Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 269757 times)

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.2)
« Reply #425 on: 2022-05-18 19:23:25 »
how do you install this mod ? , are there instructions i missed ? didn't see any on the main page

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2022-05-18 21:37:55 »
Everything is written down in the "Readme.txt" file.

The installation depends on whether you're using the Steam version or the PSX version. Basically, you install the PSX version by applying a PPF patch to the original game files using the tool PPF-O-MATIC and you install the Steam version, you must first install the Moguri or Memoria Engine mod, then install Alternate Fantasy by moving the right files at the right place and registering it in "Memoria.ini".

On Steam Memoria's last release allows you to download and install this mod (and a few others) all through the launcher.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2022-05-19 19:39:48 »
nice ok thank you  ;D

ViviQuen

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2022-06-11 10:55:30 »
Hi!

First I've really loved the mod, thanks a lot for your continued work on it!

I'm at the end of the game now and I'm pretty sure I've collected every piece of treasure there is in the game but... where do I get Excalibur II now? All the documentation says is it's possible and after googling everywhere that's all I can find.

Are you supposed to get it from Gilgamesh? Because Gilgamesh disappeared out of Daguerreo long ago when I went to get my S-rank medal at the end of Disc 3. I even beat Deathguise but haven't seen it anywhere.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2022-06-21 16:24:39 »
Hello ViviQuen.
You are indeed supposed to get it from Gilgamesh. If you got the S-rank in disc 3, that means you didn't have the mod properly installed. Most likely, you are playing the PC version of the mod and have the Moguri mod installed and didn't let AlternateFantasy have priority over MoguriFiles (and didn't notice the mod was malfunctionning until now).
In Memoria.ini, you need to have "AlternateFantasy" written BEFORE "MoguriFiles" in the list of mod folders, to ensure compatibility.

Sorry for the delayed answer. Since you were new on the forum I didn't get notified your message.

chaos447

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)
« Reply #430 on: 2022-12-13 19:22:43 »
In this situation, Garnet is blinded:
- single-targeting Vivi or Zidane is unreliable (either one can be aimed at in the end) because they are both on Garnet's right side,
- single-targeting oneself is reliable,
- single-targeting Quina is reliable because s/he is the only one on Garnet's left side,
- single-targeting any enemy is unreliable (any enemy can be aimed at in the end),
- multi-targeting is reliable.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Why is Quina reliable because they are on Garnet's left?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2022-12-13 20:16:21 »
"Blind" makes it so the targets can be mixed up, but only if they are on line with each other. If Garnet tries to use a spell or an item on Quina, she targets someone on her left and there's only Quina there. If she tries to target Vivi, she knows he's on her right so turns toward her right, but Blind can make her miss Vivi and hit Zidane instead because he's also in that direction.

It's hard to explain with words as it's mostly a visual thing.
Also, it's a system that makes the party's order matter more than before.
« Last Edit: 2022-12-13 20:18:31 by Tirlititi »

Exterium

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2023-03-01 20:34:40 »
Does this mod drastically change the hit chance?

I didn't progress very far yet, currently reaching burmecia, but I feel like I miss a TON of my attacks on random enemies like mus.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2023-03-02 01:21:52 »
Many enemies indeed have a higher evasion, especially flying enemies.
It is not difficult to go through the mod without ever thinking of how to counter-measure the lower hit rate of physical attacks (Free Energy, Accuracy+ or even Float) because missing attacks doesn't lead to a critical situation very often. But I personally prefer to play with that parameter in mind. Even in the base game, that's not a factor to ignore so lightly.

Enemies with a higher evasion are mainly the flying ones, but also a couple of enemies that look agile, like Mus.

Exterium

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2023-03-03 19:10:23 »
I see where you are coming from, but it kind of feels off with the rest of the mod imo.

For example, I just got to the outer continent after crossing the fossil roo, inside there you encounter Feather Circles, at this point, I can one shot them with a basic attack from zidane or quina (unless quina's attack roll is ridiculously low), which makes them feel like they are simply not worth the hassle of being killed with magic or any other kind of setup, they are not particularly dangerous either, I think their hardest hitting attack is demi, and it hits for less than 300. But several times I had to attack a single Feather circle for over two entire turns (I mean all 4 characters) just to get a hit in, it left me with a feeling of time wasted, rather than it making it an interesting enemy, the same happened with other enemies early on, where I couldn't do much other than spend turns missing.

