Author Topic: 7th Heaven crashes after failing to detect installation path.  (Read 2399 times)

lxmited

• View Profile
First time using this mod tool and after installing, when I open the application I am greeted with this.

I moved my steam folder and all of my games to a new M.2 drive and the path is now just F:\steam\steamapps\common\FinalFantasyVII
I have been digging through the files installed with the mod and I have found no way to change how to detect where the game is installed. Does anyone have a simple fix for this?

Khrone

• View Profile
Settings -> General Settings... -> Paths (on top) -> FF7 Exe: -> Insert your new FF7 path here.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
7H should have offered to convert your Steam install to a traditional... many of 7H's functions won't work correctly when the game is installed in a system-protected folder like \Program Files\ or \Program Files (x86)\

lxmited

• View Profile
Settings -> General Settings... -> Paths (on top) -> FF7 Exe: -> Insert your new FF7 path here.
I cant get to the settings options, the unexpected error window pops up instantly and then 7th heaven crashes. I have no chance to even get into the settings.

lxmited

• View Profile
7H should have offered to convert your Steam install to a traditional... many of 7H's functions won't work correctly when the game is installed in a system-protected folder like \Program Files\ or \Program Files (x86)\
It didnt, I even tried installing fresh as well. And my game is not installed in any system protected folder. I moved my entire games library onto an M.2 drive so the path is literally just F:\steam\steamapps\common\FinalFantasyVII when I built my computer yea that was the initial path but my steam has not been on that drive in like 5 years.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
either wipe and reinstall 7thheaven, or close it down, wipe the 7thworkshop sub folder and relaunch it, hopefully then it will popup the settings screen again with the new path detected.

If it is not detected, manually select it before clicking ok.