Author Topic: Jari vs. L. Spiro  (Read 10909 times)

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
Jari vs. L. Spiro
« on: 2007-08-11 09:02:17 »
awesomeness i wish i were as lucky as you but that could never happen to me.
What part was it that you wanted to happen to you?

LOL I can honestly say your the only other person I've heard use awesomeness but me
I believe I have used it on quite the few occasions back in the day.

Quote from: Jari
Don't feel too bad. Spiro is made of lies and bullsh*t after all
Prove it.
Oh, and before you go off presenting a bunch of circumstantial evidence, why not try to bring out something that can actually be solidly proved to be a lie?
For example, you could claim that I lied about her promise to quit smoking, because you know that to prove myself right I would have to get her to vouch for it, which is clearly not something I willing to do simply for the sake of some Internet argument (and naturally asking her to go so far out of her way for such a stupid thing would only ruin my credibility with her, and I have to admit she is much more important than you).
While on the other hand, you wouldn’t claim that I lied about her giving me some new photos to draw, since all I would have to do is present my drawing, or the photos, to prove myself right.

So, do feel free to show everyone just how few hard-cold facts you actually have, because you might be able to find one or two times I directly lied, but in the end 90% (or more!) of what you think is a lie is just you thinking it is a lie.  Please face this fact.

and multiple personalities too
Please, do allow me to clarify.  What I had were emotional rollercoasters with a range so vast I could (and did) seem like an entirely different person.  But to admit to such a simple problem and take the blame for the things I had said rather than presenting an elaborate and deep-rooted problem and somehow trying to pass blame off to anything else I could would have actually taken balls (colors used to clarify the structure of the sentence).

In light of the difficulty of my previous challenge I will hand this one to you.  I lied about having multiple personalities, justifying it to myself by adjusting the context of “multiple personalities” to include “emotional ranges so vast that I seemed like an entirely different person”.

Not that I'd care, but I do enjoy being mean to liars and holier-than-thous, and especially to our dear Spiro.
Which is funny, because I enjoy being an arrogant holier-than-thou ass to people, such as yourself, who think they are so much better/smarter/wiser than everyone else.
Which explains why only people who feel very highly of themselves, or people watching me argue with those people, think I am arrogant.

It’s really funny actually.  I see some guy online thinking he is so bad, so I jump up to shoot him down, then I go back to watching my cartoons, playing Mario or chess, acting like a clown for the healthy laughter of others, and basically do all these “loser” things that no one with a decent level of self-respect would be caught dead doing.

For the rest, I enjoy giving laughter, smiles, praise, and help when I can. Even in this very thread!

That reminds me, hey Spiro, you were bragging so much how you already had counter arguments ready for that certain post of mine. They never materialized. What happened to them, your dog ate them, or something?
Shortly after that topic was created I left the site.
Of course I don’t make big dramatic topics announcing such things, and hope that everyone is going to cry; I leave when I get bored and I come back when I come back.
Do feel free to check visitation logs to verify this.  It was a long time ago but as I recall, after that topic went on for a while, at some point it was your turn to post, and I made a topic about stem cells and rights for robots, but finally I simply got bored and left for several months.  I had other things to do.  If you ever did give some retort in that topic, I have missed it.

If you didn’t, well that was the plan anyway.  By challenging you so straight-forwardly and claiming that I would be ready for your every next move, you would squander about and post virtually non-relevant replies (and I remember you actually doing this!, as I had to keep pressuring you to give me that oh-so-special post [which I did only to ensure you would keep avoiding actually giving it to me, heh]) to do anything you could to avoid allowing me to be right.
I recall proclaiming that I knew exactly what your next post would contain.
You, knowing your own predictability, acknowledged that there was a very high likelihood that I was right, as nearly any attack back at me could be considered predictable, and you know enough about your own flaws to know I would have enough ammo for anything you could dish out, and that I did have something in mind.

