Author Topic: In U.S., fear and distrust of Muslims runs deep  (Read 13912 times)

Jari

Re: In U.S., fear and distrust of Muslims runs deep
« Reply #25 on: 2006-12-10 06:42:58 »
Darkness: o_O You have been studying this, haven't you?

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-12-10 07:15:52 »
I think its time this thread was closed up. Everythings been said, its only going to get repetative or obusive from here on.

Jari

« Reply #27 on: 2006-12-10 07:26:19 »
Hmmm... I'd say no.

It hasn't been a habit here to close threads for reasons like that, and I sure hope it doesn't start now. Especially so because quite a few our members visit less often than they used to, so closing threads few days after they started just makes them unable to reply - since most likely they won't happen to visit while the thread was open.

If it gets repetitive... what's the big deal? Don't read the rest. :) Besides, who knows, perhaps someone does have something to add.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-12-10 22:24:28 »
From what I have read in Islamic history and recording accounts of the follows of the Prophet Muhammad, there were rarely any enforced conversions.
The invitation of conversion was sent by messenger to the corresponding ruler, if they refused the invitation then they would confont each other - usually on the battlefield.
But like pointed out in a previous post, people who didn't convert were allowed to stay as they were but would have to pay some kind of tax.
Islam spread very quickly in its first 100 years of conception (1400+ years ago) and rightly so as they proposed and upheld many more rights then other religions did at the time.