Author Topic: 7th Heaven 2.x Language Translations  (Read 18570 times)

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
Hi y'all. I can help with translating in Greek? As long as Leonhart is happy to share the workload? ;)

Khrone

• View Profile
I'm Italian and I can take a look at the Italian translation.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Hi y'all. I can help with translating in Greek? As long as Leonhart is happy to share the workload? ;)

I'm gonna pm you bro! Let's join forces ;)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
I'm Italian and I can take a look at the Italian translation.

Awesome! Please reach out to me (same username) on the Tsunamods or Qhimm discord so we can get you started, transfer files easily, etc. Thank you!

youffie

• View Profile
Available for French translation.
Used to de Scanlation a few years back.

Duellos

• View Profile
Hello,

If you are still looking for translator, i'm french :)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
There is one person currently working on the French translation. If you're serious about helping for the French translation, contact me on Discord and you two can work together. Oddly, I've had 3-4x the number of offers to help for French than any other language, with the least number of people to actually start working on it.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
I've registered to this forum 5 mins ago. Only to help translate stuff from english to german. Never did that before, but sounds like fun in quarantine. Just contact me for what I can do for you :-)
Contact me on Discord on either the Qhimm forums or Tsunamods server. Maybe you 2 can join forces in translating.

Jeehan

• View Profile
Hello ! I can help for the french translation but i need to know : The FF7 french pal version is compatible with 7th Heaven ??

I've read there is no compatibilty with FF7 Pal version and 7th heaven.

Jeehan

• View Profile
Also with the 7th Heaven, can we play with the Neo-Midgard french retraduction ?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
I don't know what those are, but there's no reason to believe that any translation wouldn't be compatible with 7H. It supports replacing all files that would need to be modified to translate the game, plus hext and/or custom exes. So it would just be a matter of how the mod author designed it and if they decided to package it for 7H.

7H also doesn't look for/care what language version of the game you are running either. The only exception being the built-in Game Converter expects English files to convert from. As stated in the first post of this thread, the built-in game converter will support other languages in the next release, but that shouldn't stop you from using the old game converter to convert the game first then running 7H 2.0 on top of it.

Jeehan

• View Profile
https://ff7.fr/neo-midgar, you can google translate it and check if you want ! This retraduction's patch is compatible with the FF7.exe French-Pal version but i don't know with 7h. Do you think it can be compatible ? Do you think i can install 7th on my FF7 French steam version or convert it ?

Sorry for my questions  ;D

Also, do you know where i can contact those french traductor for start the work ??

Thank you

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
https://ff7.fr/neo-midgar, you can google translate it and check if you want ! This retraduction's patch is compatible with the FF7.exe French-Pal version but i don't know with 7h. Do you think it can be compatible ? Do you think i can install 7th on my FF7 French steam version or convert it ?

Sorry for my questions  ;D

Also, do you know where i can contact those french traductor for start the work ??

Thank you

Sorry, I won't be downloading it and taking it apart (it's not my mod to support and would take up my time) to see how it works and what it modifies. I'm busy with other things. You should try contacting the author and see if they can package it differently than an exe (sounds like it is an installer?). 7H's big advantage is that you don't have to make any changes to your game files. The author or someone can easily take the changes and package them differently in an IRO with the files that need modified such as the .bin files, flevel, world map, and other data, hext, and even provide custom exes (although that is frowned upon and hext can accomplish the same thing). As I mentioned before, almost anything can be made to work with 7H and from what I've read, this patch isn't doing anything out of the ordinary that would prevent it from being compatible.

youffie is the primary translator for the French UI if you want to reach out to him.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
After 11 hours straight and 430 more lines I managed to finish the first file.
Progress update 7H DEV v2.0.3.433:
100% for StringResources.gr.xaml
0% for 7H_GameDriver_UI.xml.
Sending for review to my friend.
Already pmed the file on Discord. Crashes when selecting the   Game Driver Options. Some minor character space issue in one tab. I'm quite positive for the next release! Cheers!

Forron

• Hi there!
    • View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven 2.0 Translators Needed! - French, German
« Reply #39 on: 2020-05-17 10:40:58 »
I would love to help with the german translation!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: 7th Heaven 2.0 Translators Needed! - French, German
« Reply #40 on: 2020-06-11 21:50:41 »
I would love to help with the german translation!

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I haven't been on the forums for quite some time. The German translation is complete, but thank you for offering to help!

spectre_bruno

• View Profile

The download for all languages are in this zip file:
http://7thheaven.rocks/Translations_Needed/7HLanguages.zip

The link for translations are off! I love you guys! Help me if u can! Thanks !

Samanler

• View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven 2.x Language Translations
« Reply #42 on: 2023-05-10 20:34:35 »
That sounds great! It's always good to see software being made more accessible to a wider audience, including in the field of legal translation. It's also wonderful to see that the community is helping with translations, which can be a huge undertaking for a small team, especially when dealing with legal terminology. Congratulations on the progress with the translations so far!

For those who are interested in helping with legal translation, what is the best way to get involved and contribute? Are there any specific guidelines or tools that should be used to ensure consistency across translations?
« Last Edit: 2023-07-05 07:31:46 by Samanler »