But of course a plan where you aren’t supposed to give me that certain reply could never be realized until the topic died and it was sure you never would reply.  But by that time I would not only look like an ass for beating a dead horse I would also be breaking rules by resurrecting topics.

Luckily, I also knew that you would keep records.  As long as you never gave me that magical reply that could allow me to unleash “all hell” back at you, you had considered the debate won, and since you oh-so-love to rub things into peoples’ faces that are so out-of-date as to be literally insignificant and forgotten by normal people, I knew I could safely let the topic die only to have you bring it up like a fool later and give me the chance to actually explain what the plan was all along (tada!), and let you be the one to beat the dead horse.

I remember leaving clues in my first posts so that when this time came I could actually verify that I had planned the whole thing out up all the way up to this point, but frankly I can’t be arsed to be find that post and read it all again looking for my clues.

But I know you will.  :-P

:-)

L. Spiro

Jari

Jari vs. L. Spiro
« Reply #1 on: 2007-08-11 18:39:41 »
Don't feel too bad. Spiro is made of lies and bullsh*t after all
Prove it.
Oh, and before you go off presenting a bunch of circumstantial evidence, why not try to bring out something that can actually be solidly proved to be a lie?

HAHAHAHAH. Oh man. :-D

I was under the impression that you didn't believe in God? Yet your argumentation is identical to several people who do, and like to use the "Prove God does not exist"-"argument". You know very well that lots of things you claim can't be verified or can't be verified without extensive effort. And believe me, I am not going to make the tiniest effort for you.

Do you not know that many people here don't believe what you say, even if they say nothing about it? If there's anyone here with anything to prove, it's you. You like to claim lots of things, yet you almost never provide proof of any kind.

For example, you could claim that I lied about her promise to quit smoking, because you know that to prove myself right I would have to get her to vouch for it, which is clearly not something I willing to do simply for the sake of some Internet argument (and naturally asking her to go so far out of her way for such a stupid thing would only ruin my credibility with her, and I have to admit she is much more important than you).
While on the other hand, you wouldn’t claim that I lied about her giving me some new photos to draw, since all I would have to do is present my drawing, or the photos, to prove myself right.

Yeah. And I could also stop reading somewhere around "you could claim". Like I did now. Ooops.

So, do feel free to show everyone just how few hard-cold facts you actually have, because you might be able to find one or two times I directly lied, but in the end 90% (or more!) of what you think is a lie is just you thinking it is a lie.  Please face this fact.

ROFLMAO!

You are probably the only person in this world to claim something like that (how nice of you to admit that you do lie... although we of course knew that all along). :) I don't know if you have noticed, but you do not exactly have the credibility to back such claims.

and multiple personalities too
Please, do allow me to clarify.  What I had were emotional rollercoasters with a range so vast I could (and did) seem like an entirely different person.  But to admit to such a simple problem and take the blame for the things I had said rather than presenting an elaborate and deep-rooted problem and somehow trying to pass blame off to anything else I could would have actually taken balls (colors used to clarify the structure of the sentence).

You did not seem like entirely different person. You seemed like one person who had extreme difficulties facing defeat in debate.

In light of the difficulty of my previous challenge I will hand this one to you.  I lied about having multiple personalities, justifying it to myself by adjusting the context of “multiple personalities” to include “emotional ranges so vast that I seemed like an entirely different person”.

Look Spiro! It's your credibility flying out of the window! :P

I lied about having multiple personalities

What was it that you wanted me to prove? That you lied? Awwww, that's going to be haaaard.

This claim does open up some rather interesting questions, though;

Do you remember when you claimed that you had multiple personalities? It was after you had attacked me personally without provocation of any kind and Qhimm threatened to ban you. You think that I didn't see your post just because you edited it away? If so, you think wrong. Remember also that I had never said anything about your person before that - afterwards it was a whole different ballgame, of course.

So, basically you lied - or so you now claim - to avoid being banned. Do you think you should be banned now for your original offense? Or perhaps for lying to avoid banning?

