Author Topic: Square-Enix Replys to FF7 Remake Rumors.  (Read 13683 times)

thenry

• View Profile

spyrojyros_tail

Re: Square-Enix Replys to FF7 Remake Rumors.
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-24 18:10:11 »
So basically they are saying the same thing they always say........ nothing. And what would be better than nothing?! Anything!!!! The remake is going to come out sometime, just like the film had to come out sometime. There is far far too much demand for this game for them to ignore it or think it unfeasible to do a remake, they are out to make money after all and this would be a sure bet. So if it comes out this year or not it will eventually come out, we just have to wait.

thenry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-24 18:14:53 »
Exactly, but it definetly won't come out in 2007...
They could have easily told IGN that its NOT in production but instead they said it won't be released in 2007....

So who knows!
i'm about 90% sure they'll remake it...theres so much money at stake..

:|

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-24 22:15:07 »
I'll be happy with a remake with uber-sexy graphics, if they do more than simply give it a new look. There are quite a number of, um, faults for want of a better word, with FF7 that I would like fixed. To cliarify on what I mean by faults:

Leveling up. I'd be so much happier with a system closer to FF8 where you need 1000EXP per level, but the amount of EXP you gain is scaled depending on your level compared to enemy level. Leveling 8 characters to LV99 takes more or less forever with the current FF7 system.

Monster leveling. Same as above really, enemies need to level up with you like FF8. That would be nice.

AP gain on Materia. Holy hell, it takes even more work to level high-powered materias up than it does characters. Either less AP per level or more AP per monster. Or a new and updated system entirely :)

Limit Breaks. Not much to say really, I like them as they are and feel they're the best of any of the games that I've played. However, Vincent and Cait Sith could do with some lovin' (like being able to control Vincent while in beast mode).

Meh, there's plenty of stuff that could do with changing/ updating/ whatever, I just hope they do so. On the other hand though, they could change things and screw the game up completely as well. Tricky situation for Squeenix really ;)

TrekkiesUnite118

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-24 22:38:30 »
I think the AP and Level up system are pretty good. I got 5 of the 9 characters to lvl 99 and the other 4 were between 75-90. Yes it takes some time and dedication but that makes the game all the more fun and challenging. But I do agree with the make the enemies level up with you like in FF8.

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-25 00:24:52 »
See, the thing is, I've played the game a lot. Like, 50 or more times. After a while, the leveling gets irritating because it takes so damn long. And when I've got work and other committments to worry about, I don't much feel like spending 5 hours just running around leveling. Sure, knowing the right monsters to fight (Magic Pot, Mover) helps, as does having an EXP+ materia on each character, but even then it still takes many many hours to level characters.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-25 01:18:38 »
As much as I like FF7, I must say that Square really screwed up when they made the leveling system. Older FF games required only that you fought most of the enemies you encountered, and used strategy against the bosses. VII, however, seemed to rely more on power-levelling and less on strategy.

Since I like analogies, I guess this is similar to the difference between Chess and Risk. One takes heavy thinking, the other just takes lots of time.

FeuFeu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-25 12:14:55 »
Radiosity and Covarr : You've obviously never tried a Low Level challenge :-) Beating the game while keeping your characters as underleveled as possible (level 28 when you finish the game) is really fun. And it proves than power-leveling is absolutely useless.
I suggest you try as least once : you can find anything you need on GameFAQs if you need advice (many specialized FAQs are about this and we are a little community on the message board that helps people playing challenges).

Level-up is for sissies and munchkins :-P

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-25 15:18:02 »
Get your facts straight before you post please. I have tried low-level games, but frankly they bore the hell out of me. FF9 is the only one I've completed and that was simply to get myself Excalibur II, I then went straight out and started leveling.

"Level-up is for sissies and munchkins"

Yeah right, if that was actually the case then most RPG's wouldn't have a level-up system.

The point is that while it may cater to the tastes of people like you who want to go through at low level, it doesn't cater to people who want to go through at high-level, because it takes such a ridiculous amount of time to level. Which is why I compared to FF8, where the leveling system is a lot more refined and balanced and, frankly, enjoyable.

FeuFeu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-05-25 17:15:26 »
 :?
Didn't mean to sound harsh, sorry (smileys are there for a reason).

Yeah right, if that was actually the case then most RPG's wouldn't have a level-up system.
That's just a way to increase the durability of a game in 99% of the games I know : FFX would be one of the exceptions, Penance is nearly unbeatable without max stats. Still, it doesn't remove the fact there's almost always no point to level up to the max, instead for a feeling of accomplishment : in that way, yeah, it better take some time to reach level 99. Would you level-up everyone to level 99 in one of the Suikoden ? That would be nuts, and level 60 is the most you'll ever need.

Anyway I believe leveling up in FF7 is really too easy. IMO, the remake should actually make level-up harder, it would encourage looking for the right strategy instead of spending some time buffing up your characters and killing any boss in one attack or two (genuine question : where's the fun in that ?).

If FF8 lets level-up be so easy, it's because leveling up is not a good thing in this game. Monsters stats increase faster than yours and then makes the game more difficult. Keeping low level actually makes the game easier.

On a side note, I don't want to go through a game being low level. I just hate using level up to remove all interest of one of the main part of a RPG, ie battles.

odo324

• View Profile
    • http://www.mindscape.siteburg.com
« Reply #10 on: 2006-05-26 21:05:16 »
That's just a way to increase the durability of a game in 99% of the games I know…
True, but isn't it much more than that? Such games were built on the concept of leveling up. Unfortunately, it’s not so easy to construct a better corner stone.

