Author Topic: FF8 high resolutions and improved ost?  (Read 5943 times)

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
FF8 high resolutions and improved ost?
« on: 2011-03-17 00:58:16 »
Hi guys,

I recently emmigrated from the UK to NZ, and left my FF8 PSX back in the UK. However, with a bit of forward planning I also got a hold of a copy of FF8 for the PC and so have been able to play with that for the time being.

I've used both Ficedula's configurator plus the FF8 launcher, but I'm torn between having an improved soundtrack for the game (as I'm sure we all know, the PC midi's are pretty lackluster) or improved resolutions and widescreen ratios for the game. I'm trying to tinker with them to get the best of both worlds, but I'm a novice when it comes to these things.

Aside from the INSANE sensitivity from my 360 wired controller (tried every help topic but can't turn off the analog stick, however I can play the game most of the time if the left stick is untouched), I'm wondering if there's any help available in order to play with the improved resolutions as well as the improved soundtracks.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sed.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
Re: FF8 high resolutions and improved ost?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-17 01:51:49 »
now when you say improved sound tracks, do you mean the songs from the playstation version? As far as I know their has not been any remastered music done for ff8 like their was for ff7 by finaltim however I am not sure their is a way to get the playsation tracks to play either (if that is what you meant). Because to change music in 7 requires a special program and again, as far as I know, nobody has written one. As far as the resolution just use aali's latest custom driver and you'll be able to set your resolution to just about whatever you want in the config file.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-20 01:44:25 »
Hi guys,

I recently emmigrated from the UK to NZ, and left my FF8 PSX back in the UK. However, with a bit of forward planning I also got a hold of a copy of FF8 for the PC and so have been able to play with that for the time being.

I've used both Ficedula's configurator plus the FF8 launcher, but I'm torn between having an improved soundtrack for the game (as I'm sure we all know, the PC midi's are pretty lackluster) or improved resolutions and widescreen ratios for the game. I'm trying to tinker with them to get the best of both worlds, but I'm a novice when it comes to these things.

Aside from the INSANE sensitivity from my 360 wired controller (tried every help topic but can't turn off the analog stick, however I can play the game most of the time if the left stick is untouched), I'm wondering if there's any help available in order to play with the improved resolutions as well as the improved soundtracks.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sed.

Actually, as for the 360 controller problem, if you have a ps3, you can use the ps3 controller to play FF on your pc. there is a driver for it....

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/file/12

There.

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-20 03:17:42 »
yeah only prob is if ur not carefull u can brake the controller and plus this driver doesn't work all that good

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-20 04:27:13 »
I haven't had any problems using my PS3 controllers to play games on the PC using that driver. How can it break your controller?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-20 04:47:43 »
It only happens if you're not careful, such as accidentally dropping your controller in a pool of lava or something.

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-20 06:02:45 »
The best PS3 controller driver is motioninjoy: http://www.motioninjoy.com/
And I assure you it won't 'brake' your controller LOL

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-20 06:19:12 »
The best PS3 controller driver is motioninjoy: http://www.motioninjoy.com/
And I assure you it won't 'brake' your controller LOL

I can vouch for that as well

juststat

« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-18 00:05:50 »
I have just posted a fix to the controller problem with 360 controllers in the projects section titled FF8 Launcher custom config for gamepad but you will need a keyboard to gamepad program like pinnacle game profiler.