Not that I'd care, but I do enjoy being mean to liars and holier-than-thous, and especially to our dear Spiro.
Which is funny, because I enjoy being an arrogant holier-than-thou ass to people, such as yourself, who think they are so much better/smarter/wiser than everyone else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The IQ test score! It's *still* eating you up, isn't it? :-D What was it that you said about people who think they are so much smarter than...? :)

Which explains why only people who feel very highly of themselves, or people watching me argue with those people, think I am arrogant.

Hmmm... the chances are that you are either telepathic, or you are putting words in peoples' mouths. I think that I'll go with option two. :)

That reminds me, hey Spiro, you were bragging so much how you already had counter arguments ready for that certain post of mine. They never materialized. What happened to them, your dog ate them, or something?
Shortly after that topic was created I left the site.
Of course I don’t make big dramatic topics announcing such things, and hope that everyone is going to cry; I leave when I get bored and I come back when I come back.
Do feel free to check visitation logs to verify this.  It was a long time ago but as I recall, after that topic went on for a while, at some point it was your turn to post, and I made a topic about stem cells and rights for robots, but finally I simply got bored and left for several months.  I had other things to do.  If you ever did give some retort in that topic, I have missed it.

Ohhhhhh! I see. Shall I really ask for server access logs for the said period to prove that you are lying again, or will you admit it without further embarrassment? :)

Oh wait, we don't have to. I posted the said reply 2006-12-20, 01:10:52 - my time, I assume - and your next post was 2006-12-20, 04:23:17. Yup. Long time. Like two and half hours. :P After that you posted for couple of days until you left. Obviously you preferred running away to admitting defeat. :P

BTW, your "several months" is actually two months and one week. That's the time you decided to hide for after you - once again - had your ass handed to you. :-D

If you didn’t, well that was the plan anyway.  By challenging you so straight-forwardly and claiming that I would be ready for your every next move, you would squander about and post virtually non-relevant replies (and I remember you actually doing this!, as I had to keep pressuring you to give me that oh-so-special post [which I did only to ensure you would keep avoiding actually giving it to me, heh]) to do anything you could to avoid allowing me to be right.
I recall proclaiming that I knew exactly what your next post would contain.
You, knowing your own predictability, acknowledged that there was a very high likelihood that I was right, as nearly any attack back at me could be considered predictable, and you know enough about your own flaws to know I would have enough ammo for anything you could dish out, and that I did have something in mind.

But of course a plan where you aren’t supposed to give me that certain reply could never be realized until the topic died and it was sure you never would reply.  But by that time I would not only look like an ass for beating a dead horse I would also be breaking rules by resurrecting topics.

Yeah, buddy, yeah. :-D Keep saying that to yourself, maybe you'll believe it one day. :)

Luckily, I also knew that you would keep records.

If by 'records' you mean that I keep a local copy of your most outrageous statements, then yeah - I do keep records. And perhaps we should tell everyone why you know that, too. See, Spiro has this habit of covering his ass by editing the most stupid of remarks out of his posts... afterwards. And once I busted him for it. :-D So, yeah, he'd know that I keep records of certain kind.

As long as you never gave me that magical reply that could allow me to unleash “all hell” back at you, you had considered the debate won, and since you oh-so-love to rub things into peoples’ faces that are so out-of-date as to be literally insignificant and forgotten by normal people, I knew I could safely let the topic die only to have you bring it up like a fool later and give me the chance to actually explain what the plan was all along (tada!), and let you be the one to beat the dead horse.

Sure, buddy. :)

So, let me get this straight; your plan was... what exactly? To run away from debate you knew from the beginning you'd lose, and later claim that you actually won by running away. Yeah, that makes sense. :P

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
Re: Jari vs. L. Spiro
« Reply #2 on: 2007-08-12 13:52:15 »
Owyeaaaaahhhhh, another one! :D

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-08-12 14:23:18 »
What the christ happened here.

Have I missed something?

