Author Topic: [REL/WIP] Felix Leonhart's Enhancements  (Read 279866 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] FL's Battle-Scene/World-map Enhancement
« Reply #25 on: 2011-03-20 23:47:25 »
I second DLPB. Also, because I finally updated my graphics card drivers (and thus, can use 0.7.10b), your battle scenes now work in my game :D (so ignore my previous posts). They're beautiful, your work is stunning ^^

I can't wait to admire your work on the world map :)

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-03-21 03:05:30 »
Man finally ! The Battle-Scene Enchancement I was looking for on Team Avalanche section !

Many many thanks for the release ! Keep up the good works ! :)

Edit : I have tested the OPAC file from the post ^^ (OPAC / OPAD and a third one) I was waiting for the release for a long time ^^

Hummm Ati graphic card with Aali Driver 0.7.10b here (just disable "compress_textures" as I read something saying this can generate issues with Ati Drivers). The "Iceland" field is working here, but not the forest ?! Sl's enchancement working too ... and files seems good (not a download problem I think).  I'll test the  swamp now ... but can you tell us what are exactly the 10 battle field please (because on the Team Avalanche section, grassland scene is done, right ?). I know it contains Junon Beach, but battle only happends at special moments...

"Iceland" ; "Swamp" & "Beach" (regular Beach, not Junon Beach, not tested yet) are working... "Forest" is working too now ... no changes ! Game have just been restarted (but that's another location on the map ...). Ok seems it doesn't works on all forest locations ! For example it doesn't works for the forest of the ancient temple (the one who became black materia) maybe differents files name ?! (tested with Disc3)  :| Will test other battle scenes if you want (on any map location if it can help) just need to know all the scenes to test ^^

PS : For me using modpath is a way better than modifying LGP files, because you can easily enable or disable it ... for my opinion this is a good way to make mods ... (size isn't the problem to my regard). Oh and yes FL, your work is really awesome ! Like everybody says ...

By now I'm aware about 9 battle scenes :
- Beach
- Junon Beach
- Forest
- Mt Nibel
- Iceland
- Swamp
- Shinra Building (Elevator)
- Sector 8 Streets (Disc1 before jumping on the train)
- Sector 7 Train Cemetery

Tests for Forest scenes (means forest found on the world map near the locations) :
- Mt Nibel  --> Works;
- Fort Condor --> Works;
- Goblin Island --> Works;
- Bones Village --> No battle ?! oO
- Ancient Forest --> Inside ancient forest did not works (original forest battle scene); outside no battle ?! oO;
- Gongaga -> Did not works;
- Ancient Temple --> Did not works;
- Mideel --> Did not works.

I think that all forest scenes have been tested, no problem with "Swamp" or "Beach" scenes for the moment.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-21 07:07:30 by Kyo13 »

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-03-21 06:02:41 »
The grass land was done by pyrozen, so that's why it isn't in this release
There are two types of forests - [forest] and [ancient forest]. The second one is not done yet

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-03-21 06:11:15 »
Yep that's right for the grassland, I've understand this release only contains your battle scenes ^^ (The other project seems to always be at 9 battle scenes)

Okay thanks for the explanation on forests ! Did not see the difference with the originals battle scenes  :? Sorry for my misunderstanding !

PS : Always searching on the 2 battle scenes I'm missing  ;D

PSS : So I assume I can temporaly change the [Ancient Forests] by [Forests] to wait for the new [Ancient Forests] scene. Only need to know the [Ancient Forests] filename and to copy [Forests] files twice with the [Ancient Forests] filename right ?!
« Last Edit: 2011-03-21 06:21:18 by Kyo13 »

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-03-21 06:41:31 »
No, the [Ancient Forests] has different trees and background=(

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-03-21 06:43:19 »
Ok sorry, anyway many thanks again for your works, you rocks ^^  :-)

Edit : Found another battle scene "Sector 7 Train Cemetery" :) Looks really great too ^^ With Sl1982's field enchancement it's really a good combination ^^

Reedit : Really impresive details on your textures, for battle scene and for world map too ... good luck to achieve it !
« Last Edit: 2011-03-21 10:22:40 by Kyo13 »

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-03-21 09:42:02 »
Here is how the sand looks now=)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-03-21 09:59:10 »
Wow, I'm speechless  :-o You even remade the sky, and it looks incredibly good !

