Miscellaneous Forums > Scripting and Reverse Engineering

[FF7] How does character level affect the accuracy of physical attacks?

<< < (2/2)

Raziel80:

--- Quote from: NFITC1 on 2021-05-19 12:00:08 ---Enemies also do not have a MD% stat, a weakness that is useful to exploit."
I didn't notice an enemy check at that step. I'll have to double check that.

--- End quote ---
Enemies MDef% (magic evade) stat always = 0, I have not seen a single monster with this stat more than 0, but, I didn't check every monster. Enemies MDef% (magic evade) stat is found: current HP of the monster (in battle) + 33 bytes, in the PC version of FF7 (2012) v1.06. If this stat is increased manually, to 77 or 88, then the monsters evade magic, such as Matra Magic.

Also, the accuracy is affected by darkness status, Flash command and Deathblow command .
Physical Chance = (Actor's Dex / 4) + (weapon's hit rate / 2) for darkness status and Flash command
Physical Chance = (Actor's Dex / 4) + (weapon's hit rate / 3) for Deathblow command

Actor's evade = (Actor's Dex / 4) + Actor's Physical evade   (armor evade (def%) bonus)
Target's evade = (Target's Dex / 4) + Target's Physical evade;
 for monsters: Target's evade = Target's Physical evade; without (Target's Dex / 4)

HitChance = Physical Chance + Actor's evade - Target's evade

nfitc1:

--- Quote from: Raziel80 on 2021-05-20 06:39:04 ---Enemies MDef% (magic evade) stat always = 0, I have not seen a single monster with this stat more than 0, but, I didn't check every monster. Enemies MDef% (magic evade) stat is found: current HP of the monster (in battle) + 33 bytes, in the PC version of FF7 (2012) v1.06. If this stat is increased manually, to 77 or 88, then the monsters evade magic, such as Matra Magic.

--- End quote ---

I was meaning more about the Dex bonus not applying to enemies. Enemies have no value set for their magic evade. For Dex and evade purposes, it's looking at the actor and target's 40A0 (Dex stat) and 4078 (phys evade) values. The Dex bonus does not apply to enemies. There is an enemy check I overlooked because it's written weird.

--- Quote from: Raziel80 on 2021-05-20 06:39:04 ---Also, the accuracy is affected by darkness status, Flash command and Deathblow command .
Physical Chance = (Actor's Dex / 4) + (weapon's hit rate / 2) for darkness status and Flash command
Physical Chance = (Actor's Dex / 4) + (weapon's hit rate / 3) for Deathblow command

Actor's evade = (Actor's Dex / 4) + Actor's Physical evade
Target's evade = (Target's Dex / 4) + Target's Physical evade;  for monsters Target's evade = Target's Physical evade; without (Target's Dex / 4)
HitChance = Physical Chance + Actor's evade - Target's evade
--- End quote ---

The Dex bonus also applies to the Actor's evade calculation. Enemies will not receive it at all. I'll update the calculation page.

Raziel80:

--- Quote from: NFITC1 on 2021-05-20 11:55:01 ---I was meaning more about the Dex bonus not applying to enemies.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean this?
--- Quote ---...an enemy's Df% will not get any bonus from their Dex - for monsters, it's considered the final stat.
--- End quote ---
Enemies have very high dexterity. The average value of dexterity for enemies is from 50 to 60. For bosses from 70 to 120 and above.
Emerald wepon: Dexterity:230, Def%: 1; Emerald's eyes: Dexterity: 150 or 250.
Ruby Weapon: Dexterity:253, Def%: 100; Ruby's Tentacle: Dexterity:253, Def%: 100;
I only play the hard mod for the psx pal english version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version