Author Topic: Paystation 3 on eBay  (Read 10388 times)

Jari

Paystation 3 on eBay
« on: 2006-11-17 21:20:42 »
Here.

At this very moment they list 16552 systems for sale, that's bit over 4% of the entire US launch volume. Not to mention that some have been sold before today, as pre-order receipts.

Japan had a massive scalper-turnout as well, but it seems that they have to sell their PS3s at a loss, to get rid off them. :-D

Pay b3yond!

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: Paystation 3 on eBay
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-17 21:49:08 »
I love the fact that this seller made a point to include a picture of his reciept, to give evidence of how much you're getting screwed.  You can Buy It Now for a mere $15,000.00!  I should have pre-ordered a couple of these, it would have paid off my tuition.

EDIT:

Ah the big hype machine at work.  Anyone remember this advertisement?

The Beginning

One moron I know wanted one the second he saw the ad.  He must have missed the 2078 release date... When the mind wants something it can play some terrible tricks on you.  :-)
« Last Edit: 2006-11-17 21:55:04 by Otokoshi »

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #2 on: 2006-11-17 22:22:12 »
I never understood that commercial.... PS2 the beginning? Since when?
Wouldn't the PS1 hold that title?

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #3 on: 2006-11-18 00:29:16 »
This whole ordeal is ridiculous. Campers where I live spent 48+ hours waiting in line for best buy, and when the moment of truth came, only 4 consoles were available... As for me and my brothers, I think "Wii" are going to get a... well you know  :-P

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-11-18 06:08:10 »
This whole ordeal is ridiculous. Campers where I live spent 48+ hours waiting in line for best buy, and when the moment of truth came, only 4 consoles were available... As for me and my brothers, I think "Wii" are going to get a... well you know  :-P

Spanking? ~_-

Threesixty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-11-20 20:07:53 »
According to gamespot... Wi waitingi crowd was much more.... friendly.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162034.html

Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2006-11-22 02:33:58 »
Ah the big hype machine at work.  Anyone remember this advertisement?

The Beginning

I would so tell you, if I wasn't on a 28K modem. :P So, not much video downloading for me right now. :|

According to gamespot... Wi waitingi crowd was much more.... friendly.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162034.html

Oh, that's just because they were saving their strength for online wars. Gamespot's forums went completely insane with rage when the reviewer was silly enough to suggest that Twilight Princess might be worth "only" 88 points. I'm beginning to think that Ninty's fanboys are the most rabid of them all. :-(

Over 70 pages of threads complaining about the review. That's thousands of messages. These people are freaking insane. They need help.

Threesixty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-11-22 19:31:59 »
Heh... guess it boils down to demographics then.

Parents waiting in line vs. horny teenagers....
With the kiddies voicing opinions via. the internet.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-11-22 20:50:21 »
Actually I think it's more releated to their expectations.
Most of the people waiting for the PS3 had a quiet reduced probability of getting their machines, and they knew it. Those waiting for the Wii were quiet confident about going back to their homes with their machines ready to play.
You know, waiting for nothing is very frustrating.

Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2006-12-06 20:35:29 »
Sorry for revival, but this is kinda funny, yet not quite deserving of its own, new thread.

Somewhat related to comment about the raging Zelda fanboys:Zelda Zealots strike again. Although technically it has Jesus-fanboys as well. :-D

I'm getting this feeling that these people take video games just a little bit too seriously.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #10 on: 2006-12-07 04:06:30 »
What went wrong?

Kids these days…

L. Spiro

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-12-07 12:30:50 »
lol, I liek hatemail better then fun mail.

Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2006-12-10 10:16:09 »
...and here it is, a fight over the last Wii.

Probably due to the violent and immoral games Nintendo puts out on their consoles. :-D

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-12-10 10:51:09 »
lol, tahts over here O_o;

A friend of mine got one by buying one online.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-12-10 12:12:28 »
Well my brother waited 48 hours in line to buy 2 PS3 and then sold them on Ebay for 2300. I ask him why did he not buy 1 more for himself this is what he said. I will get 1 in a year or 2 when they are cheaper i'm not going to miss anything the games that are coming out now will still be around when i get my one.

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-12-10 14:05:33 »
Well my brother waited 48 hours in line to buy 2 PS3 and then sold them on Ebay for 2300. I ask him why did he not buy 1 more for himself this is what he said. I will get 1 in a year or 2 when they are cheaper i'm not going to miss anything the games that are coming out now will still be around when i get my one.

Thats a hell of a lot of patience

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #16 on: 2006-12-12 03:16:47 »
Ah, so, a shortage of Wii machines managed to cause a bit of “shoving and grappling”.
As expected.   8-)

I will get 1 in a year or 2 when they are cheaper i'm not going to miss anything the games that are coming out now will still be around when i get my one.
But the communities won’t be.   :-P
I think your brother is missing out on the fact that haf the value of the system is being able to play online, get into a game, and get into its “scene”.
Make friends you play every day when you see each other online, start clans, and form leagues.
And quite frankly, going into a game knowing everyone on the server is the best part of the game.
Your brother has no clue how much he is missing.   :wink:
The ames may still be here, but the competition, clans, communities, the heart of the game will be gone.

Unless of course your brother is strictly offline with his gaming experience.

L. Spiro

Jari

« Reply #17 on: 2006-12-12 07:40:17 »
Ah, so, a shortage of Wii machines managed to cause a bit of “shoving and grappling”.
As expected.   8-)

Nuh uh, no you don't.

Since it was the "violent and sexist" games that made people fight over PS3, I'm waiting for your explanation about why Ninty-fanboys do it. With Nintendo games being all "wholesome", and supporting "family values".

And it better be a good explanation, or I'm going to call bullshit on your 'holier than thou'-litany on the correlation between violent games and violent behavior.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-12-12 09:03:54 »
The pope blessed all the nintendo games, thats why they are better!
we <3 the pope!

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-12-12 12:17:02 »
To L. Spiro

Your right there but one thing my brother only plays PC games online He dont like console online. But that might change now that Console games online are getting better. He like PC game better cos you can download new maps mods and what not. that going to change with this new gen Consoles

To topic

Brother said that he had 7 Wii on the day they come on in the USA and they when on Ebay too. Now i would saved 1 for myself but he must be happy with the cash lol

Jari

« Reply #20 on: 2006-12-12 13:40:37 »
chaoscontrol:

Darth Benedict? :-P

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-12-12 18:02:08 »
lol  :roll:

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
« Reply #22 on: 2006-12-15 03:13:48 »
I plan to beat Zelda next week, sell my Wii on Christmas eve, and make a boatload of money.