Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4869285 times)

wdx

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #11000 on: 2021-08-29 06:30:24 »
consequences of major decisions before making them? ..... gil in that kid's dresser in Midgar
can save in different slots to test each out, the kids gil if don't take
Spoiler: show
results in being given an smine 2400dmg item more or less

Secondary question, is there a good way to raise money once getting to Costa Del Sol? That Osmosis is expensive.

2nd question
 morph jenova directly beforehand for stardust which sells for 25k. alternatively can morph beach plugs into mirror's which sell for 1k gil just would take a little longer.

Thirdarary question, did the ultimate weapon passives change? Is there somewhere I can view them?
u can view equipment changes within the equipment menu's.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-29 06:40:16 by wdx »

jbsljvcc

• View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: 2021-08-29 18:32:53 »
Hey guys I'm new here. I've played about an hour or two of New Threat. I just realized I'm not getting any gil for any encounters...

Is this because I chose hard mode or something?

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: 2021-08-29 20:48:24 »

u can view equipment changes within the equipment menu's.

I don't have them yet, that's why I'm asking :(

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: 2021-08-30 18:44:10 »
not getting any gil for any encounters...

Is this because I chose hard mode or something?

ye :) you can earn gil via selling items from drops/morphs/steals most area's have a decent gil farm option available to you via at least one of those methods. gl hf

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: 2021-08-30 18:57:13 »
I don't have them yet, that's why I'm asking :(

info contained below within spoiler tag.

Any/All Char Masmune 100% crit rate Attack75 attack% 255 (appears to have some unknown dmg boost)

cloud: ultimate weapon 8 paired slots no growth. attack 0: Attack% 110% StatsBoost +25 for mag/spr/vit/luck empowered by hp.

barret:  missingscore 8 paired slots no growth: attack 50 attack% 117 statsboost 15Mag SPR40 LCK55 AP Attk.strength.

Tifa: PremiumHeart attck0 attack%125 statsboost Vit/SPR+40 Dex+37 Crit10 empowered by MP

Areith: PrincessGaurd attcak50 attack%255 Stat boost mag25 vit40 spr35 RestoresHP AllyKO =Attk+
Areith: VenusGospel Vit/LCK50 Dex37 Empowered by MP attack/attack%127

Nanaki: LimitedMoon Attack0 Attack%110 Mag35 DEx37  lck30 empowered by limit.

Yuffie: Conformer Mag30 SPR25 LCK40 Atk+ vs highlevel enemies attack0/attack%110 still has morph advantage.

Vincent: mag15 dex30 lck75 allyko = Attk+

Cid:  VenusGospel Vit/LCK50 Dex37 Empowered by MP attack/attack%127 attack50 attack%125

« Last Edit: 2021-08-30 19:01:02 by wdx »

BerikXardas

• View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: 2021-08-31 21:18:09 »
So after having lotsa fun with NT 1.5 2 years ago, I was in the mood to try 2.0 - thanks for still working on it Sega Chief!

Anyway, I have a question regarding the scene in the Shinra Mansion basement (post-Mideel):

So Cloud has to fight some battles at the end - wasted one try finding out that there is nothing to either steal or morph.
Next try, I was prepared and made it to the 6x SOLDIER 1st battle.
Anyway, before I try over and over (which is extra tedious due to the unskippable scene) I wanted to ask:
Is there some kind of "reward" for winning the battles?
Or is it just the Limit Breaks, no matter how far I survive?

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: 2021-09-01 02:01:58 »
info contained below within spoiler tag.

Any/All Char Masmune 100% crit rate Attack75 attack% 255 (appears to have some unknown dmg boost)

cloud: ultimate weapon 8 paired slots no growth. attack 0: Attack% 110% StatsBoost +25 for mag/spr/vit/luck empowered by hp.

barret:  missingscore 8 paired slots no growth: attack 50 attack% 117 statsboost 15Mag SPR40 LCK55 AP Attk.strength.

Tifa: PremiumHeart attck0 attack%125 statsboost Vit/SPR+40 Dex+37 Crit10 empowered by MP

Areith: PrincessGaurd attcak50 attack%255 Stat boost mag25 vit40 spr35 RestoresHP AllyKO =Attk+
Areith: VenusGospel Vit/LCK50 Dex37 Empowered by MP attack/attack%127

Nanaki: LimitedMoon Attack0 Attack%110 Mag35 DEx37  lck30 empowered by limit.