Jari

« Reply #4 on: 2007-08-12 15:15:44 »
It's split from this topic.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-08-12 22:05:42 »
Aaahh >_> makes more sense now.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #6 on: 2007-08-18 07:33:25 »
Lmao I decide to see how the site is after a while and I immediately see Jari in another arguement

Jari

« Reply #7 on: 2007-08-18 08:04:17 »
Hey there Liek-Ron. Punctuation still escaping your grasp? :-D

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #8 on: 2007-08-18 18:27:26 »
Yeah, pretty much... you scare many other peopel off yet?  :lol:

Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2007-08-18 19:09:35 »
Only the scum. :-D

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-08-25 02:19:07 »
Ah, so now Nori is scum.   :|

L. Spiro

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #11 on: 2007-08-25 03:39:08 »
(...) you scare many other peopel off yet?  :lol:
I'm not the one who you'd call the oldest member of this forum, but I do remember you claiming to actually care about posting (punctuation, spelling, special chars, etc.) - I thought that the ability to read and understand posts (even if there are spelling mistakes in them) should get along?

Jari

« Reply #12 on: 2007-08-25 06:51:42 »

:-D *chuckle*

Pretty desperate try, no? :)

Anyway, your remark contains certain delicious irony you'll most likely never know, but oh well.

dziugo: Awww, thanks. :) Don't worry about it, he's just trolling. Well, trying to, anyway. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't know nearly as much about the incident as he would like to, or need for these purposes.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-08-25 10:36:18 »
(...) you scare many other peopel off yet?  :lol:
I'm not the one who you'd call the oldest member of this forum, but I do remember you claiming to actually care about posting (punctuation, spelling, special chars, etc.) - I thought that the ability to read and understand posts (even if there are spelling mistakes in them) should get along?
You are right.  I awakened this morning and had remembered some of this topic (was the last thing I read before I went to sleep and it was still on my screen) and got the idea for that post based off my memory from the night before, obviously not taking much into account about the context of the post above and his reply, since the exact wording was not really at the front of my mind while I was laying in bed.
I noticed after I posted, but I felt no need to remove/modify it.

I put my own foot in my mouth and feel no shame if others see it.  For such careless posting, I deserve no less.

When/how are we going to end this, Jari?  That is all I really want to know.

I know your style is to simply take a situation and twist it into the context most beneficial to your side.
For example, teachers don’t teach because they want to give back, but rather because they act off the idea that they are more knowledgeable in such field and teaching is a way is displaying that.
To you, helping on old lady across the street means you want to impress other people.

Every single good action has an equally evil potential interpretation.  There is not a single exception to this.  And all you do is take some action and specifically look for the evil in it so you can waste all day on a forum trying to own someone who doesn’t even care about-

Well he cares about the forum to some extent, but in the end it is just a forum, and everyone knows people change online.  The simple fact is you are a guy online and this is a forum.  I have a big life apart from this so all that you really try so hard to prove can not possibly culminate into anything greater than winning a moot online debate that only a few remaining souls would ever even see.
What do you do outside of this forum?  Even Qhimm does not come here often.
Meanwhile, I myself actually do have things happening in real life, which actually do have significant value over a small forum.  I am not the same person in real life which is why I sincerely offered to meet; it really would fix everything.

So when you have a guy online arguing on a dying forum against a personality that doesn’t even represent who I really am with the people who really matter, I guess you can kind-of understand why I can’t be too flustered by your thesis-length posts.
Although there are a lot of things I could correct from your post here (for example, Qhimm already made the decision not to ban me before I ever gave any excuses), I just find myself unable to care too much about that guy online who doesn’t like me.

Of course all you saw was an excuse to run and hide from these debates.
I will let you think what you want (especially since most other people really can understand my point), but just know one thing clearly: I really am only interested in getting along, and my question about how to go about doing so was sincere.

Well don’t think too much about it; you will always be that random guy online who doesn’t like me unless you decide to meet in person.
So if you are really stuck on the idea of simply hating me, well that’s just too bad; we could have been great friends in other circumstances, and I certainly have no doubts my own past behavior is responsible for the failure there, but you can believe me when I say I am not proud of a lot of things I have done here and I am definitely not interested in being that person any longer.

