Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 570724 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #525 on: 2006-11-17 17:22:37 »
Hi TwilightFantasy,

Thanks for your suport!!  It mean a lot to us.

I don't know when we gonna work on this project again ... but I think that the tifa in the flashback will be done quite fast once the project will continue hehe.  All I can tell you is that we are very busy right now so... we unfortunately lack the time to work on the project...  And it's not getting any better since I won't  realy have summer break this year...  But well I'll try to find some time somewhere between classes and work...

[edit]

hehe 300 posts  :-D (sorry I had to say this haha)

TTK_86

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2006-11-17 18:46:32 »
i have noticed a strange thing about this patch: when i ALT+TAB out of the game and then go back, the game plays fine, but when a battle occurs, the game freezes. Anybody noticed same thing?
offcourse this isn't really earthshaking thing, but i was just wondering why it happens and does it happen to anyone else...

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2006-11-17 18:58:33 »
It happen all the time.. but it's not related to this patch... I think there is a patch to fix this somewhere in the forums.
« Last Edit: 2006-11-19 19:24:22 by stormmedia »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2006-11-19 19:24:33 »
Heyy ppl,

I've been doing some test using PCreator, 3d max, and kimera and I ended up with this.

http://spinningcone.com/ff/stormmedia/npc_project/test1_1.JPG

It was a fast try.. I mean I made this fast because it was just a test so it could be better...  I made the head, the upper chest and the sword from the scratch with 3ds max..  for the rest I took cloud's parts and changed the colors :-P.  I tried to make some realistic hair too.. but I PCreator have a limit of polygone witch is most likely the limit of the game... so I tried to lower the hair's quality ... but well.. the result of the low quality hair wasn't as good as my first try... so I decided to give up...

Anyways tell me what you think about this one(This model was just a test so it won't be on the patch.  However I could take some parts of this one to do some models.)

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2006-11-20 11:55:21 »
I like it, stormmedia. but has been done a new Sephiroth Model for this patch?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2006-11-20 16:10:35 »
Well... the Sephiroth model was made since the Reunion patch... I don't realy understand what you mean... if you're asking if you remade sephiroth model since Reunion... well all I did is to resize him from the version Reunion made so it can fit the backgrouds... other than that he still looks like Reunion made him.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2006-11-20 21:16:26 »
Nice work stormmedia. Keep on working with that.
About the models, no, we haven't touched the original models Reunion used for his patch (except for the resize). We could make them better though, and you bet that we will... one day :-P. I'm particulary thinking about a way to redo Tifa now that I've bought his Trading Arts figure. I'll do it as soon as I finish my new version of Kimera (yes, I know I've been working on it for more than 5 months, but I'm finishing the new version now, really, It won't take much more).
Just wait and see  :-D

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2006-11-21 17:22:41 »
Thanks Borde and... of course I'll keep working like that... well I'll even try working even better :-D... and don't worrie we won't make pressure on you.... take your time so most of the bugs will be fixed  :wink:  hehe.

[Edit]
Ohhh and sorry I just noticed I double posted a little earlier... hope you will forgive me... hehe.
« Last Edit: 2006-11-21 17:24:16 by stormmedia »

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2006-11-22 12:16:49 »
No what I meant was "has it been improved like this?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/ssss.jpg

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2006-11-22 17:00:30 »
Well .. Cloud model and Sephiroth model have been convert by Reunion long ago.... the only thing we added to cloud is the sword... so ... I guess the answer is yes he has been improved.

Mattie

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2006-11-24 21:51:23 »
hey great patch! just need to ask one question... is it meant to change the skins in a battle? because for me it hasnt but it has changed it for the rest and its beautiful =]. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2006-12-01 15:02:22 by Mattie »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2006-11-24 22:04:13 »
No battle models are changed, just the field models.

