Author Topic: Re: Black Textures Problem (Or Graphical Glitches with GF8800)  (Read 6592 times)

Zura

• View Profile
Hi, I installed FF7 recently on my new rig and I'm getting somekinda graphics error with black textures everywhere. All characters are black textured and some of background is black. There is also some graphics errors in menu. I have nvidia 8800 GTS 320mb and 163.71 drivers and I'm on Windows XP. Does anyone have idea how to fix this or is it even possible to fix  :?  thx

MOD EDIT: Split from this topic.  Don't post in old topics.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-01 01:54:58 by Aaron »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
It is not.  The Geforce 8800 will not render ff7 correctly, as it is too dated and Nvidia dropped support for some of the older rendering technologies =(

Zura

• View Profile
aww ok then. Thx anyway :)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Well some found a solution from the topic you previously posted in.  Start reading from here.

Zura

• View Profile
Hmm I see. It's propably vista or forceware drivers 158 that fixes it, but I don't have either vista or 158 drivers. Looks like I have to play with software renderer  :|

twipley

• View Profile
    • custom user page on wikipedia
Good to know people still have this problem.

See this thread for solutions...:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=2670.275

P.S.: I'm still waiting bad for a response from NVIDIA!
don't surrender now! we still got a lot of pushing to do! ;)

Zura

• View Profile
Oh woot I'm glad I'm not only one with this problem  :-D it really sucks, can't play with D3D and have to use software rendering  :-( hope that Nvidia releases some proper drivers which fix this problem if it's driver related problem.

twipley

• View Profile
I just can't believe this is something other than a driver problem.
What, the newest GPU just can't reproduce what could be ten years ago? Just save this for somebody else. :)

P.S. how about some flooding NVIDIA in their tech support? ;)
I know it's not the first time they receive such feedback from us and they're aware of the problem...
Maybe they just don't think (as of now) this is worth the trouble to fix? :S

twipley

• View Profile
They've let me drop.
%$*& NVIDIA

Zura

• View Profile
That sucks  :-(

[GLG] Sirius

• View Profile
    • Playtime-Gaming
Re: Black Textures Problem (Or Graphical Glitches with GF8800)
« Reply #10 on: 2007-10-17 07:53:22 »
Im in work at the moment, but I've been playing FF7 for the last month on my Nvidia GF 8800 GTX without any problems, I've got the saint's patch and some others installed but it all runs fine for me, and I've got a dual boot Vista/XP and it works on both.

As soon as i get back from work i'll post up my details, drivers, patches, settings etc etc and see if we can get it going for you...

FF7's fine.......it's FF8 that's shafting me.

[Edit: I just booted into my XP partition only to have it blue screen, cough, fall over and die. Im gonna re-install my XP part and start from scratch again, soz for delay!]
« Last Edit: 2007-10-18 08:19:33 by [GLG] Sirius »

Zura

• View Profile
Re: Black Textures Problem (Or Graphical Glitches with GF8800)
« Reply #11 on: 2007-10-18 03:42:20 »
Thanks. Every help would be appreciated  :-D