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-03-21 12:27:17 »
I'm impressed... and that doesn't happen often.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-03-21 14:48:46 »
I am loving the world map textures but are you working on any new battle textures as well :D

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-03-21 14:57:08 »
Currently all efforts are on the WM=/ But some textures can be used in BS, like grass/dirt/sand=)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011-03-21 15:05:09 »
well its looking really great. What are your plans for the WM? Are you gonna do the entire map? I like the team avalanche WM overhaul but I must say that I like yours even better.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011-03-21 18:16:03 »
Nice - I'd try and adjust the hue/color to better match the original. Great texture work.

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-03-21 19:41:29 »
wow! I'm really liking your take on the world map! i was wondering when someone would give it another go, but i didn't expect such great results. Be grateful that Aali changed the way textures are injected, it was a serious PITA when i redid it the first time. Most of my time was spent hex-editing and creating injector textures, which is probably part of the reason it is still 85% finished.

lee

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-03-21 20:13:59 »
well its looking really great. What are your plans for the WM? Are you gonna do the entire map? I like the team avalanche WM overhaul but I must say that I like yours even better.

I think it'll will be done completely, yet the speed may drop radicaly, cause now there will be problems with my studies :P

Nice - I'd try and adjust the hue/color to better match the original. Great texture work.

The color is realy close to the original for most textures(like sand, grass or dirt). Exeption - clifs, photoshop changes the color pallete so I can't pick the original color=/

Most of my time was spent hex-editing and creating injector textures, which is probably part of the reason it is still 85% finished.

Yeah, I saw them when unpacked world_us.lgp=)

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-03-22 15:54:08 »
Hope this is going for titeguy remix mod  :-D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-03-22 20:43:13 »
btw i already have Meteor done, so you needn`t spend time on that

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-03-25 16:06:49 »
A new world map to come :) Great ! Wish you good luck for your exams and for the world map too Felix_Leonheart :P I like your works :)

Many thanks to Timu Sumisu too, happy to see that you're still active :)

But I have one question please ! If I've correctly understand, now that we can use PNG files for field and battle enhancement, can't we do the same thing for battle models ?! (Like Barret and Cloud... and other mods like PRP ?) converting TEX files to PNG files and using them without modifying the LGP file ?! (We need to know corrects filenames and that should works no ?)

I'm asking that for 2 reasons :
1 - Using PNG Files allow us to use originals LGP files, a way more easy to use !
2 - It's even more easy to enable/disable mods and (for example) making screenshots or footages to compare original version VS modded one
« Last Edit: 2011-03-25 16:17:40 by Kyo13 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-03-25 16:37:39 »
from a glance at yer questions (hope i'm answering appropriately) - we could change the textures on battle models... but most of them have no texture. to have a fully textured model, we need to edit the lgp to insert our custom models. Otherwise you'd just be upgrade things like the eyes etc.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-03-25 16:39:20 »
A new world map to come :?: Great ! Wish you good luck for your exams and for the world map too Felix_Leonheart :-P I like your works :?:

Many thanks to Timu Sumisu too, happy to see that you're still active :?:

But I have one question please ! If I've correctly understand, now that we can use PNG files for field and battle enhancement, can't we do the same thing for battle models ?! (Like Barret and Cloud... and other mods like PRP ?) converting TEX files to PNG files and using them without modifying the LGP file ?! (We need to know corrects filenames and that should works no ?)

I'm asking that for 2 reasons :
1 - Using PNG Files allow us to use originals LGP files, a way more easy to use !
2 - It's even more easy to enable/disable mods and (for example) making screenshots or footages to compare original version VS modded one
Direct mode is the way to circumvent messing with LGPs

Amazing work Felix.  I didn't expect anyone to attempt the WM after Pyrozen did it, but damn nice job.

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-03-25 16:51:17 »
Ok I see ! So we still need to modify LGP files for battle models (I've forgot that sometimes the mod can have more files than the original one too !)

I've never used Direct Mode, I've seen explanations on the cfg file, but I did'nt try it yet. Thanks to you two for your answers !

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-03-25 17:02:01 »
Direct Mode - Put the uncompressed files in the appropriate folder. Works as if they were in the lgp itself. Its a beautiful little feature.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #47 on: 2011-03-26 08:03:44 »
Wow! That work on the World Map looks astounding! ;D

FeliX Leonhart

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-03-28 19:23:44 »
The biggest pain in the ass - animated shore and sea is finely done Т_Т

yarLson