I thank you for pointing out so many of my mistakes in either case; although I still have to sort out which things you just made up or twisted to suit your cause, there are still enough things about which you are right that I can see I have been an ass here for a long time, and even recently in my reply to your flame.
I supposed even these days there are remains of those outbursts in me, but take me seriously when I say it is not who I enjoy being and I am putting in serious effort into fixing it.

Speaking of which it is only fitting that I apologize to everyone for exactly that.
My apologies to everyone.  I wish I could have been more constructive towards the growth of the site, and I wish I could have had a second chance but the site is coming near its end it seems and I feel I will just have to live with a tarnished name forever.
Sorry especially to ficedula and to Qhimm.

My priorities have changed; I no longer care about proving myself.  I am too old for that and finally aware that nothing I was doing was in any way helping me be a better person and certainly not helping me make online buddies.  It is not 100% out of my system but recent events have had a huge impact on it and I do continue to put a heavy focus on removing it entirely.

I will do better from here out.

L. Spiro

Jari

« Reply #14 on: 2007-08-25 13:37:17 »
I put my own foot in my mouth and feel no shame if others see it.  For such careless posting, I deserve no less.

Translation: people have seen it. Can't edit it away anymore. Sucks. :-D

Anyway, are you sure it wasn't the foot of one of your alternate personalities?

When/how are we going to end this, Jari?  That is all I really want to know.

<holier-than-thou preaching>

<desperate attempt to illustrate how you don't care - you sure don't act like it>

<blah blah>

It's not going to end.

You could have ended it when you first attacked me without provocation. You could have ended the second time you attacked me without provocation - when you so totally thought that people would rally up to follow your lead... of course they didn't.

You do not have an option of ending it anymore. If you think that you can go attacking people just like that, without repercussions of any kind, you think wrong. And you'll understand that, sooner or later.

Do you understand? You have attacked me without provocation several times, you have never apologized - when it still might have had some meaning - and as if that wasn't enough, you are a lying holier-than-thou who likes to preach and feels a need to boost his fragile ego online. I do not like you, I am not going to start liking you and I am not going to forgive you.

So if you are really stuck on the idea of simply hating me, well that’s just too bad; we could have been great friends in other circumstances, and I certainly have no doubts my own past behavior is responsible for the failure there, but you can believe me when I say I am not proud of a lot of things I have done here and I am definitely not interested in being that person any longer.

HAHAHAHAHAH!

You sure think a lot of yourself. I require just a "little" bit more from my friends than you could ever offer. Certain degree of sanity for starters.

Speaking of which it is only fitting that I apologize to everyone for exactly that.
My apologies to everyone.  I wish I could have been more constructive towards the growth of the site, and I wish I could have had a second chance but the site is coming near its end it seems and I feel I will just have to live with a tarnished name forever.
Sorry especially to ficedula and to Qhimm.

Where have I seen this before... where...

Oh!

It was the time you told us about your alternate personalities! After you attacked me for the first time. You groveled so much - just like now - except of course you never apologized to me, it was just to make sure you didn't get banned. Turns out that you lied back then, about those alternate personalities and all.

So, let's just say that I'm really going to believe you this time. Yes, really. Absolutely. *nods*

j/k

:-D

EDIT: Now that I think about it, your post seems to indicate a paradox; you have this "life" - a "big life" even - you think of this as a dying forum, you don't care and so forth... and yet you write these long assed preachy posts. How come? Didn't you just say that you don't care? :)
« Last Edit: 2007-08-25 13:54:13 by Jari »

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-08-25 18:18:44 »
The reply I expected from that guy online who doesn’t like me, for now.
Oh well.

