it's all you want in an RPG. 8)

Naitguolf

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #62 on: 2004-05-14 22:26:42 »
uuummm..... ¿sidequests on FVIII? ¿Minigames? Man... look FFVII :)....... sorry, i found VIII soooo dissapointed (in term of playability) that i hate it. I still like the graphs and characteres (more than FFX) :)

liquidsub

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #63 on: 2004-06-02 05:38:38 »
Can't decide between 7 or 8, depends on mood. Just put them both in 1st. They had great character development. 8 had the best romance, 7 was a tragedy, the boss in 7 is the BEST and you just gotta love Squall and his development through the game, especially the ending. You can really compare Cloud and Squall.

FFT: Simply because it was ADDICTING AS HELL!
FF6 Classic: brings back memories, fun as hell and great character development.
FFX: Crappy story, even my sister agreed. She figured out the ending at the very beginning while Tidus was still narrarating. Which took about 8 minutes. I guess I enjoyed the way it was so addicting. The romance wasn't that bad either. But the best romance goes to Squall and Rinoa in FF8.
FF4: First FF game, true classic- fun characters, great catchy music. Fun loving game!
FFX-2: Um.... what the hell were they thinking? If I wanted to I could beat it by playing the import because the story was so bad and simple, I was able to understand it even though it was all in Japanese. Why are they wearing skanky outfits? I'm not in the mood to jerk off, I want a good story with typical FF romance!
FF9: Not bad until the 3rd disc. It became horrid. Nothing ever developed....
FF11: Interesting... giant world you can easily get lost in, play with Japanese people, and be bored after a half hour. I wish I can give it another chance and be able to play with a friend online, but it looks like the same crap over and over. Pay 12 a month? Fuck you, I'm not paying for a mediocre game!
FF5: Do I care yet? Do I care yet? Just like 9, nothing develops.
FF Mystic Quest: I used to have fun with it, but there was nothing else to it. Just a little unknown FF game.
FF3: Onions make my breath smell bad. So do onion knights smell bad? I bet they never shower. I never played this game much, but I'll give it another shot.
FF2: Never played much.
FF1: There's no story and Square failed to make one. I'll wait for the GBA release which I doubt will be any better anyway. But it saves me from working on a game when a better version will come out soon.
FF legends: Old gameboy game I played at my friend's house on his old big fat GB. It's not even FF they just named it FF but I'm putting it on the list just to be a dick and show off how I played every FF game including the ones no one ever played. Hated it. Hard to remember...
Legends 2 3 and Adventures: Same.
FF's for NES: Sorry, I can handle SNES graphics, but not NES.

Relf

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #64 on: 2004-06-02 13:25:35 »
liquidsub had it right except re[lace x and x-2 which I hated with the nes games  :wink:

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
Favorite FF game
« Reply #65 on: 2004-06-02 16:08:52 »
Messiah99

There are a lot of game on the Playstation2 that are worth playing....not just FF titles.  Besides it's worth it just for FF10, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid2, Shadow Hearts, Onimusha, Fatal Frame, and Xenosaga.
And soon to be released: MSG3, KH2, FF12, Xenosaga Ep.2, Star Ocean 3, Growlanser, Shadow Hearts 2, and Fullmetal Alchemist . (I'm going off of American releases, BTW. Xenosaga and gears may be hard to play if you live in Europe....but I hear that Xenosaga Ep1 and 2 will be released for Europe, next year. I guess they still need to use ePSXe for Xenogears.)

Then you have the PS1 libary....which is huge....of course with a little understanding of ePSXe, you can get them to work on a PC...but it's much easier just using a PS2. The sucky thing about the PS2 in this matter is that it plays PS1 games badly. It slows down on a few animation things and has a tendency of long load times for some reason. But you have all of Squaresoft's library to play. And tons of others......

I used to be a PC'er, too. And I can tell you that the PS2 has better games than the PC does, if you want story content such as Final Fantasy games.

PC do First Person Shooters, Simulations, and Strategy games better, but you can only do so many before you get tired of them.

Believe me, buying a PS2 won't be a waste if you like RPG's such as Final Fantasy.

Relf

• View Profile
Favorite FF game
« Reply #66 on: 2004-06-02 16:24:37 »
The zelda series was great to, so its not just playstation

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
Favorite FF game
« Reply #67 on: 2004-06-02 20:50:36 »
Xenosaga was great, though I have yet to finish it. I'm about 30 hours in, and I don't like the idea of starting over. I haven't played in a year and probably should.

trickstar66

• View Profile
    • http://radicalgarbage.250free.com
Favorite FF game
« Reply #68 on: 2004-06-03 17:42:09 »
Well, if you actually paid attention to the game instead of just pressing X to get rid of all of the dialog, you would know that there were many sidequests such as the Odin quest, Tonberry, PuPu the alien, Brothers, The monster at the lake, Card queen, Chocobo Quest, theres some more I think. Minigames, well, there wasn't much except for triple triad... but the game in my opinion was the best. Then again most of us do like the first Final Fantasy we ever played the most. I'm no exception. The storyline was pretty good although there were some mistakes such as the parade scene. Oh well, it's not like it affected the gameplay. I personally didn't mind the junction system like other people did. I actually liked the fact that you lowered your stats when you used magic that was in your stock. It made it more fun than just using one thing over and over. Example: In FF7 after you got Knights of Round, did you really use anything else? At least in FF8's battle with Ultimecia and Greiver, you had to use different types of magic and GF's to win. I remember when I was fighting Sephiroth in FF7, I didn't use much except for Turbo Ether, white Materia, and Knights of Round.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
Favorite FF game
« Reply #69 on: 2004-06-03 17:50:54 »
In FF8 I never understood the sidequest it had.....the rock quests, that is opened up after you do the lake rock skipping and monkey hitting sidequest. There is no prize when you finish it.....it's just ends, with nothing to show for it. They could at least gave a Ribbon as a prize or something.

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
Favorite FF game
« Reply #70 on: 2004-06-04 23:22:06 »
My favorite is VII. Hands down. I love the story, I love the characters. I honestly didn't care for 8. I mean, I beat it to death. but.... I thought Junction was complicated to the point of aggrivation. The characters are "Whatever, Teacher, Punk, Generic FF Chick, Hyper, Cowboy, and Dark Woman." And they never change. Granted, that can be said about 7, too, that most of the characters don't change much. But I found it most noticably annoying in 8. The story had more holes in it than swiss cheese. Granted, 7 had some plot holes, but it had SUCH a well done back story that if you actually look into it, you can find the answers to most of them. Don't get me wrong, FF8 beats the crap out of most other games, but when compared to others in the series, IMO it isn't up to snuff. So my list is like this:

FF7
FF6/FF10
FF5/FF9
FFX-2 (Click this link to see my initial response.)
FF8/FF1

I really haven't played 2, 3, and 4.

Outside of the 'core' series...

I loved Tactics, but the first time through I found it rediculously easy, and the second time I found it impossibly difficult. O_o

Tactics Advance... I didn't play a *lot* of it, but I found it rather hokey and quite honestly, a travesty that it's been hailed as a sequel to Tactics.

Currently, I'm playing Mystic Quest. (I picked it up for $0.50 (USD) at a garage sale!) And honestly, I quite enjoy it. It isn't deep or anything, but it's kinda fun. ^^ It could almost be called an abstract of an RPG.

Well, that's my two cents. FF8 fans, please don't try and argue with me, I won't argue back, just stating my opinion. You're completley entitled to your own.

-Contraspontanus X. Zydralexinar~