Miscellaneous Forums > Solved Problems

SOLVED: How to get the textures for my custom characters working in game?

(1/7) > >>

frivol:
Hello guys, this is the first time I´m posting here, although I´ve been reading a lot of posts and learning stuff about how to modding FF7 in this forum for the last two weeks, so before asking for any help, I would like to express my grattidude for the nice forum and the very good tools that some people have released in the past through this forum to make the modding of FF7 possible for everyone. Thnx!!

So well let´s get to the point, the problem is that I´m unable to get the textures I´m using in my custom characters working in game, even when they are showing perfectly in Kimera and Biturn. I have installed Aali’s Custom Graphics Driver but idk if maybe i need to adjust some other parameter in the CFG file to get my textures working, but that makes not sense since I got APZ´s cloud mod and other isntalled and their textures are showing perfectly in game, so idk.. pls  Help  :-(  I´ve even tried the LGPtools trick to "successfully" convert any BMP to TEX, but no success, all what I get is a blank texture in game, I tried all I´ve read to get a working  texture in my custom characters but when I run the game it is just blank

Edit: Also I´m using 8 bits and 256 colours BMP image files!!

Sorry my english and thnx in advance!

Cloud7:
are you sure doing every thing right ?
since your characters are black , i think you forgot applying the maps.

frivol:
Oh no I meant "blank" not black. But yea, since this is the first character I´m working on, I´m not sure if I´m missing some steps since the tutorials I have read are not "step by step" ones, so I´m a little bit confused about the exact procedure, but still it seems that I´m doing right, otherwise I think Kimera and biturn could not show the textures properly on this character. I´m working on a Cloud Field model, based on APZ´s one, but with a few of modifications, it has 2 different UVs which have been already assigned to every part of the model by editing the .RSD file.

Here 2 pictures, I can´t understand what is the problem.

This is the model opened in Kimera:

This is the same model in game:

It is not showing the textures of my model, but I can see other models in game, full textured, just like APZ´s Clound Battle model

obesebear:
It's been a while since I messed with any of that... just double check your hrc and rsd files.   The newest Kimera is pretty hard to trick into working without it working in game.

frivol:
Yea, even when it is working in Kimera, I feel that maybe the problem is happening because I´m missing something when I edit hrc and rsd files, but I can´t find any tutorial or something that can help me with this, so I have been comparing my edited rsd files with some others from other custom characters that are currently showing their textures in game, and I noticed that in some rsd files the same texture is assigned to 2 different IDs, when the related .p part is a single piece, I do not know why  :-\

An example of what I mean (which I don´t understand):

This is the file: "ejdf.rsd" from the Luis Avile´s custom Zack model.

PLY=EJEA.PLY
MAT=EJEA.MAT
GRP=EJEA.GRP
NTEX=2
TEX[0]=ejfa.TIM
TEX[1]=ejfa.TIM

This file is referring to the chest of the model called "EJEA.p"

-Why is the same texture (ejfa) being assigned twice, to this chest? I thought you had to do that when you want to assign 2 different textures to the same object, but now I´m really confused, and this is only one of the many files I have seen with the same thing.

-Also, do I need to put some special name to the texture files I´m using on my character, or any name is ok?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version