As for attacking without provocation, actually you did provoke me but you just didn’t know it.  I was doing the same thing you do now by keeping scores and all your mistakes to that point, but unlike you I kept them to myself until one day when I just go off and you (and probably others) think it was for no reason, when it was really for a culmination of reasons up that point.  I already apologized to the two people I actually did attack without being provoked.
I did consider apologizing to you, but you aren’t the type who accepts apologies.  Look at what you did after my post.
If you want a sincere apology, perhaps you can take lessons from Qhimm or ficedula on being able to sincerely accept them.

And I expected you to deny my proposal to end it all, but I felt like giving it one last shot based off the fact that I really am just not the same, I really do intend to keep changing, and because I am really not the person you think I am in real life.

I am surprised you had to think about that “paradox” though.
But there really isn’t one.  The forum is an online thing I decide when to embrace and when to do other things.  And even though you are nothing more than that guy online who doesn’t like me, most others here are real people.  We connect through a little forum with degrading value, but nonetheless I have had negative impacts in real people somewhere out there.  For them at least I owe a sincere part of my time.
I have given it now, so don’t be expecting many more time-consuming posts until I decide to contribute to the community with something at a later time.

I for one am still interested in taking Final Fantasy VII apart, and there are still a lot of things left undecoded.

As for my “big life” (the word “big” was used loosely in my original context, but you seem to want an explanation for it or something so…), well I do have my own software to write and maintain along with a forum or two to manage, my art, my chess, my job, my sweetheart, my music, Japanese classes to attend, and after-work events to attend such as karaoke and badminton, not to mention hanging out with my Japanese friends to help practice, two or three movies per week (if there are that many good ones out anyway), and soon teaching C++ and game development in a University for 10 weeks here in Bangkok (not sure if I will accept the position since I have every intention of being in Japan within that timeframe though).
Sorry, but I actually do keep pretty busy while away from these forums, and when the company next door asks me to go play badminton, and my coworkers ask me to go to karaoke or even to their homes for some game/movie/anime time, and when my Japanese friends call me up to invite me to hang out and drink sake (even though they know I don’t drink), all-in-all I really have to consider that online guy who hates me to be a pretty insignificant part of my life.  Sorry buddy, that’s just how it is, but I do hope you can understand.
That is why I always wonder why you get so riled up and get so much into these debates.
Not to be rude, but I really do have to question where your priorities lie and how much you actually have happening outside of this forum.
I mean, to each his own and all, but at least you could see why I would wonder…

One thing is for sure though.
I felt a lot better after writing that post.
I used to write these long posts to bash Jari and I would always show some attitude/arrogance and after posting I always felt disgusting and anxious.
I just felt uncomfortable after them all, and it was even worse when I attacked ficedula and Qhimm.  I was literally shaking then.
But I got a lot of things off my chest in the previous post and I felt pretty good afterwards.  I much prefer to be that person.

L. Spiro

Jari

« Reply #16 on: 2007-08-25 20:21:13 »
That is why I always wonder why you get so riled up and get so much into these debates.

HAHAHAHAH, man oh man. :-D You so funny. And in case you didn't mean to be, I'd really recommend that shrink; it kinda seems that you have concepts of 'myself' and 'other people' somehow reversed.

I wish that I had saved some of the best threads where (apparently) I got riled up. They'd have been hilarious reading. :)

I used to write these long posts to bash Jari and I would always show some attitude/arrogance and after posting I always felt disgusting and anxious.
I just felt uncomfortable after them all, and it was even worse when I attacked ficedula and Qhimm.  I was literally shaking then.
But I got a lot of things off my chest in the previous post and I felt pretty good afterwards.  I much prefer to be that person.

You. Plus you are totally bullshitting us, but that's pretty much given, right? :-D Who knows, maybe you'll even admit that some day.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-08-26 07:41:20 »
We’ll see.   :-)

L. Spiro

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-09-12 09:36:12 »
Iäm at work while reading this, so awesome, i get paid while reading this.
My life rocks!

(I hate this job and I'm sad cus I have this fucked up keyboard and I don't know how to do some symbols :( )