Author Topic: Question(s) about some events on the forum  (Read 2038 times)

gravija98

• View Profile
Question(s) about some events on the forum
« on: 2020-12-19 15:53:29 »
Hello,

First off, if this is in the wrong place, or if it's not a topic that should be brought up, I sincerely apologize.

I've come to this forum only a handful of times, generally for mod downloads. I decided to make an account and post this when I discovered that The Reunion and Roses and Wine were apparently no longer available in their original threads. After doing some digging and skimming through a few threads, I have some questions.

1. What happened with DLPB and The Reunion/Roses and Wine? I've been able to gather that DLPB was permanently banned for having constant negative interactions with other forum members (and specifically other modders), but if possible, I would like a "Cliff's Notes" version of events; that is to say, can someone explain in short what transpired that led to his ban and the apparent removal of his work from the forums?

2. Are The Reunion and Roses and Wine still being worked on at all? I believe I've found DLPB's website, which has downloads for the mods, but I'd like to know if they are still being actively developed.

3. As an addition to question 2, are there any alternatives to The Reunion and/or Roses and Wine that are available or being worked on by other modders? I'm obviously not expecting a mod on the scope of The Reunion, but one that fixes the grammar/spelling/name errors in FF7 PC would be nice.

Again, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I also especially apologize if I'm stepping on toes or anything; I get the feeling that DLPB and his mods have become a bit of a sensitive topic here, and I wouldn't want to start a flame war or open any old wounds.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Question(s) about some events on the forum
« Reply #1 on: 2020-12-23 18:54:44 »
You pretty much have the right idea with what happened with DLPB. DLPB specifically requested his work to be removed so we obliged. As far as I am aware he is still working on reunion on his own website.