Yuffie: Conformer Mag30 SPR25 LCK40 Atk+ vs highlevel enemies attack0/attack%110 still has morph advantage.

Vincent: mag15 dex30 lck75 allyko = Attk+

Cid:  VenusGospel Vit/LCK50 Dex37 Empowered by MP attack/attack%127 attack50 attack%125

Thanks friend. Looks like my build decisions for each character matches up to their end weapon. I assume HP Shout for Cait Sith still does basically the same thing, then.

Didn't want to make a new post for this. Holy cow, the Knights of the Round fight was a challenge. Imagine having to bludgeon Omega to death with a level 50 mage Aeris. That took a while.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-01 03:53:09 by jamineal »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: 2021-09-01 06:20:40 »
So after having lotsa fun with NT 1.5 2 years ago, I was in the mood to try 2.0 - thanks for still working on it Sega Chief!

Anyway, I have a question regarding the scene in the Shinra Mansion basement (post-Mideel):

Is there some kind of "reward" for winning the battles?

no. but hopefully that may change :) 

dogs_go_to_space

• View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: 2021-09-01 12:14:16 »
Enjyoing 2.0 greatly

Does the
mini X-ATM
do anything or is it just a reward for completing the side content?

Also any tips for the
KOTR battle?
?

The counters are destroying me. I tried using stop but it only hits very rarely.

I set up barrier/m-barrier and regen and using strong attacks (e.g. omnislash and mimi)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: 2021-09-01 13:22:31 »
Ah, yeah, we'd probably run into encoding issues. Wonder how tough that'd be. Well, in any case, we can focus on the English TL for now.

Yeah, I realize this would be a lot of work, I can't 100% say whether or not I'd truly see it through until I get a feel for the workflow and get started, but I'm not a stranger to translating RPGs with massive amounts of text. It'd probably take me quite awhile, but FF7 is timeless, so even if it takes a couple years and perhaps I have to deal with NT version ups, I'd still be willing to sit down and try it.

I'd love it if you could point me to a place to get me started on text insertion, in terms of tools and perhaps any tips/recommended workflows you've developed. Getting off the ground is usually the hardest part so any assistance there would be highly appreciated; then I'd probably be in contact about stuff while I'm working on it...

Like right off the bat I'd have to ask if you can think of any novel/interesting/easy ways to implement translation notes without them being obnoxiously inserted in the middle of a dialogue box. There are a few initial thoughts I have, such as putting an indicator at the end of the line that signals "this line has a TL note"... then either pressing a special button to open new dialogue boxes, or just having an external reference PDF or whatever. Anyways I completely lack any FF7 modding experience so yeah, there's a lot to learn, but that's OK.

The big issue is that text is heavily linked to the game's event scripting. In FF8, text boxes size themselves dynamically but in FF7 they are manually sized so a change to the text itself may require the box to be bigger to accommodate it. The parameters for the text boxes live within the event scripting, so changes to text usually require editing of the text box (unsure if this has been changed as of the latest Makou builds, I remember reading something about that in recent release notes).

Translation notes in a separate window or on button command would require that every field carry some field script to support this. Also, there's a limit of 255 text lines per field, so they'd need to be added sparingly if in their own text entry. The script could be very lightweight, but it'd take time to cover all instances where it needs to be used and may not be practical during scenes where text auto-progresses (for instance, scenes where Movie Frame is used to progress scenes and pausing it isn't a practical option).

First thing to do is touch base with the tools:
Field Script - Makou Reactor: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9658.0 (probably best to start here and leave enemy data/kernel data for now)
Enemy Data - Proud Clod: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8481.0
Kernel Data - Wall Market: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7928.0
(Requires Visual Basic Power Packs 3.0 and perhaps some .DLL registration through Admin CMD window).

There's this tool as well, which can pull out all the text into plain text then re-encode it. I'm unsure if it works with mods as I found it would break on a certain field during extraction: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11944.0

I would recommend testing the insertion step of this tool before committing to translating its output. Do some edits to various fields around the game then test that the re-insertion was successful.

Any progress on this? I would really want to buy this particular version instead of steam all the hassle having another game client/launcher just for one game :-/

Not been able to get info about it, so I'll just buy it now and have a look at it myself.

no. but hopefully that may change :) 

It probably shouldn't be winnable at all, tbh.

Enjyoing 2.0 greatly

Does the
mini X-ATM
do anything or is it just a reward for completing the side content?