FF8's level-up system was a real nice change from the norm, but still quite flawed (far-too predictable, for starters).
I think another radical change is in order.

Personally, I'd like a completely new system in re-FF7 so I can have something different to do. But to a lesser extent, just for nostalgia, I'd also like the option to play a game the original style.

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-05-28 03:49:03 »
i want to see the backgrounds and movies resampled from their original data if possible, if the result does not reach a certain image quality requirement, they work on it.
Then on top of that have something like the NPC reconstruction project, except they would have a new engine from scratch which supports the best current model detail.
Enhanced music, maybe even Advent Children style tunes.

I don't think i'd like voice overs.
And in scenes were emotion is expressed on the faces of the characters - well... they better get that right.

Depends what the finished product is like, but i have a funny feeling i'd much rather play the current FF7 with a final/completed High res patch + NPC reconstruction project, and some enhancement on the background, than play the remake.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #12 on: 2006-05-28 21:04:37 »
the only bad thing i can think of if a remake did come out is they would probably make it online and make us pay through the nose for the extra quests etc, thats why i like the idea of making an open source engine for ff7, fans could add what they want and keep it going.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-05-28 21:10:41 »
Online? I doubt it. SE hasn't ever made a remake into an online game in the past, and FF3 is going to have free online anyway because it's for the DS. I don't see them suddenly doing that to anything except FFXI.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #14 on: 2006-05-28 23:46:39 »
You forget how greedy squeenix is 0.o

rmco2003

« Reply #15 on: 2006-05-29 13:59:16 »
They've already got FFXI for that :-P

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #16 on: 2006-05-29 18:07:05 »
Nothing can fill that infinite void 0.o

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-06-10 02:13:03 »
Get your facts straight before you post please. I have tried low-level games, but frankly they bore the hell out of me. FF9 is the only one I've completed and that was simply to get myself Excalibur II, I then went straight out and started leveling.

NEWS FLASH: You can be lvl 49 at getting the Excalibur II, simply pop open your psx when it's playing an FMV, that way it'll skip it ^_^
(Might be fun if you hate being low-leveled, like me..)

Enough useless info.

~Please contineu

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-06-10 15:16:52 »
i want to see the backgrounds and movies resampled from their original data if possible, if the result does not reach a certain image quality requirement, they work on it.
Then on top of that have something like the NPC reconstruction project, except they would have a new engine from scratch which supports the best current model detail.

Depends what the finished product is like, but i have a funny feeling i'd much rather play the current FF7 with a final/completed High res patch + NPC reconstruction project, and some enhancement on the background, than play the remake.

If they're "remaking" this game (which I highly doubt, but whatever...), somehow, I think it would be for the PS3 or similar. Therefore, I think the NPC Reconstruction would become extinct, as would many other projects...I think that a "PS3 Final Fantasy VII"'s engine could handle slightly better things than what we can currently construct for the current PC Final Fantasy VII  :-)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-06-10 20:34:31 »
I actually wouldn't be suprised if they remade it for the DS. Apart from the fact that it might actually be plausible thanks to the magic of awesomely high storage capacity and compression on those little tiny cards, the touch screen would make a nice interface for menus and battles. Even if they did need to make it a multi-card game, they could use the GBA slot to transfer save data.

Furthermore, Square Enix has been showing a lot of interest in the GBA and DS lately, and they know that it would sell REALLY well, especially in Japan where the DS is currently the most popular system.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-06-10 21:26:38 »
I actually wouldn't be suprised if they remade it for the DS. Apart from the fact that it might actually be plausible thanks to the magic of awesomely high storage capacity and compression on those little tiny cards, the touch screen would make a nice interface for menus and battles. Even if they did need to make it a multi-card game, they could use the GBA slot to transfer save data.

Furthermore, Square Enix has been showing a lot of interest in the GBA and DS lately, and they know that it would sell REALLY well, especially in Japan where the DS is currently the most popular system.

FFVII has never been on a Nintendo system before, so I would be less surprised if it came out for PSP.  However, as a DS (and hopefully soon, DS Lite) owner, I can only hope...
You know, it makes no sense.  SquareEnix taunts us with Tech demos and Crisis Core, but, SURPRISE!!!!  NO ONE CARES!  At least, less people care than would should a real remake be released, which is everyone's true FFVII desire, I guess.

Personally, I'd like a completely new system in re-FF7 so I can have something different to do. But to a lesser extent, just for nostalgia, I'd also like the option to play a game the original style.

Yes.  The tech demo was impressive, and I liked the Aries, however, I didn't like Cloud as much.  It's hard for me to imagine him as a high-definition character with lots of detail, and I love his blocky, old-school look more.

[GLG] Sirius

• View Profile
    • Playtime-Gaming
« Reply #21 on: 2006-06-14 15:20:06 »
FFVII has never been on a Nintendo system before

Well, when FF7 was first being made it was about 85% complete for the N64, then in a last min thing they switched it over to PSX (wasting a boat load of money development wise that had been spent )  and changed it around completely, however when on the N64 gameplay was the same but characters and settings were themed in a completly different style. So i would say there is a small chance they will hit a Nintendo system at SOME point.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #22 on: 2006-06-16 10:57:17 »
Did you know 79.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006-06-16 11:46:19 »
Did you know 79.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
Did you just make that up?  haha

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-06-16 18:30:55 »
Actually I remember reading that it was going to be made for the 64 and when they got to the FMV ( Which were not movies at the time, just auto-moving models ) of Sephiroth Killing Aerith They moved to PSX. Thats not me, but what I read. I forget where though...