Author Topic: Some in-game settings reset after loading (7th Heaven 2.0, FF7 Steam)  (Read 3823 times)

jbox

• View Profile
Every time I load a save using 7th Heaven my in-game volume settings reset to 100% and my controller bindings reset to something other than what I saved (may be default bindings, not sure). The only mods I'm using are the Qhimm Catalogue Battle and Field Models/Textures.  Apologies if this is something already solved elsewhere, I searched but couldn't find anything.   Thanks for you help!

Edit: This doesn't apply to all settings. For example, my text and battle speed settings all are kept after loading.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 19:58:36 by jbox »

Flash0429

• View Profile
in 7th Heaven under Settings >  Game Launcher in the top left box isi an option to save in game preset and in the top right box are options for your volume

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Straight from the built-in Help and FAQ/Troubleshooting in 7th Heaven:

Q: Why does my volume keep resetting after I change it in the game?
A: That's because 7th Heaven 'pushes' your settings that you configure in the Game Launcher Settings to the game every time you click the 'Play' button. So, if you want to change your volume to be set at a specific volume on game launch, be sure to set it here.

Q: Why do my keyboard or controller settings reset every time after I change them in the game?
A: That's because 7th Heaven 'pushes' your settings that you configure in the Game Launcher Settings to the game every time you click the 'Play' button. So, you should configure your control settings here. For more information on using the presets and/or using your own custom controls, look at Controls.

>>Controls Link:
Controls: The controls you have selected here will automatically be applied every time you start the game. This fixes a problem for some people where FF7 would frequently lose your configuration and make you have to setup your controls over and over. You can select a preset keyboard and gamepad button configuration from the drop down. If you want to add your own controls that you currently have set in the game, simply click [Floppy Disk], give the controls a name, then click 'OK' to save them as a new preset. If you want to delete a custom preset that you have selected, click [Trash Icon]. You cannot delete the included presets.

I'll also mention that the controls section will be expanded and heavily improved in a future update.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-06 09:21:57 by unab0mb »

jbox

• View Profile
Ah, I feel silly for missing that.  Thanks so much for the help!