I'm not trying to shit on the mod though, I really like it, and I'm enjoying it a lot, it is just the higher accuracy enemies that feel a bit off for me.

Telverin

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2023-03-09 22:08:36 »
When editing the spells or summons a character has, I've read you said it shows in combat. But does it show in the menu out of combat too? Say I change one of Garnet's summons to be one only Eiko has. Does it show Garnet has that summon if I press Triangle and look at her summons or only in combat?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2023-03-10 13:10:53 »
You can edit spells or summons a character has, both in combat and in menus. The only thing is to be aware that the 2 lists are not the same and thus you need to edit both lists.

In the panel "Party -> Commands", you modify the list of spells/summons contained in each command and thus those that are available in battles.
In the panel "Party -> Stats", you modify the list of spells/summons that each character can learn and thus those that are shown in menus.

For example, Steiner's magic swords are not taught by pieces of equipments: they are not in Steiner's "Stats" list and they don't appear in the menu. But since they are in Steiner's "Mgc Swd" command, they appear in the battle's menu.

Telverin

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2023-03-10 18:37:38 »
Thank you very much! So as to what you said, if I were to replace one of Garnets spells with Holy for example, how would she learn it ingame exactly? Does it just ungrey the ability and she can then gain the AP for it or how does that work?

Was wondering how that would work from starting a new file. Like if she has Holy in her list unlike normal, then how exactly does she go about being able to learn it ingame?
« Last Edit: 2023-03-11 01:45:18 by Telverin »

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2023-03-13 18:35:25 »
Anyone that has completed this, is it still recommended you watch your EXP / LV Gain in favor of stat boosts in the end game? Apologize if this has been answered before I did search but nothing came up.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2023-03-13 21:28:26 »
@Telverin: It depends on whether you replace that spell only in the list in "Party -> Commands" or if you replace that spell in both places.
If you replace it only in her command, she'll be able to use it right from the bat.

@Robgatti: It's not "recommended". Unless you want to go for a perfect game, there's barely any point in restraining your level progression.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2023-03-13 23:47:34 »
Alrighty thank you!

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2023-03-22 03:26:43 »
My apologies with the questions was just wanting to make sure I have the mod load order correct.

https://gyazo.com/a1f5af6351c7e06ab1d23bc0cfc54fc6

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2023-03-22 13:00:01 »
Yes @Robgatti 👍

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2023-06-29 18:20:51 »
How can I modify the latest version of the mod using Hades Workshop? Is there an HWS file for the 6.0 version of AF or is there a different method you recommend if I wanted to modify a couple things in your mod for my own playthrough? Nothing crazy. Weapon stats, zidane removable, rewards, etc.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2023-06-29 20:20:11 »
I didn't update the source file for v6.2 yet, so it's the v6.1 that can be found in this my dropbox folder.

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2023-06-29 20:37:56 »
I appreciate it, thanks so much!

Aelux

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2023-07-02 17:48:19 »
I'm having some difficulty with a few of the abilities. E.G Windfall, Cocytus, Phlegethon, Shapeshift (at the correct point in the game), where these abilities are just doing nothing. It doesn't show that damage is being dealt and the status effects don't seem to be applying. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, is there any suggestions on how I can get this fixed to continue playing?

shwamuel

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2023-07-03 22:02:06 »
Hello,
Is there a list of Quinas new Blu Magic? I got a shock when I was going for frog drop (took me 30 minutes to eat a gigan toad) and it was level 3 air slash and not frog drop. Thanks!

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2023-07-04 12:27:20 »
@Aelux: Most likely, you have the latest version of the mod Alternate Fantasy, but you don't have the latest release of Memoria. Make sure to download the latest version, which is the one introducing Triple Triad and battle interface changes.
Because I am not well organised, I forgot to update one of the links of the opening post. The direct download link didn't lead to the latest version of Memoria (I fixed it now).

@shwamuel: Yes, it can be seen in this spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hMYV5Kd1q623U-wVXrW1lKL5h0FDbHXE
In the Quina tab, you'll find both the list of Blue Magics and the enemies that teach them in the mod.

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2023-07-06 05:50:02 »
Oh, how nice, I was just about to ask about quinas magic. I ended up just using the latest version of AF and I have to say it plays so well, and im really enjoying it, especially with the memoria engine tweaks. (being able to actually get into battles organically without running around in circles really restored how this game used to play). Anyway, really amazing job