Also any tips for the
KOTR battle?
?

The counters are destroying me. I tried using stop but it only hits very rarely.

I set up barrier/m-barrier and regen and using strong attacks (e.g. omnislash and mimi)

It's just a collection item; there's a couple in there, some from Gold Saucer minigames.

For that battle:

So they both have 55k HP; Omega is weak to Bolt, Water, and Earth but will null Bio, Gravity, and halve Wind. He can be Stopped as you've seen, but it's tough to land due to his high level of 119. If you still have Aeris, then Seal Evil is a guaranteed Stop that can be useful here, or perhaps combining Stop with MP Turbo for a better chance (more stars = higher chance). Stop + Quadra Magic can also be a good one if you have it though it'll only be good for a couple of casts.

Shinryu is weak to Wind only, and absorbs Holy. He nulls Gravity & Earth, and halves Bio (he can be poisoned which should be handy as it'll deal 1/32 of his MaxHP per tick). He can also be Slowed which should be done early though this also slows down the rate that poison ticks at.

Both bosses are relatively slow at 76 and 87 speed so if you have a party with fairly high Dex then you can get a nice turn advantage. However, Omega will always counter-attack when struck by an ability and Shinryu will use certain one-off abilities when his HP falls below a certain mark so you'll still need to be careful not to get overwhelmed. Omega counters pretty much anything, so you can avoid taking some damage by avoiding him but Shinryu will also attack Omega which triggers those counters.

There's a lot of nasty attacks flying around so deciding what to guard against will be important. Fire is a good one as it covers two of Omega's attacks, or Holy as Shinryu's biggest attack, Almagest, carries this element. Shoot, Cut, and Hit elements are used frequently by Omega so Armour/Accessories that reduce these are also worth considering. For status ailments, Petrify is used by both bosses so that would be a good one; Confusion and Silence as well so you don't lose a character's input at a crucial time.

So first thing to decide is whether to deal with Shinryu first or deal with Omega first and this may depend on what death counter you want to deal with; when Shinryu dies he'll use Almagest which is a heavy-hitting Holy element attack if Omega is still alive (but will also have used other nasty attacks while his HP falls, such as Lv?? Old which reduces a character's stats to 0 and Zombie Breath which prevents reviving except through the Phoenix summon). Omega, on the other hand, will use Encircle which renders one character inactive for the rest of the battle so you'd only have two characters to finish off Shinryu.

I think what people tend to do is keep Omega locked down with Stop as best they can, deal with Shinryu, and then mop up Omega but may be wrong about that.

To start, I'd try to Slow & Poison Shinryu, and land Stop on Omega with an MP Turbo Stop, Quadra Magic Stop, or Aeris' Seal Evil if that's available. While Omega is stopped, he can't counter-attack at all so that'd be the time to start hitting him with Bolt, Water, and Earth attacks. You can tie these to physical attacks with Elemental, or use weapons with those elements already aspected to them (Cid should have a bunch of these) or just stick with spells like Break.

I'd maybe be wary about committing all 3 characters to attack when dealing with Omega, as his Stop may wear off and you'll suddenly be facing 2-3 counter-attacks + any turns Shinryu or Omega get while that happens. Try attacking with one at a time so the other two can deal with any consequences that come back. You can probably be aggressive when Stop is freshly applied, but after some turns I'd maybe start to hold back a bit.

There's a few things to note with Shinryu as well. First of all, he'll counter limit breaks with Lv?? Flare so be careful about using those against him. At certain HP increments he'll use a special ability: At 4/5s, he'll use Big Guard (you'll want to dispel that ASAP). At 3/5s, he'll use Zombie Breath which renders any character that is KO'd from that point on unable to be revived except through the use of the Phoenix Summon. At 2/5s. he'll use Lv?? Old which reduces the Strength, Magic, Defence, and Magic Defence of one character to 0 (while this can be cleared by KOing and then reviving the character, remember that the Zombie Breath effect is in play by this point). And finally, at 1/5 he'll use Maelstrom which reduces a party member's HP to 1. When he dies, and if Omega is not dead, he'll use Almagest so make sure you're topped up and got MBarrier or Shield up before finishing him off (Sense should work on both of these guys if the .exe is patched so you can track when they're about to die).

