Author Topic: [SPOILERS] Remake part 2 theories...  (Read 1315 times)

Izban

• View Profile
[SPOILERS] Remake part 2 theories...
« on: 2020-05-04 03:55:32 »
So as those that have played remake and kept up with the latest remake related info should understand remake is more of a requel then a straight remake, I'm now curious as to what others think lies ahead for remake part 2, I have a couple of theories oh the direction they might take it so I'll briefly share the 3 of them.

On a side note I would prefer to keep this thread positive so if you didn't enjoy remake or can't see how part 2 can be positive based off your experience please stfu and avoid this thread.

Now that's out of the way first theory has more to do with part 1, or rather part 1 alternate,  as we found out Zack survives his ultimate fate, an alternate run through midgar with Zack teaching cloud how to be soldier as a new game plus option, cloud starts running with a firearms cause he has experience slowly working towards the buster sword as they find out piece by piece just how much hojo messed with cloud mind fractures and all.

Theory 2
Remake part 2 starts following normal progression of og7s story with minor world building changes, but every so often we get Laguna-esk sections where we are playing as Zack with some alternate timeline shenanigans no real story changes but some characters get elevated to playable rather then being straight side characters e.g Jessie and Leslie cause shinra manages to re-secure cloud as a test subject. All culminating in a timeline convergence where test subject cloud takes remake clouds place around temple of the ancients/aeriths death

Theory 3
Story progresses as normal however with branching paths having multiple endings, possible to have Zack as a party member, saving aerith, losing other characters,  depending on choices made through the game, side quests completed and materia levels.

All with save data pulled from part 1, quality of life enhancements like materia loadouts improvements to aerial combat,more materia variety, ai-gambit system and a level 100 cap leading into part 3
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 07:24:52 by EQ2Alyza »

-Ric-

• View Profile
Re: Remake part 2 theories...
« Reply #1 on: 2020-05-04 04:55:27 »
I'm going to say theory 2 is the most likely but without more than 1 story scenario. I think it's gonna be mostly faithful to the original's path, chasing Sephiroth around the world. We saw Zack live but on what appeared to be a "different" reality/timeline. I think it would be too troublesome/time consuming to explore the future of both timelines. I would be surprised if we see anything related to him again at all tbh (other than Cloud's flashbacks). It does open the gates for a potential Crisis Core/Dirge of Cerberus sequel I guess.

I absolutely hope there is an option to import at least mastered materia from episode one. I don't care too much if we have to re-level and get the weapons upgrades and so on but it would be nice to get to keep something. AI Gambit would be great too though I do kinda enjoy controlling all 3 characters. It would be a quality of life addition.

I also hope it doesn't take more than a year or two for it to come out. Waiting more than that would crappy.

Either way, I can't wait to be surprised. It's actually refreshing NOT knowing exactly what will happen. Part 1 was enjoyable and I believe part 2 is going to be even better.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 05:37:47 by -Ric- »