Mattie

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2006-11-24 22:06:28 »
Thanks. I just wondered because i saw in a screenshot before and after and the battle skins had been changed =S
« Last Edit: 2006-12-01 15:02:00 by Mattie »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2006-11-24 23:00:16 »
The only battle mods I can think of off the top of my head are:

High Quality Cloud

Sephiroth Patch
         Official Topic

cloud7strife

« Reply #539 on: 2006-12-01 13:56:15 »
The Cloud patch isnt workin' LOL wana know why xD Says : File type ffpatch   ,the name of the file is cloud.ffpatch  :roll:

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2006-12-01 18:05:09 »
The Cloud patch isnt workin' LOL wana know why xD Says : File type ffpatch   ,the name of the file is cloud.ffpatch  :roll:

Actually "ffpatch" is an extension of the file thus also a type. To apply it use Ficedula's LGPTools and in menu go tools->patches->apply patch. Find cloud.ffpatch and open it.
(now I'm not sure but presumably the file has to be in your game folder\data\)

EDIT: ..or use this self-applying version instead
« Last Edit: 2006-12-06 22:36:19 by miracle.flame »

Fergus McMillan

« Reply #541 on: 2006-12-01 19:24:52 »
Quick question, and it may sound like a 'noob' one but.. well, I am new to this, anyway.

I was just wondering, is there a limit to the quality of a model that can be used in FF7? Like, the battle models look a lot better but are still pretty blocky. So if someone were to make an awesome model on the same quality scale as something in a newer game (Half-Life 2, Oblivion, etc) would it work in FF7PC, or would there be too many polygons to handle or something of that sort?

Again, apologies if it sounds kind of dumb, but I'm just curious.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2006-12-01 21:54:47 »
Quote from: Fergus McMillan
So if someone were to make an awesome model on the same quality scale as something in a newer game (Half-Life 2, Oblivion, etc) would it work in FF7PC, or would there be too many polygons to handle or something of that sort?

Oh I think it's possible, very possible:-D

Use Reunion's PCreator program to make a model into the .p model format.  I have not heard of a polygon limit yet.

Official Site

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2006-12-02 12:38:30 »
Nah, there is no real limit (well, unless you think 2^32 is a limit). However, there is a partial limit: you can't have more than 65536 vertices per group. You can fit as many groups as you want in a single P file, but you would need to cut bigger models into pieces. Anyway, 65536 are a LOT of vertices.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2006-12-03 04:38:29 »
Actualy Borde... I broke this limite when I tried to import 3ds max's Hair and Fur modifier into a .p  :-D haha... also... when you have too much faces to your polygone kimera will take  a realy long time to load it .... unless you fixed that with your new version  :-D hehe.  But again I was making test to know how far we could go... the limite is very high.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2006-12-04 02:03:42 »
Quote from: Fergus McMillan
So if someone were to make an awesome model on the same quality scale as something in a newer game (Half-Life 2, Oblivion, etc) would it work in FF7PC, or would there be too many polygons to handle or something of that sort?

Oh I think it's possible, very possible:-D

Use Reunion's PCreator program to make a model into the .p model format.  I have not heard of a polygon limit yet.

Official Site

Impressive, but the high quality model looks kinda odd on the low quality backgrounds and i like the less realistic looking approach in fantasy games where they are all stumpy.

*edit: Typo
« Last Edit: 2006-12-04 02:05:35 by Kashmir »

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2006-12-05 03:09:55 »
yes it does, but it does show the flexibility of the FF VII engine

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2006-12-05 17:45:49 »
Hi guys, how are thing going? Some screenes?  :-D

What is the newest ver? 0.6? do you have some stats?

GooD work  :-)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2006-12-06 02:47:53 »
Yes the nowest version is 0.6.  and... well about the screens ... we didn't realy worked on the project since the 0.6... we were all too busy... the only screenshot I have is the test I made a little above in this page .. but it's just a test and wont be in the patch.

Braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2006-12-14 01:41:38 »
hey borde, how do you put the cloud's sword in your back.
i wanna known, because the NPC don't work with my game (spanish version)

but i wanna known how do you add the sword in the cloud's skeleton