Hope that helps.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11010 on: 2021-09-01 14:26:13 »
So I bought the Microsoft store version of the game and with some assistance from Khoral on Discord was able to gain access to the folder (which according to my reading is one of the most protected folders on a windows machine). Inside I was able to find all the files which seem to be the same as the ones used for 1998 and Steam, along with all their language variants including the Japanese ones (very handy find).

However, there seems to be more hurdles. Attempting to modify these files or even replace them with modified variants of the same name is shot down by permissions issues, and it seems there are size limits in there where attempting to add a file will give a warning that there's not enough space within the app's folder to add the file. This means new files would need to be smaller overall than the originals; NT's flevel, you may be surprised to know, is actually smaller than an original default flevel so if a swap can be made then this size limit shouldn't be an issue there; though it will be for the scene.bin and kernel.bin if the size limit is on a per folder basis rather than a general size limit.

So I think a NT version for the Windows store version is going to be depend on whether or not these files can be modified. I'm doing a bit of reading on it right now.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: 2021-09-01 15:27:47 »
How much demand is there for a Windows Store version of the mod? I can't imagine it being strong.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but is it really worth your time to be working on this?

dogs_go_to_space

• View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: 2021-09-01 17:16:04 »

It's just a collection item; there's a couple in there, some from Gold Saucer minigames.

For that battle:
[...]

Based on everything else you changed I was half expecting it to grow like an egg and become a summon or something  :D

Thanks for the fantastic detail to help, I'll be grinding away at it after reading a few more times!

You're an absolute legend

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: 2021-09-02 01:47:37 »
Got one or two more questions. They're not super important.

(A) Where is Hydro on the Junon Docks? I don't think I saw that sucker during my escape. Hoping it isn't permanently missable.

(B) Are splinter materia necessary for Master Magic?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: 2021-09-02 06:01:49 »
It probably shouldn't be winnable at all, tbh.
thinking more about possible reward like
 fallen soldier battle being 'optional' in the last wee boss rush, which would then give reason for him to be there :)

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: 2021-09-02 06:05:00 »
Got one or two more questions. They're not super important.

(A) Where is Hydro on the Junon Docks? I don't think I saw that sucker during my escape. Hoping it isn't permanently missable.

(B) Are splinter materia necessary for Master Magic?

hydro is not permently missable. 
junon docks cargo ship screen, where you'd go to cross the ocean near the upper portion of screen

splinter materiaa is not needed for master magic.

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: 2021-09-02 18:21:55 »
hydro is not permently missable. 
junon docks cargo ship screen, where you'd go to cross the ocean near the upper portion of screen

splinter materiaa is not needed for master magic.

You know, WDX, I have memory issues. Sometimes I forget people. If you check the history of my questions that I've asked, you're basically my oldest friend.

Quick update. That Sense Materia was a dick move Sega Chief. Well played. Also, I like what you did with that scene in the Shinra basement.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-02 20:26:57 by jamineal »

Delta_Genesiz

• View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: 2021-09-02 22:07:07 »
Hi,

I noticed a few thing during my playthrough, dunno if these things are on purpose or not.
I play on the steam (French) version, I followed the install instructions (renaming files etc...)

Here are the few things (that might be a bug) I noticed :

1st thing, Aeris can use two of Cid's Weapons; Scimitar and Venus Gospel.

Silver Chocobo can level up everybody (except Cloud) lvl 99 by renaming the Character with a reagan green -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvDqcTP7q0

For some reason I didn't get the Ribbon after Ozma battle, maybe it has been removed ?

rgmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: 2021-09-03 04:08:49 »
Okay you beautiful, sadistic cowboy. You've made random encounters so much more deadly than boss fights and I love it. Also, will I KNOW the consequences of major decisions before making them? I don't wanna... yanno... leave the gil in that kid's dresser in Midgar and suddenly I have to 360 no-scope Sephiroth with solo one materia Yuffie. (For those of you that can't discern when someone is not being serious, and there are a lot of you, that was not a serious situation that I expect.)

Secondary question, is there a good way to raise money once getting to Costa Del Sol? That Osmosis is expensive.

Thirdarary question, did the ultimate weapon passives change? Is there somewhere I can view them?

morph monsters at costa del sol beach

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: 2021-09-03 12:38:37 »
Hi,

I noticed a few thing during my playthrough, dunno if these things are on purpose or not.
I play on the steam (French) version, I followed the install instructions (renaming files etc...)

Here are the few things (that might be a bug) I noticed :

1st thing, Aeris can use two of Cid's Weapons; Scimitar and Venus Gospel.

Silver Chocobo can level up everybody (except Cloud) lvl 99 by renaming the Character with a reagan green -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvDqcTP7q0

For some reason I didn't get the Ribbon after Ozma battle, maybe it has been removed ?

item for the last battle you mentioned should of been
'????'
which is part of the
silver chocobo pahsana greens secrets. if solved and done all could use that item within
 certain field. There used to be a bug where could go down levels with the silver chocobo, not seen going up thou.

pretty sure 1st was intentional
 as normally doesn't have any other weapons beyond that point of time
there is only one location present for the
ribbon
and that is via gaurenteed drop from the
flowergirl if she dies

« Last Edit: 2021-09-03 12:40:14 by wdx »

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: 2021-09-03 14:51:25 »
It would appear that I was not fully ready to dabble in North Crater. I 100% brought piss to a shit fight. Gonna go grind out some of those big-badda-boom weapons and such. God I love this mod.

Oh, just remembered about the secret puzzle solving thing that I won't include spoilers for. But um... how the heck do I get back to some of these areas? Or I remember someone said something about a lot of them being available in the Battle Square. Is that true for all of them?

Furthermore, is there an established Ultimate Weapon bug? I fought him twice and he just... stopped spawning. That or I've been the unluckiest man alive for several hours. I recognize that he can be elusive, but I also don't see Ruby Weapon sticking his grubby mitts out of the ground.

Update: I killed Emerald Weapon and got Masamune, Now Ultimate Weapon showed back up. Idk if I was just EXECPTIONALLY unlucky for over 3 hours or if there was a quest trigger or some such. But for anyone looking for that info, there it is.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-03 17:44:49 by jamineal »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: 2021-09-03 15:50:49 »
It would appear that I was not fully ready to dabble in North Crater. I 100% brought piss to a shit fight. Gonna go grind out some of those big-badda-boom weapons and such. God I love this mod.

Oh, just remembered about the secret puzzle solving thing that I won't include spoilers for. But um... how the heck do I get back to some of these areas? Or I remember someone said something about a lot of them being available in the Battle Square. Is that true for all of them?

Furthermore, is there an established Ultimate Weapon bug? I fought him twice and he just... stopped spawning. That or I've been the unluckiest man alive for several hours.
good luck with the crater
don't think battlesqurea fights counted,
silver chocobo pahsana green 'mission'
when i tried that in approx version 2.08x.
 part of what makes me think not is the rock you break the seal on, well thats  once only fight in which you break a rock there has been a few people appearing to edit their savefiles (highly  doubt thats suppossed to the method to use).  if u like i can throw up a savefile with those things done (everything is to do within the game being done) exception last small section Choice. Although replaybility is what presume that mission is for.

Regards ultimate weapon: Have you tried enter then leaving a few towns then look? had a simular issue in the past and that appeared to solve it. That was at the point just before midgar raid when had that issue thou.

« Last Edit: 2021-09-03 15:52:36 by wdx »

jamineal

• View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: 2021-09-03 17:46:58 »

Regards ultimate weapon: Have you tried enter then leaving a few towns then look? had a simular issue in the past and that appeared to solve it. That was at the point just before midgar raid when had that issue thou.

Oddly enough, that's where I had the issue too. So yeah, it looks like a couple of in-and-outs may be the answer. I killed Emeraldy boi and made my super long sword. Then boom, Ultimate guyo just pops up right in front of me.

rosarioimpale

• View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: 2021-09-03 23:13:00 »
I checked the field script and it should just be a case of talking to him while having 1x Murasame in the inventory, 1x Moonstone (from Cosmo Canyon, red xiii's room), 1x Zenogias Plate (from Costa Del Sol house), and 7x 7778 Needles from Cactuers. When the recipe is displayed, does it show you have the required number of items in the recipe's text box or are any not matching what you have in your inventory (for instance do they display 0 instead of 1)?

It does show that I have 1 of each when I speak to him, but the dialogue ends immediately after he lists the ingredients.

dogs_go_to_space

• View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: 2021-09-04 11:32:59 »
Oddly enough, that's where I had the issue too. So yeah, it looks like a couple of in-and-outs may be the answer. I killed Emeraldy boi and made my super long sword. Then boom, Ultimate guyo just pops up right in front of me.
Taking a couple of random battles got him to spawn over the ocean for me